Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I practise football very much, but I have problems with shots from volley. When I shot, the ball is going high over the crossbar, or low and the shot is weak.
With wich part of foot should I shot to make good volley shot ?
Thanks.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
NEVER shoot a powerful volley with the inner part of ur foot, it will go meters wide from the goal and will be very high, shoot it with the "outside" of ur foot in the centre of the ball, be aware, timing MUST be perfect for the ball to be powerful but still go straight into the area u want it to be.

+ practise makes perfection ;)

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for advice ! Of course, much practise before me, but I use to work hard :)

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
The most important thing is the way you stand while you take the shot. If you're leaning backwards (even slightly) it'll go over, so you have to press the ball down with your body and take it on the centre of your foot.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
It all about waiting for the ball.

First off you want to take the ball as low as possible. That means if possible take it on the half volley or even take a touch and then hit it if you have the time. Goals like Zinedine Zidane's champions league final goal are all but impossible for us mortals, volleying a ball above knee height is a very hard skill.

Second wait until the ball is under your knee. I know you don't always have the time to take the ball where you want it, but if you take it out in front of you you're not going to keep it down in a million years. Likewise if you take it to the side of you, you'll struggle for direction.

But really the best advice is that if you can avoid it, don't hit a volley. Take a touch then hit it. I know when the ball lobs up in front of you 30 yars from goal its one of the hardest things in the world to not swing your leg at it as hard as humanly possible, but really hitting a ball off the ground or on the half volley is a much easier skill.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
mutu1875 said:
It all about waiting for the ball.

First off you want to take the ball as low as possible. That means if possible take it on the half volley or even take a touch and then hit it if you have the time. Goals like Zinedine Zidane's champions league final goal are all but impossible for us mortals, volleying a ball above knee height is a very hard skill.

Second wait until the ball is under your knee. I know you don't always have the time to take the ball where you want it, but if you take it out in front of you you're not going to keep it down in a million years. Likewise if you take it to the side of you, you'll struggle for direction.

But really the best advice is that if you can avoid it, don't hit a volley. Take a touch then hit it. I know when the ball lobs up in front of you 30 yars from goal its one of the hardest things in the world to not swing your leg at it as hard as humanly possible, but really hitting a ball off the ground or on the half volley is a much easier skill.

Perfect, you summed it up in one post :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for advices :happy: :)

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
And don't forget Concentration :)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
swing down on the ball like an ax like ur chpping it

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
I reccomend looking out for this. It's very useful and we help you on your volleys.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Assim said:
And don't forget Concentration :)
Of course :cool: Yesterday we played match, I didn't have chance to volley shot, but I think there will be some of them. Such shots and goals looks always nice :)
Il_Capitano! said:
we accept ONLY visa cards :shades: :finger:
:howler: ;)
Canbek said:
I reccomend looking out for this. It's very useful and we help you on your volleys.
Bit commercial but anyway good website :thmbup: :)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
soft taps off air-borne crosses id meet with the inside of my foot. but if you want to pummel the ball nice and straight, smack that ball right where the outside of your foot meets your ankle... just learn to manage the massive curve youll be getting off it...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
and in terms of where youre hitting it in the air, like someone said, below the need is volley. anything higher id say sweep the ball or give it a nice scissor/bicycle.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Always aim low and don't try to kill it. A good way to keep a volley down is to make sure you get your knee over the ball.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts