Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just basic ideas
1. No referee affiliated with a team should referee in the teams game

2. No referee from the same district should referee a team

3. Alternate to it import referee's from other countries, or do some exchange

Our referee's are only good when they referee outside of the country,
it hurts the small teams because the majority of the fans and referees are affiliated to one of the top three teams.
They stop the lottery to named the best referees for particular games, why not named the best referee for the Benfica vs Sporting, and the referee should been Lucilio Baptista.

·
Administrator
24,843 Posts
i absolutely agree with you on point one...anyone could see it wouldnt work when proença was chosen...though i must say i never thought it would go as far it did:rolleyes:

anyways this isnt new, and even sporting had similar problems in the past with victor pereira....so i really dont understand how they keep on doing it

as for point 2...well i think district of residence , is not that important really, specially if we are talking about superleague games....
i mean.....what happens in the end is that any referree with the ambition to officiate any relevant game, will chose to live in santarem, setubal or leiria, instead of lisboa. or in braga, or coimbra, instead of porto.

as for point 3 i totally disagree....i think its very degrading for our football as a all to have to import refs...its assuming our unability in forming referees and managing their activity. we must deal with the problem ourselves and find an internal solution, not hide the problem and postpone an effective solution

but no doubt something has to be done...i dont know where the problem lies, but no doubt its about time refs stop getting away with bad officiatings like they do.
i mean....not only they make mistakes, which is human ok, but also they always talk arrogant , denying the facts and acting as if they are untouchable lol

and lets not forget.....clubs lose tons of money out of these "mistakes", not to mention the fact that u get the feeling that "crime pays", and that only pushes the fans away from the stadiums and degrades the sport itself

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
More important than the quality of our referees is the mentality of the players. Any player who deliberately took a dive to simulate a penalty should be banned from 1 to 5 games.

·
Administrator
24,843 Posts
o_bEnFiQuIsTa said:
More important than the quality of our referees is the mentality of the players. Any player who deliberately took a dive to simulate a penalty should be banned from 1 to 5 games.
agreed...though its also media mentality to change....cause they love praising a player who "gets" a fake penalty, free kick etc...they say he has a sense of opportunity:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts