Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is true that we are the biggest forum in the English section but I still feel that we need some more activity and fans here. I know we discussed it in the past and some of us regulars have been trying to contribute more but the fact remains, we have to get more Reds in. There are only a few of us who visit the forum on a daily basis (paw, Mindy, Razor, Bosh, me just to name a few) and I have to say that going to the Koptalk forum makes me jelous of their quality and quantity. We are only a day away of our first quarter final match in the CL and yet there's such a small activity going on in the last days here. So, what do we do? how to get more fans and bring this forum to the attention of more Liverpool fans? Any ideas?

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I remember the times when AE, Button, utopia, Zico, Birdie, Mr Fowler would come in here diligently and I need more than one hour each day to scan through the Liverpool forum. Now, it takes me no more than 5 minutes to come in and walk out.

Perhaps, we could talk to them and ask them to return. It is so ironic that in our most successful League run in 12 years, we have lesser and lesser fans joining us in this historic (simply cos it had been 12 years) championship run-in.

Sad.

paw:(

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but that is natural i guess, people have their private lives to take care of. I for one know that Mr Fowler is a student and I dunno what about utopia and Button but they surely have plenty of things on their mind as well. Other forums lost 'regulars' the same way, it is natural but a forum of a club like Liverpool should have much more fans posting here, so we won't have to depended on this or another fan. Look at the Inter forum for example, their club without desrespecting, is not any bigger or more successful then Liverpool, yet they have many fans posting there all day long (although they do well this year their forum always was successful, even last year...). We used to cooperate with LFC-Net but Lestor is gone and so is his website, perhaps we need to find a new LFC website to cooperate with? (meaning our forum will appear on the main page under 'forum' for example. If we do this with a popular LFC website it could attract many new guys). I can talk with Razor and start looking for Liverpool websites without a forum, and if we find one we can contact the owner, invite him to participate in the forum and ask him to join socceralliance and so forth...you got what I mean. ;)

Just one suggestion. :angel:

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I understand what you mean... I didn't know that we were linked to some outside website and they provided some of the traffic. We can look into that, and I will try to look into that as well. There are some Liverpool websites set up by some Singaporeans and I will see if they are worthy enough to be in here, with Soccer Alliance.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Since you mentioned me, I'd like to comment on it. There are some other forums in which I participate, too and very often I just came here on Fridays to do my predictions. Not to forget that I had to learn for school (but I have holidays since last week, so it is no real excuse). And as you mentioned, it is not so active anyway, which is another reason why there aren't so many new posts.
I think it is a good idea to cooperate with a LFC website.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
I have to think of something!!!!
sigh......
:( :(

·
Registered
619 Posts
Well, just to let you know how I discovered this website. I was posting on the Roma addicts website last year during our UEFA Cup clash and I met Mr Fowler on there who told me about this place. Obviously, as a Liverpool fan I was delighted to join, but until I was informed of your existence, I was completely unaware of you. We need to advertize more broadly where there might be potential Liverpool fans. Also, promises of free booze and loose women would encourage new members. You can always renege on them later claiming something in the small print :D

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I agree

I even have a slogan for you

"The Liverpool Forum at xtratime - where it's Giro day, everyday!"

It's bound to be a hit

Give it a go

Twats

;)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
pool said:
Well, just to let you know how I discovered this website. I was posting on the Roma addicts website last year during our UEFA Cup clash and I met Mr Fowler on there who told me about this place. Obviously, as a Liverpool fan I was delighted to join, but until I was informed of your existence, I was completely unaware of you. We need to advertize more broadly where there might be potential Liverpool fans. Also, promises of free booze and loose women would encourage new members. You can always renege on them later claiming something in the small print :D
did I actually tell you about it? don't remember that. I actually found my way here from that board aswell.

perhapse an ad at the world cup final would do the trick;)

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I told Utopia and Razor that I will be back, otherwise Razor will kill me! :D

Now I have to work from 10am to 7pm then 10pm to 2am... so where have I got time to come. I will come and post something if I am free...

Advertise this site will be a good idea. Since Liverpool won so much cups last season, it is not hard for ppl to remember "Liverpool" when they talk about football. What we need... Mmmm.. probably, is to find some sites that will allow one of us to write something (like Kok Wee... :D ), I think I said it long long time ago that Mindscape is the man to do that and mean while, he can advertise the site in his articles...

Yeah! :tongue:

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
I would be flattered, provided if you can get the contacts.
But seriously, many of us are equally capable of doing as good a job if not better.
Mr Fowler, Paw, Razor, Raanan, Utopia, Liverbird etc etc

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yeah, we could change it to "The club that keeps beating United" forum. The only problem is that we are no longer the only team who can lay claim to that title. Even bloody Middlesboro could claim it:D

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Good one pool.:D We need this kinda humour in the morning to cheer everyone up. :D

paw;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
It is true that we are the biggest forum in the English section but I still feel that we need some more activity and fans here.
Perhaps you can stop jumping down peoples throats when they have the audacity to criticise the criticisms of so called Liverpool "supporters"!;)
There does seem to be a culture of elitism at this forum which, I believe, stifles debate and makes for a dull, cliche-ridden experience.:eek:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Rocky Starr said:

Perhaps you can stop jumping down peoples throats when they have the audacity to criticise the criticisms of so called Liverpool "supporters"!;)
There does seem to be a culture of elitism at this forum which, I believe, stifles debate and makes for a dull, cliche-ridden experience.:eek:
Fully agree

Let me be the starter of the revolution

You lot are glory-hunting, boring, anoraks!

Hope this helps

;)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Rocky Starr said:

Attack the arguments, but do not attack the person. When it gets personal, it goes too far.

Sometimes we have to agree to disagree.

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Well......I am back. But we all know that I will probably disappear again:( I just can't help it ya know:depress: Internet is expensive in here and my university classes have started. From July 2001 to February this year, I had absolutely nothing to do and that was the time I got close to this wonderful place. But dreamy days are over. I have entered an university which is famous for pressurizing it's students to death:rolleyes: Though football is my life, it's often the last thing on my mind nowadays. But still I will try to contribute my 2 cents whenever possible. As for the association with a LFC site thingy......I am totally with it:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts