Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know this is XTPL Cup weekend and I forgot to mention a few things. First of all the matches can be decided on penalties, so if say Quetzalcoatl got 19 points and Ghostworld 17 points, they would both be on 0-0 at FT. But due to the points advantage Quetzalcoatl has he wins on penalties. This is in line with what JA did for the XTLiga.

Something that struck me was that we have yet to determine a solution if both players score equally on points in a match. Say for example both get 19-19 points yielding a 0-0 scoreline. How do we determine the winner, its a single leg match up remember. We need to at all costs avoid a replay and such so we need a solution. I suggest we tell every manager to state a captain, if points are equal the maanger who's designated captain has the higher points is deemed the winner. It is a bit random, but right now I'm a bit perplexed at finding a workable, balanced initiative.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I agree with the penalties option, that worked well in the Copa del JA, so I see no reason to change it.

With regards to the captaincy thing, I agree again, but lets have it designated as penalty takers, so they can be the "sudden death" takers if the scores are level after penalties ;) It will be random still, but at least be slightly authentic. I also suggest the not only do players select one, but select an order of all 11 players, just in case both are on equal scores. We need a definite close of play, we can't just select one "captain", in case they're both on equal points.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts