Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We boast of a massive five star stadium, and yet in more than half our home matches this season we haven't even filled half the stadium.

Isn't it simple logic to slash the ticket prices now since everyone is priced out?

Look at the prices for our next home match against Gaziantep. :yuck:

Fenerium Alt B - F Blok: 165,00 TL
Fenerium Alt C - E Blok: 195,00 TL
Fenerium Alt D Blok: 265,00 TL
Fenerium Alt G Blok: 132,00 TL
Fenerium Üst Tribun H-I Blok: 66,00 TL
Fenerium Üst Tribün C-D-F-G Blok: 88,00 TL
Migros: 22,00 TL
Türk Telekom: 22,00 TL

I mean if it were me i'd probably buy a ticket in the H-I block.

Does anyone have price figures for stadium when we used to fill it up by 45-50,000 every week? Must be about two to four seasons ago.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Official stats I have from this season:

Fenerbahce v Twente: 36,000
Fenerbahce v Steaua: 28,000
Fenerbahce v Tiraspol: 15,000
Fenerbahce v Lille: 48,000

But these stats are just flattering because in the league we always average about 15 to 20,000. I mean I think Besiktas, Bursa and Eskisehir fill more than us.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
I have an idea, provide the fans with an entertaining team that plays good football and the fans will show. but who knows if we will ever see that.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
The fans not showing up would send a bigger message to this club and the board. Right now its as if the fans will show up no matter how horrible we're playing. It's not a bad thing obviously, im not saying they shouldn't show up because the team doesn't deserve the support, but a message has to be sent. Maybe not show up for one game collectively and then go back to the way it was after.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
The fans not showing up would send a bigger message to this club and the board. Right now its as if the fans will show up no matter how horrible we're playing. It's not a bad thing obviously, im not saying they shouldn't show up because the team doesn't deserve the support, but a message has to be sent. Maybe not show up for one game collectively and then go back to the way it was after.
The best message would be to fill out the stadium against Antep, and have all fans turn their backs to the pitch for the first 20 pitches in complete silence

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
1. I think the board are just playing straight supply and demand to maximize their revenue. Even if they jack up their prices, they are getting enough to pay for tickets that they're still making more money than a couple seasons ago when ticket prices were lower and many more showed up for run-of-the-mill league matches.

2. I still wonder how many people get free tickets from the club? I think enough would take them that the board would use that to squash any attempt to boycott a match. The board would still say "look at how many people showed up...there was no boycott"

That being said, I'd be all for a boycott to get a message across.

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
You can aim for numbers or you can aim for revenue, the board clearly aims for the latter. As long as ~30,000 season tickets are sold, that's really all that matters for them.

Other teams may get similar numbers but they also sell their tickets (one off or seasonal) at much lower prices.

If they slightly lowered the ticket prices and if the team on the pitch didn't play for 0-0 draws at home, they'd get much better crowd figures.

P.S - the stadium is 4 star isn't it?

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Yeah and in all seriousness when you lower prices you attract fans that you might not necessarily want to attend the match. Fenerbahce prides itself on providing a safe and family friendly environment for its fans. If too many kiros start attending, other fans (the fans that spend on merchandise etc.) will stop.

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
They can't get rid of those fans and don't want to either, look at the prices for the Migros and Türk Telekom stands.

That's where they all sit, and a lot of them don't even pay that much for their tickets.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can aim for numbers or you can aim for revenue, the board clearly aims for the latter. As long as ~30,000 season tickets are sold, that's really all that matters for them.
Even so, it is very ridiculous because we have filled in our stadium by that 30,000 figure probably five to six times this season. Im just moaning it just seems that our Fenerbahce culture is dying out painfully. I agree that if we want to protest then we could do it by not attending but I haven't heard much in the news or forums.

I don't really know much business logic but surely if the ticket prices were reduced by 40% then we could probably even sell out every match and make more money.

Besides, I hear that Aziz may consider retiring this season.

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
That's true as well.

You know though, it wouldn't be hard to offer deals like if a guy brings his girlfriend to the game she gets in at half price, or two adults get two children free (or other family options) etc., to not only boost numbers but keep the right atmosphere as well.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Sending message? :howler:

I think 'fans' just don't give a shit because Fener is playing poor.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
The best message would be to fill out the stadium against Antep, and have all fans turn their backs to the pitch for the first 20 pitches in complete silence
I was going to say something similar but my approach would be more hostile. :D Good idea though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts