Xtratime Community banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Report: Coppa Italia on June 12-13
Football Italia

It’s reported that the Coppa Italia semi-finals have been set with Juventus-Milan on June 12 and Napoli-Inter on June 13, ahead of the Final on June 17.

The first legs of these semi-finals were already played in February, ending Milan 1-1 Juventus and Inter 0-1 Napoli.

With the Final in Rome on June 17, the clubs were concerned that there wasn’t enough time between the matches to get ready, especially after three months of lockdown.

According to Sky Sport Italia, the Government has accepted a request from the Lega Serie A to move the semi-finals forward, so on June 12 and 13 rather than 13 and 14.

It’s believed Juventus-Milan will be the first Italian football back after the lockdown in Turin on Friday June 12.

Then Napoli host Inter on Saturday June 13, leaving room ahead of the Final on June 17.
Serie A is due to resume from June 20.

---

'Inter should forfeit Napoli tie'
Football Italia

Ex-Inter general manager Ernesto Paolillo claims ‘I wouldn’t even name a team’ if the Nerazzurri’s Coppa Italia tie against Napoli goes ahead on June 13.

Multiple sources including Corriere dello Sport and Sport Mediaset report Inter are unhappy with the decision to schedule their semi-final second leg a day after Juventus and Milan face off in Turin.

Their alleged frustrations stem from the fact they are playing Sampdoria just seven days later, in one of the first four Serie A fixtures to take place as part of the season’s restart.

When asked whether Inter should field their youth players against Napoli, Paolillo advised his former club to go even further.

“Naming Primavera players would be offensive,” he told Radio Punto Nuovo.

“I wouldn’t even name a team, period, which would have a completely different effect.
“Italian football needs a shock like that to reform itself.”

---

I disagree with Paolillo.

Although I do agree that the 2 Coppa semis games should be played in the same day to make sure of fairness.

The Coppa game at Napoli isn't just important because it's the semis of the Cup, but because it would prepare us for the Samp game, which is an advantage over Samp who would be playing their first competitive game in months.

A 4 day gap between semi and final is not a big issue, we normally play CL matches 3-4 days after league games.

Take the semis seriously and stop talking.

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Haha

Yes, she'll be a football widow for the next month Ahmed.

But I'm really not looking forward to the games. Empty stadiums, unfit players.... Juve-Inter back in March was really like watching a summer friendly.

We will either benefit from our depth or struggle due to form/fitness/lack of motivation (Lautaro wants to leave, Godin probably as well, apparently 4 or 5 players have 'fitness problems')

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Report: Coppa Italia on June 12-13
Football Italia

It’s reported that the Coppa Italia semi-finals have been set with Juventus-Milan on June 12 and Napoli-Inter on June 13, ahead of the Final on June 17.

The first legs of these semi-finals were already played in February, ending Milan 1-1 Juventus and Inter 0-1 Napoli.

With the Final in Rome on June 17, the clubs were concerned that there wasn’t enough time between the matches to get ready, especially after three months of lockdown.

According to Sky Sport Italia, the Government has accepted a request from the Lega Serie A to move the semi-finals forward, so on June 12 and 13 rather than 13 and 14.

It’s believed Juventus-Milan will be the first Italian football back after the lockdown in Turin on Friday June 12.

Then Napoli host Inter on Saturday June 13, leaving room ahead of the Final on June 17.
Serie A is due to resume from June 20.

---

'Inter should forfeit Napoli tie'
Football Italia

Ex-Inter general manager Ernesto Paolillo claims ‘I wouldn’t even name a team’ if the Nerazzurri’s Coppa Italia tie against Napoli goes ahead on June 13.

Multiple sources including Corriere dello Sport and Sport Mediaset report Inter are unhappy with the decision to schedule their semi-final second leg a day after Juventus and Milan face off in Turin.

Their alleged frustrations stem from the fact they are playing Sampdoria just seven days later, in one of the first four Serie A fixtures to take place as part of the season’s restart.

When asked whether Inter should field their youth players against Napoli, Paolillo advised his former club to go even further.

“Naming Primavera players would be offensive,” he told Radio Punto Nuovo.

“I wouldn’t even name a team, period, which would have a completely different effect.
“Italian football needs a shock like that to reform itself.”

---

I disagree with Paolillo.

Although I do agree that the 2 Coppa semis games should be played in the same day to make sure of fairness.

The Coppa game at Napoli isn't just important because it's the semis of the Cup, but because it would prepare us for the Samp game, which is an advantage over Samp who would be playing their first competitive game in months.

A 4 day gap between semi and final is not a big issue, we normally play CL matches 3-4 days after league games.

Take the semis seriously and stop talking.
Yeah, I honestly don't get what the fuss is.

The players have had 3 months' rest FFS.

How does it matter if Juve play a day earlier?? We still have SEVEN days to preparr for Sampdoria FFS

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
I think the issue is juve/Milan having a day rest more than Napoli/Inter before the Coppa final.

But like you said, players already rested too long for 1 day to matter much if at all.

We need to beat Napoli first then we can think of a final, Napoli just need a home draw so they are favourites, especially as they are not doing well in Serie A and almost out of CL so Coppa would salvage something from their season.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Yup, June to July hehe.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Coppa: Semi-final dates set
Football Italia

The Coppa Italia semi-final dates have been set, with Juventus-Milan on June 12 and Napoli-Inter on June 13, then the Final on June 17.

An announcement was made by Minister for Sport Vincenzo Spadafora this evening on Facebook.

The original dates were June 13 and 14, but the Lega Serie A had requested they be brought forward by one day.

It will allow for greater recovery time ahead of the one-off Final at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome on June 17.

Serie A can then resume from June 20, with the Coppa Italia tournament completed.

The first legs were played in February, ending Milan 1-1 Juventus and Inter 0-1 Napoli.

---

Come on red do the match thread (that rhymed ha)

Logically based on first legs the final will be juve v Napoli, but hopefully it will be a Milan derby in the final instead.

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I think the issue is juve/Milan having a day rest more than Napoli/Inter before the Coppa final.

But like you said, players already rested too long for 1 day to matter much if at all.

We need to beat Napoli first then we can think of a final, Napoli just need a home draw so they are favourites, especially as they are not doing well in Serie A and almost out of CL so Coppa would salvage something from their season.
Ah OK

Yes, I would wait until beating Napoli before worrying about that. I really don't see us getting a win at San Paolo.

2 wins in 22 years there, if I remember correctly. I know one of them was back in January, but it's still a ground where we suffer.

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Ah OK

Yes, I would wait until beating Napoli before worrying about that. I really don't see us getting a win at San Paolo.

2 wins in 22 years there, if I remember correctly. I know one of them was back in January, but it's still a ground where we suffer.
2 Serie A wins there in that period yes, in 97-98 under Gigi Simoni and this season.

We did win there in Coppa 2015-2016 (Jovetic great goal and Ljajic), and knocked them out on penalties at San Paolo in Coppa 2010-2011.

·
Registered
44,712 Posts
22 seasons is stretching it since I think Napoli wasn't in Serie A for 9 of them. Still, it's a good point.

Something else to consider: Between 10/11 and this season, I think Napoli have finished above us in Serie A every time.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts