---------------Seaman---------------
------------Adams--Campbell---------
G. Neville----------------P. Neville
----------------Ince----------------
---Beckham--------------Mcmanaman---
---------------Scholes--------------
---------Shearer------Owen----------

Seaman is first-choice
Adams and Campbell are the first-choice centre-backs. Keown is another option.
Left-back is a problem position, but Phillip Neville should be the best option.
At right-back, it will be Gary Neville is the likely starter, and he links well with Manchester United team-mate David Beckham, whose superb delivery of crosses from the right will be crucial to the cause. Beckham also takes most free-kicks, although his goal tally up until now has been poor.
Ince should be th prefered midfield enforcer, providing a shield for the late forward runs of Scholes. Macmanaman would give the team flair but also defensive frailty. Up front Shearer and Owen are teh first-choice pairing, Phillips could be a useful stand-in.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I think that is how England will line up but disagree when you say that Macca will make England suffer defensively as this guy doe soo much for the team. Indeed his defence is excellent and very under-rated.

The sad thing is that P Neville is our only optio on the left. :(

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seaman

G.Neville Keown Campbell P.Neville

Beckham Scholes Wise Macca

Shearer Owen

[This message has been edited by Bez (edited 04-06-2000).]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Keegan plays 5-3-2 which turns to be 3-5-2 when attacking and that is his line up:

__________Seaman___________
_Southgate__Adams__Cambell___
G.Neville______________P.Nevile
____________Ince____________
_____Bekcham_______________
___________Scholes__________
_____Owen______Shearer_____

My line up would be:

__________Martyn___________
_Southgate__Adams__Cambell__
Gerrard_________________Barry
__________Wise_____________
_____Bekcham_______________
___________McManaman______
_____Owen______Shearer______

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AMOROSO! why in the world would you wanna but Barry up as a winger. And Becks as Central man!?!?! Do you really expect Barry and Gerrard to provide the much neaded crosses for the two strikers???

Well my lineup would be:

__________Martyn_________________
G.Neville__Keown__Adams__________
________________________Campbell_
Beckham__Scholes__Wise___________
___________________________Macca_
_________Philips__Heskey_________

Martyn as my first choice, aint much to say except that I feel much secure with him between the sticks.
Keown and Adams know each other from Arsenal, and play very well together, and thats why I pick Keown over Southgate. Gary Neville play extremely well with Becks on the right wing, and in my opinion that will be one of Englands great forces this summer. Campbell is very vertisale and can easely play the left wing position, covering for Macca, who will play a free role on the offensive left midfield. Scholes and Wise will take care of the central midfield with Wise being the hardman. Emile "Big as a house, and fast as a train" Heskey will partner upfront with Kevin "0,8 goals pr Premiershipmatch" Philips.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Gerrard and Barry play as full backs with offencive duties.Barry has a really sweet left foot for crosses and Beckham will cross as well along with Gerrard.Now if you prefer to play Mr Average and Mr Bellow Average instead of Gerrard and Barry its your choice.This is who I would play.Bekham is not exactly central,more of a wide but is definitely an able central midfielder when needed so Gerrard will have free space for some runs.

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Barry doesn´t play fullback, but more of a manmarker role, with Alan Wright as the left wide man in a 5-3-2 formation. And Gerrard I see much more as a central kind of guy.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
But both Gerrard and Barry can play those positions to very good effect. Much better than the Neville brothers!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
I'm a bit off the english football lately but my line up would be:

1.Seaman

2.Dixon 5.Adams 6.Campbell 3.P.Neville

4.Ince 11.Wise

7.Beckham 8.McManaman

10.Owen 9.Shearer

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor ate o fim.
A Corrente Jamais Sera Quebrada!
THE WORLD IS OURS

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am not sure Keagan favors 4-4-2 formation. England has not played 4-4-2 with Hoddle and the only decent displays with Keagan were against Argentina and Ukrain - both 3-5-2. Maybe he just wants his opposition to be guessing. With Neville brothers being so clumbsy in defence I would rather go with three good centeral defenders than with two. I also think that 3-5-2 will be better for England for controlling the midfield.

My line-up would be

Martin (Keagan will start with Seaman though)
-----Keow --Adams--Campbell-----
Beckham--------------------Wise/Barmby
-------Scholes--Ince--Macca----
----------Shearer--Owen----------

------------------

1 - 11 of 11 Posts