Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throughout the first 7 months of the season, these two players were probably criticised more than anybody else at Real Madrid for failing to deliver.

Now, with the title race hotting up, they are putting in some superb performances and are basically carrying this team on their backs.

Ronaldo can still win Pichichi. :D

Beckham is just awesome.

:proud: :proud: :proud:

I am sure they will be our best players right until the end of the season and ensure we win every game.

PS- I haven't mentioned Casillas simply because we're running out of superlatives for him. :D

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
How fickle Real Madrid fans are, next time Beckham has a bad game you will all be getting on his back again

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SM ONLINE said:
How fickle Real Madrid fans are, next time Beckham has a bad game you will all be getting on his back again
I hope you're not addressing this to me.

If you bother to read the Real Madrid Forum, you'll notice how me (and El Mariachi) are probably the only two people on here who have been defending Beckham through his hard times.

:rollani:

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
Fickle seems to be the most seeming word to describe Real Madrid fans, but unlike them El Fenómeno and myself believe in supporting our players through the toughest times and through the roughest moments for no one can underestimate their performances when they are on full-form and on full-throttle ... so what I am simply implying is that never generalize a “Madridista” .. well of-course there are the tediously negative and monotonous pessimists and there are the “true” Madridistas; and true “Madridistas” support the club and especially the players to the last for that is all we can do as mere voice and observers or spectators ... thanks for bringing this up though; for it gives me a straightforward reason to post.

El Mariachi says: "Hala Madrid!!"

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Beckham for captain ;)

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Fickle seems to be the most seeming word to describe Real Madrid fans, but unlike them El Fenómeno and myself believe in supporting our players through the toughest times and through the roughest moments for no one can underestimate their performances when they are on full-form and on full-throttle ... so what I am simply implying is that never generalize a “Madridista” .. well of-course there are the tediously negative and monotonous pessimists and there are the “true” Madridistas; and true “Madridistas” support the club and especially the players to the last for that is all we can do as mere voice and observers or spectators ... thanks for bringing this up though; for it gives me a straightforward reason to post.
what are you talking about?

Listen El Castrati,

Beckham is playing well now...but the question is how long will his form last? If he wants to earn the trust and respect from all of us...he needs to keep it up!!!

HALA MADRID!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
barracuda said:
Beckham for captain ;)
Um, that is the cue for Beckham Mania's entrance into the scene, right? :pp

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Casillas said:
Um, that is the cue for Beckham Mania's entrance into the scene, right? :pp
Yup :pp

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
El Mariachi said:
well of-course there are the tediously negative and monotonous pessimists and there are the “true” Madridistas; and true “Madridistas” support the club and especially the players to the last for that is all we can do as mere voice and observers or spectators
I have never understood this posicion, as if a player is inmune of criticism when they have stunk the place for 7 months:rollani:

El Fenomeno has stated an opinion that is widely accepted as fact. Becks was not playing well and now he is. Or would you prefer that fans continue to say that he stinks?:rollani:

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
barça said:
I have never understood this posicion, as if a player is inmune of criticism when they have stunk the place for 7 months:rollani:

El Fenomeno has stated an opinion that is widely accepted as fact. Becks was not playing well and now he is. Or would you prefer that fans continue to say that he stinks?:rollani:
The fact is though that Beckham ahsnt stunk anymore than any other Real Madrid player, its just that he's singled out when they are doing badly.

Dont you think it a bit strange that his sudden increase in form has started from being played in his more natural position, a point that a lot of EPL fans have made when everyone has been slaughtering him as a dm?

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Nico said:
The fact is though that Beckham ahsnt stunk anymore than any other Real Madrid player, its just that he's singled out when they are doing badly.
Figo fans think that Figo is the one being bashed the most, Zizou fans think that Zidane is the one, Ronnie fans think that it is fatnaldo, Samuel fans beileve is the picket fence himself, and Becks fans think that it is Becks:rollani: Look it up, its true.

Nico said:
Dont you think it a bit strange that his sudden increase in form has started from being played in his more natural position, a point that a lot of EPL fans have made when everyone has been slaughtering him as a dm?
This is another one that makes me go:googly: The guy started last year kicking rear in a new supposedly not natural position but of course that never gets into the consideration now. The "normal" reason given is that he is back to his natural position. Never mind that when he got to Madrid he himslef was happy to be playing in the middle. I don't know why his form is better now than before, but even Beckham Mania doesn't believe thats the reason.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I also saw some bad games from him on the right

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
beckham only played 1 or 2 good games this season, don't see what is all the fuss about...
he is still an average player who should play for a mid table EPL team and not for real madrid.
he can not dribble, he can pass the ball unless he has a 3 meter safe zone around him, he can not tackle good enough to be consider as a DM, he breaks easily under pressure from weak opponets players.
He can how ever, run all the game (the guy probably has the best stamina in our team together with raul), he can shoot good free kicks from time to time, good corners from time to time, and wheh he is not underpressure he can give great long balls or aerial passes.

now, between that and telling that he and ronaldo are carrying the team there is a huge gap.
without mentioning casillas, without any doubt gravy is the player who affected real madrid the most in the 2nd half of this season, after him, the players that carry the team are helguera and salgado (phisically) and raul (mentaly).

beckham, is the best player in taking photographs after someone else scored a goal.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Sagyv give him a break huh ? ;)

we all know what ability Beckham has(or lacks) but he's playing well and should be given credit for it along with the rest of team.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
3ksnd said:
Sagyv give him a break huh ? ;)

we all know what ability Beckham has(or lacks) but he's playing well and should be given credit for it along with the rest of team.
hey, i wrote he had some good games, didn't i? that is a big "break" from my point of view...

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
i stil hate becks.. his type of footie needs to go back to england

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Ronaldo's goals is the only thing that keeps you alive... when he's on fire, Madrid is a dangerous team, if not, Madrid is nothing.

Beckham... he did two good matches and that's all. Beckham is just a decent player who wants to be treated as a mega-star. He's not carrying anything, IMO.

Nowadays, Madrid is Ronaldo, Casillas and a bit of pride.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts