Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys reckon Julio Baptista is back to his useless condition on a footie pitch? I never saw him play much in Sevilla..... ut his football nowadays is even worst than what he played in Sao Paulo

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
org said:
he will play good again, just like he did in Sevilla.
If he is ever going to be a starter every week in Madrid, then I think we can make such an assumption. Until, now he needs more minutes to prove his worth and I don't think that giving him a couple of minutes here and their is going to make him any better...

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I think Julio Baptista is a quality player actually, probably because I'm a Brit and appreciate his strong style :)

I basically feel he's been a victim of Real's shambolic organisation in recent times. Playing as a left-mid under Luxemburgo... what was that about? In my mind Julio Baptista is a centre forward and nothing else. Until he gets a run of games in that position (which of course he won't at Madrid) then it's unfair to judge him in my opinion.

And he should definitely have gone to Arsenal.

·
Registered
782 Posts
FC Barcelona9 said:
If he is ever going to be a starter every week in Madrid, then I think we can make such an assumption. Until, now he needs more minutes to prove his worth and I don't think that giving him a couple of minutes here and their is going to make him any better...
he has been playing really good today, but i agree with u, he needs more time. I like him as a player is just Madrid has screwed him with his positioning.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
why did he join Real again?? too many players fighting for positions...its not fair to judge him when this happens.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
At the most I'd offer a direct swap for a pogoball... And still, I think Madrid would run out with a steal.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he should have joined the Arsenal, we had a clear plan for him rather than just buy him for the sake of it.

his power would have been more useful in EPL football as well.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Bocha said:
In my mind Julio Baptista is a centre forward and nothing else.
Errm he actually played a couple of consecutive games there and he scored.....nothing.

In Sevilla I think he played mostly as a support striker that ran into the penalty box when the ball was in the wing and headed in most goals. He also was penalty taker there and that's another reason why he scored so many goals.

Madrid seemingly didn't even know who they signed considering how much they payed and how they have used him.

In the end though the guy is simply not good enough to play for a big club IMO.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
CUG said:
why did he join Real again?? too many players fighting for positions...its not fair to judge him when this happens.
Just imagine that you were in his shoes when Real tried to sign him from Sevilla, you move from Sevilla to a much bigger team with a wide fan base and a well recognized club around the entire globe. Will you just refuse to go because you feel like you are just going to warm the bench? or just take more money and try to prove to the manager that you are worthy of being picked every week in the starting eleven?

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
victorvaldes.1. said:
i think based on his days in sevilla, hes a very good player...maybe not suited to be lil fish in a big pond
Nah, I agree with you on the point that he was a great player with Sevilla. But, I believe that he is the right guy at the wrong time. I mean Real are suffering alot at the moment, he would have been a great addition to Barcelona because he is a versatile player and can play in alot of different positions. If he moved to Madrid at a different time, I believe that he would have been able to deliver and perform the same way he did with Sevilla.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
From my neutral view, if he wants a real professional football which demands more hardwork with less pressure from fans but less spotlight and publication stuffs, he should have gone to Arsenal. But I agree with FCB9, move to Real is great opportunity for any player and what in their mind is to grab it first before knowing about next. It's normal thing for human to do that. Besides, Lux was the coach at that time and more Brazillian in the club to get him 'home' feeling.

I think Wenger didn't plan him to be replacement of Vieira, but more of the role Adebayor filled out for us recently, as strong ball controller and good in air player, which suits him very well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts