Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know its annoying to read people say "Oh thats £100m! I'd sell Kaka straight away and buy 100 new Kaka's!".

Ah thats trash.

In reality who could you get for £100m thats better than Kaka? Fine some of you will argue Messi, C. Ronaldo are better than Kaka, sign them. Would these players leave their club though?

So I'd just like to ask, how much would/should Inter sell Zlatan for? Man Utd for Ronaldo? Barcelona for Messi (imagine he has no clause)? Liverpool for Torres? Arsenal for Cesc? Real Madrid for Higuain?

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Is Higuain Real Madrids best player???

Anyways, the amount Kaka was being offered was ludicrous, just imagine how many good young upcoming talents your team could have bought to strengthen the team with the 100million

No player is worth that amount....Messi maybe being the costliest valued @ 55/60 million.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
my estimates for the above players cost- (an educated guess)

Kaka- 100 million
C Ron- 80 million
Zlatan- 70 million
Cesc- 50 million
Torres- 60 million
Messi- 150 million- the only one out of this list who i am really sure will not leave his club- i see him playing at barca forever, not sure why

Higuain- 40 million- good player but not on the level of the above- im probably going to get slaughtered by the RM fans, but i think they would swap him for benzema in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Is Higuain Real Madrids best player???

Anyways, the amount Kaka was being offered was ludicrous, just imagine how many good young upcoming talents your team could have bought to strengthen the team with the 100million

No player is worth that amount....Messi maybe being the costliest valued @ 55/60 million.

messi is worth far more than 55 milion- but as i say he is untransferable

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
You might not get a single particular player that's better than Kaka, but he's not so good as to be completely untouchable. A team with 4 players who are in the top 5 in their position would be better than a team with the world's best player, surrounded by a bunch of average players (not suggesting that Milan are a team full of average players). My point is that in a team, it doesn't make a massive amount of difference if you have the best player in the world, or the 5th best player in the world. Nobody is that much better than everyone else.

Having said that, nobody could offer Man City any meaningful amount of money, really. I would say they'd have to offer us enough money to buy someone better than our best player. But then we'd have no problem buying that player and hanging on to any players we already had. So unless a players wants to need, I don't think we'd need to accept any bids for our best players.

·
Scudetto
23,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See thats also another point of mine.

You say if Kaka is sold for £100m, you can buy other top players. But then mali will only sell Benzema for £100m, so how is that money good for anything? :confused:

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
You might not get a single particular player that's better than Kaka, but he's not so good as to be completely untouchable. A team with 4 players who are in the top 5 in their position would be better than a team with the world's best player, surrounded by a bunch of average players (not suggesting that Milan are a team full of average players). My point is that in a team, it doesn't make a massive amount of difference if you have the best player in the world, or the 5th best player in the world. Nobody is that much better than everyone else.

Having said that, nobody could offer Man City any meaningful amount of money, really. I would say they'd have to offer us enough money to buy someone better than our best player. But then we'd have no problem buying that player and hanging on to any players we already had. So unless a players wants to need, I don't think we'd need to accept any bids for our best players.
Agreed, the only thing that will make us sell a player is if he's either not good enough anymore (Vassell, Ben Haim), or wants to leave.

I'd say we'd want at least 20m for Ireland. Last season he'd have been worth less, but now when you see Carrick go for 17m, Ireland is worth way more.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
You know its annoying to read people say "Oh thats £100m! I'd sell Kaka straight away and buy 100 new Kaka's!".

Ah thats trash.

Real Madrid for Higuain?
Haha, love the Pipa Higuain part.

Anyway, Kaka for 100M pounds is a **** load, even with the low value of the pound.

You may not be able to get someone as good as Kaka, thats probably true. But if you just step aside and realize that you can get Carlos Tevez for 40M euros or less, and realize you could get about 3 players of that quality for that amount (if all you want is players by name), then, if I had to make the decision, I would do it with my eyes closed.

But in our case, the money would be used to settle financial difficulties, so we wouldn't see anyone new, which is why I think that for us milan fans the club keeps Kaka.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Yeah but then there still will be the question will they succeed in the new club or in the new league ?
A certain Quaresma for example. And you still have to break the bank to get the really good ones.

Also a player of Messi´s, Kaka´s or Ronaldo´s level will affect the team more than those almost world-beaters will. You sell your star player when he is broken or wants to leave, not to make money.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
It was ludicrous for Milan to turn down 100 million euros.

Here are players who could take Kaka's place:

Benzema: 45-50
Villa: 45-50
Tevez: 25-35
Cassano: 10-20
Giovinco: 10-20

So in other words, it is possible you could get Villa, Benzema, and Giovinco for the money they would recieve from a Kaka sale.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
How do you decide players price? I mean, there is no way really. It's all about the buyer. Man City has the money, so they can offer that much. I don't think ANY football player EVER is worth more than 100.000 Euro. And even that is too much, considering all the risks. But, world is stupid.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.