Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I laughed very very much, especially at the Horses face. :D

this isn't anti-Madrid but this was comedy gold. ;)

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I didn't laugh for obvious reasons, but it was a comical situation...

Their only dangerous attack of the game aswell...

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
What exactly was Guti doing or trying to do when the player strolled past him?

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Robben scores an offside goal (he wasn't offside, the offside had occurred sooner in that action)... the team goes to celebrate the goal, ref disallows the goal late when most of the team is celebrating the goal and Getafe immediatelly pass the ball forward and score a goal on the other end (in a 5 on 2 counter attack)...

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
I am still laughing :dielaugh:

El Primitivo said:
Their only dangerous attack of the game aswell...
That's not true. I've only watched the 2nd half and after the goal Getafe still had a couple of dangerous shots.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Poor Madrid was in shock after the game. I found it disgusting and unfair. I mean the offside whistle was blown too late when 8 Real players were away and Guti tying his shoe laces..

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Very funny, but also I would say it shouldnt be allowed. As said it was very late when they knew it was an offside goal which makes the quick taking of the FK very unfair. However payers like Alan Shearer, Ryan Giggs and Thierry Henry have done much worse when they have kicked the ball into the open goal while the goalkeeper sets up his wall.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
That's bullshit, I don't care what anyone says.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
The goal was hilarious, I'm still laughing at it, pure comedy! :dielaugh:
And the best thing for me was that a Valenciaplayer assisted Uche :proud:

Deano said:
Very funny, but also I would say it shouldnt be allowed. As said it was very late when they knew it was an offside goal which makes the quick taking of the FK very unfair. However payers like Alan Shearer, Ryan Giggs and Thierry Henry have done much worse when they have kicked the ball into the open goal while the goalkeeper sets up his wall.
Funny that this comes from a Roma-fan :D

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Friki said:
The goal was hilarious, I'm still laughing at it, pure comedy! :dielaugh:
And the best thing for me was that a Valenciaplayer assisted Uche :proud:

Funny that this comes from a Roma-fan :D
Why exactly?

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Deano said:
Why exactly?
Because no one takes their set pieces quicker than Roma does. It's our strategy, and it works often...and even if it didn't, I'd have no problem with this sort of thing. You can feel bad for Madrid, because in all honesty not very many teams would have reacted more prudent, but the goal was good for Getafe, no way should it have been recalled.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Cacìni said:
Because no one takes their set pieces quicker than Roma does. It's our strategy, and it works often...and even if it didn't, I'd have no problem with this sort of thing. You can feel bad for Madrid, because in all honesty not very many teams would have reacted more prudent, but the goal was good for Getafe, no way should it have been recalled.
Well as far as I know there is not much unfair in taking a quick throw in or corner kick (sometimes it works against us like yesterday we took a quick corner with no one even in the box). However I dont recall Roma ever scoring while the goalkeeper is on the other side of the goal setting up his wall. Infact I think this is totally unfair because the players have been dragged away by the ref to not allow the quick FK, while the goalkeeper thinks he has time to set up the wall and without a whistle even blown the player takes an FK and scores. IMO that is very unfair and basically a free shot at an open goal. At least on an FK so close the goal I feel the ref needs to give some acknowledgment that the FK is about to be taken.

This goal is up and down really... I mean I personally would have recalled the FK until Madrid are in some sort of position as it was the ref's fault anyway for blowing so late.

·
Registered
70,191 Posts
Deano said:
Very funny, but also I would say it shouldnt be allowed. As said it was very late when they knew it was an offside goal which makes the quick taking of the FK very unfair.
So or Real Madrid players are blind or they are just stupid. Or both things.

I don´t understand why they run to celebrate the goal while the ref and the linesman are saying it´s offside.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if it's your free-kick you should be able to take it as quick as you want, this is a fast moving sport, you don't get breaks like tennis and cricket.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
would've been even more funnier if the Getafe had missed the goal :D

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
if it's your free-kick you should be able to take it as quick as you want, this is a fast moving sport, you don't get breaks like tennis and cricket.
I agree this is true, but then I also think once the ref has dragged the players back and everyone has accepted the fact that a wall is being formed it should not be taken until the ref gives an acknowledgement by his whistle... this way everyone knows the FK will be taken, especially when its close to the goal.

Getafe's goal isnt against any kind of rules so the ref is right to allow it, but it still makes it quite unfair.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts