Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Guess they spent just as much as in 1988 (Olympic Games) where the boxing-tournament was a scandal!

Guess the Korean president's son is involved as he's facing corruption-charges at the moment...

The World Cup is dead. If we want to watch international football we might as well stick to Champions League where the referees know what they are doing!

·
Registered
39 Posts
guys,
please stop this cynicism and admit defeat to a better team. The quality of the italian and spanish sides should not even make their games against the koreans close. I mean these people have absolutely no skill and spend the better time of the game running a lot and passing the ball, and squandering the few scoring chances that come their way. If players from top european clubs cannot score 5 goals past them, they deserve to pack their bags.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Why don't we stop this scandal? Just tell Fifa to give Spain, Italy and France a fixed place in the semi-finals, no need for qualifying! :rolleyes:

When Germany DESERVEDLY get out against Korea it won't be Korea's performance, it won't be their teamplay, it won't be Germany's MISTAKES AND MISSED GOALS! NO! It'll be the referees which did that!

God help you all... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I can understand the Italian felt the ref favours the Korean, but not the Spanish, I don't think there's any thing wrong with today decisions. Infact the ref gave so many free kick in dangerous area to the Spanishs and one wonders how can they not score from them.

·
Registered
461 Posts
the refs have simply screawed up this world cup completely...i don't wanna watch any more but the only reason why i will continue to watch is because it won't be on again for another 4 years

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah, some refs have been poor in this tourny, but isn't always the case? Remember USA 94? Players get yellow card simply take a few steps more to take free kick.

This WC we have seen many great matches, I would say one of the best in my memory. (I can only go back to Mexico 86)

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
:yuck:

This is disgusting. Not the soo called corruption but the reactions here. Sure korea got lucky with the ref today, but if you know your football just a little you see these were 2 stupid decisions. But none of both called disallowed a goal directly. The ref whistled twice before he saw it waould be a goal. The second one was even an easy catch for the goallie iof he had played after the whistle. :rolleyes:

I don't get this because it is Korea they bribe refs. Germany on the other hand who were the weaker team against USA where very lucky the ref diodn't spiot a clear hands (or was it a goal already). Why is that just a mistake? :confused: :fero:

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
One thing that hasn't been pointed out (they mentioned it on the tv here) is that the missed penalty should have been taken again. The keeper came off his goal-line (about 2 foot) before it was taken. The referess was standing almost next to him, yet didn't call it.
I really don't want to believe in the conspiracies; but it's starting to look a little dodgy. I hope I'm wrong. That said, I wouldn't blame the Korean team, they are performing very nicely and deserve credit.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
gOD said:
:yuck:

This is disgusting. Not the soo called corruption but the reactions here. Sure korea got lucky with the ref today, but if you know your football just a little you see these were 2 stupid decisions. But none of both called disallowed a goal directly. The ref whistled twice before he saw it waould be a goal. The second one was even an easy catch for the goallie iof he had played after the whistle. :rolleyes:

I don't get this because it is Korea they bribe refs. Germany on the other hand who were the weaker team against USA where very lucky the ref diodn't spiot a clear hands (or was it a goal already). Why is that just a mistake? :confused: :fero:
Couldnt have said it any better.. Just because the ball went into the net doesnt mean its a "disallowed goal"..

And even funnier, remember the first "disallowed call" ? Helguera faked a foul and the linesman also raised his flag for a non-existant foul which then resulted in that "disallowed call".. What if the "disallowed goal" was counted, wouldnt it be fair to Korea ?

Or just because its Spain/Italy/Germany/Brazil its the referees/linesman nitemare if they make a mistake..

·
Registered
322 Posts
that cross from joaquim that resulted in morientes header was also in by a mile.
and the standard of refs has been sh!t,but ya can`t take take nothing away from the koreans they never give up and have played some really good football in the tournament and i`ll think they`ll do the germans as well.

·
Registered
248 Posts
all those anti asian crap that you guys are bringing are just scandalous. Why blaming your own team when you can blame the ref ? That's all i can think of when i read the sh!tloads of crap written here...
There have always been wrong ref calls, i know it sux and france suffered from those bad calls too (goals disallowed, red card for henry...) but hey our team was full of sh!t and they deserved to get canned. So face the truth, this year's WC has the weakest level i ve ever witnessed, those "great" team we ve been supporting were exhausted and unimaginative and even if they were sometimes given bad calls from the ref they simply sucked.

Who can tell me face to face that italy played brilliantly throughout this tournament ? They were already lucky to pass the first round... They were awfull and deserved their trip to home just because they came in asia with only in mind this catenaccio crap. Example : they had the game in their hand at 1-0 against Korea and though they decided to control and not to push their advantage but i am sorry it was not the ref that scored the ****!ng korean goal fellows...

But italy is not my point. Spain, GREAT spain wasn't good enough to score a single clear goal against korea and as gOD said the ref wistled before the ball get in twice so cut now the conspiracy theory stuff.

As a conclusion we will have as a world champ whether one of the ugliest team in the history of german football whether one of the most unimaginative brazil team of all time, only being held by a trio of football genius... And THAT doesn't make me happy...

Conclusion : ref suck but this is no news and we weren't so harsh on them when their bad calls were on our side (and it happened a lot for every single country). Furthermore using refs from the whole world is stupid given the fact that many of them are used to competeition that have not even the level of the french 3rd division. When FIFA will force the ref to use video things will change for all of us...
Great countries weren't really prepared to the world cup and weren't given enough time to get ready, i mean come on the champions league final was 2 weeks before the WC 1st game ! On the other hand the koreans stopped their national championship 6 months ago to get ready so ok they aren't really good and they won't be coming next year to real madrid but hey they CAN play together ! Our so called great counrties were unable to do that and relied on their fame and their tired key players already sucked up by their club (viera played 60 or 70 ****!ng games this year and some brilliant analyst said "he looked a bit tired" what a joke)...

Anyway try to get objective and stop those racist insults against our friends from asia please.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
GROW UP PEOPLE

SHOCKING. SIMPLY SHOCKING .

i never imagined anybody could stoop so low as to suggest the referees have been bribed.

magic#10 , Ianz and mr_sinister : Simply shocking. I think you guys should grow up and stop being such sore losers.

Just like i thought. Cant take defeat.So used to winning are you?

This clearly shows how little you know about football. Like JULIEN said, England, France, Spain and most of all Italy have played like crap.
They have been unimaginative and boring and have failed to capitalise on whatever little chance they had. Even Germany has been similar except that they managed to grind out results. Just becos your teams didnt have the b**** to show some spirit doesnt mean you have to point fingers at others.

I think you are all basically racist. Why else does it hurt so much to be beaten by an asian team? Grow up, kiddos.Asia and Africa are here to stay and its only a matter of time before they start eating european teams alive. We asians and Africans are no longer bunnies to be pointed at. so next time think twice before you say something like that.

I would love to say more about this but ive already been warned about my posts so ill stop here. Besides, stooping to your level is way way way way beneath my dignity.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
julien100 said:
all those anti asian crap that you guys are bringing are just scandalous. Why blaming your own team when you can blame the ref ? That's all i can think of when i read the sh!tloads of crap written here...
There have always been wrong ref calls, i know it sux and france suffered from those bad calls too (goals disallowed, red card for henry...) but hey our team was full of sh!t and they deserved to get canned. So face the truth, this year's WC has the weakest level i ve ever witnessed, those "great" team we ve been supporting were exhausted and unimaginative and even if they were sometimes given bad calls from the ref they simply sucked.

Who can tell me face to face that italy played brilliantly throughout this tournament ? They were already lucky to pass the first round... They were awfull and deserved their trip to home just because they came in asia with only in mind this catenaccio crap. Example : they had the game in their hand at 1-0 against Korea and though they decided to control and not to push their advantage but i am sorry it was not the ref that scored the ****!ng korean goal fellows...

But italy is not my point. Spain, GREAT spain wasn't good enough to score a single clear goal against korea and as gOD said the ref wistled before the ball get in twice so cut now the conspiracy theory stuff.

As a conclusion we will have as a world champ whether one of the ugliest team in the history of german football whether one of the most unimaginative brazil team of all time, only being held by a trio of football genius... And THAT doesn't make me happy...

Conclusion : ref suck but this is no news and we weren't so harsh on them when their bad calls were on our side (and it happened a lot for every single country). Furthermore using refs from the whole world is stupid given the fact that many of them are used to competeition that have not even the level of the french 3rd division. When FIFA will force the ref to use video things will change for all of us...
Great countries weren't really prepared to the world cup and weren't given enough time to get ready, i mean come on the champions league final was 2 weeks before the WC 1st game ! On the other hand the koreans stopped their national championship 6 months ago to get ready so ok they aren't really good and they won't be coming next year to real madrid but hey they CAN play together ! Our so called great counrties were unable to do that and relied on their fame and their tired key players already sucked up by their club (viera played 60 or 70 ****!ng games this year and some brilliant analyst said "he looked a bit tired" what a joke)...

Anyway try to get objective and stop those racist insults against our friends from asia please.
clap clap clap

As Teddy Bear wrote in another thread:
"I feel sorry for Korea in a way. One minute they are everyones favourite 2nd team because of their good play and the atmosphere created by their supporters, the next they are hated for their "corruption" of getting refereeing decisions going for them."

Nobody seems to stress the point that Korea does play good soccer, but noooooooooo....everything is stressed on the stupid mistakes by the referee, which I admit happen.
Did Tomassi score already in the Korea match? NO
Why can't Croatia get these allegations huh?

Guus Hiddink has put a great team together with college soccerplayers mixed with experienced players.
And look how they all blend in together..FC GUUS

They don't deserve these allegations!!!

:fero:

·
Registered
125 Posts
And don't forget the Irish tried to cheat the Spanish too (remember that Duff dive?) it just Spain through so no one talk about it.

Remember even with some "favours" the Korean were level with trhe Spaniard, it was a penalty shootout, it can go either way.

·
Registered
411 Posts
gautam said:
SHOCKING. SIMPLY SHOCKING .

i never imagined anybody could stoop so low as to suggest the referees have been bribed.

magic#10 , Ianz and mr_sinister : Simply shocking. I think you guys should grow up and stop being such sore losers.

Just like i thought. Cant take defeat.So used to winning are you?

This clearly shows how little you know about football. Like JULIEN said, England, France, Spain and most of all Italy have played like crap.
They have been unimaginative and boring and have failed to capitalise on whatever little chance they had. Even Germany has been similar except that they managed to grind out results. Just becos your teams didnt have the b**** to show some spirit doesnt mean you have to point fingers at others.

well I agree with gautam in that Spain and especially Italy must look at themseleves like all the other big teams which have
played ****ty and terrible thruout.spain today played better than Korea but after Mendieta and Enrique came into the game they were bad and struggled except for the Morientes shot onto the post.The 2nd disallowed goal would have been saved by the keeper and for the 1st goal there was definite shirt tugging and in fairness to the ref he blew up well before the headers took place.Yes the ref standard has been quite bad thruout the world cup but its been the same for all.Every team needs luck and Korea have it on their side,that dosn'' mean they are corrupt and bribing the refs.I pity all u people who try to convince urself that ur team was way superior to the Asian and african teams and only lost due to the ref.argentina could point to that dubious penalty for england but I accept that they were below par in the Cup and didn't deserve to win just because they have a superior team on paper.Secondly if I remember correctly spain in the first round got atleast one dubious penalty call ,where were all u loser people then.Just because Italy have raked up this scandal thing now all u fans of spain jump onto the whining bandwagon.I hate to say it, but there is a tinge of rascism in the way u speak about the Koreans,I can recall Amoroso calling them Doping midgets.
this is said for Spain in had luck against the Irish and what goes around comes around and today they had some ill-luck.Is that so Hard to take.
magic#10,Ianz really need to learn to lose more gracefully,I suppose this is the first time the team u support has bad calls going against them:rolleyes: Get a grip, every year we hear conspiracy theories in the Italian league who have the best refs in the world supposedly:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Why Korea Is Going So Far!

Julien100 and gautam have said it all. It's shameful behavior to cry 'scandal' at Korea's success. The Korean National Team is the most well-prepared team in this World Cup. The players fro European teams - practically 95% of all players - had TWO WEEKS' preparation before the World Cup, because of the season of monsoons in Japan and Korea, which takes place at the same period as the World Cup. So the WC was anticipated and no Euro-based team had a good preparation - including European-based Brazil and Argentina. Korea stopped their league months before the Cup, and they're collecting the results now.

Did UEFA think about that before the Cup began? Nooo, they thought their natural superiority would arise and take them to their 'rightful places'. The Korean team is killing the Euro teams because the Europeans try to defend with pressure, and that destroys their stamina for the second half. The Korean players are in perfect physical shape and don't have muscle stress, like most of the other players; there's their advantage.

And let's not forget that Spain lost on penalties. It's a lottery, right? :)

Peace.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts