Xtratime Community banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Incredible stuff, really. When Benevento finally get their first point in Serie A in week 15, it's after the keeper scores in stoppage time. Against Milan.

Classic moment in Italian football right there.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Their GK Brignoli gives them their first ever point. What a header, what drama!

·
Registered
46,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So it's over. Just ( :D ) 14 defeats on 14.
The goal scored by Brignoli is not a record but will be remembered the way the goals scored by Rampulla and Taibi are. In Italy a goal scored by a goalie is not really an ordinary fact.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Benevento have won a Serie A match and I am the first to post about it on XT so I enter history too. :D

1-0 v Chievo today, Coda the historic goalscorer from an assist by D'Alessandro (as per livescore, didn't watch them today)

D'Alessandro impressed me before.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
3-2 to Sampdoria and that makes 2 wins in a row.
Saw the goals, beautiful first and second for Benevento.

Damn, I avoided knowing the score as I was awaiting a replay :( :groan: but now I know it because of your post..

Blaming Montella for Sevilla losing is not quite fair, their defence this season sucks even before he arrived and he has been there for what, couple of weeks?

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
So Benevento enters the winter break just eight points from survival. Crotone-like comeback is still very much possible. What a story that would be!

·
Registered
46,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Revolution in January.
Armenteros out to Utrecht, Ciciretti close to Getafe, Memushaj close to Bari, Chibsah close to Frosinone.
Cheikh Diabaté and Jean Claude Billong in, Guilherme and former Spurs player Sandro (!) close. Then maybe Maksimovic and Rog from Napoli? Djuricic from Sampdoria?

·
Registered
46,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Bad news for Benevento.
Armenteros can't leave for Utrecht because he played an official game with the team reserves of Heracles Almelo before moving to Benevento and a player can't play for three different clubs in the same season according to FIFA rules.
In the meanwhile Lucioni was banned for 1 year.
The deal with Getafe wasn't sealed and Parma now try to get Ciciretti.

·
Registered
17,025 Posts
I saw a nice feature in which Sagna talks about joining this club for the love of playing football. I can't imagine he got much money out of it.

Their kits remind me of Lecce's :)

·
Registered
58,505 Posts

·
Registered
17,025 Posts
Disappointing for serie a to ruin a nice 2-2 game between Juve and Benevento with a garbage pk for Higuain. Damn shit is unwatchable

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Disappointing for serie a to ruin a nice 2-2 game between Juve and Benevento with a garbage pk for Higuain. Damn shit is unwatchable
I was at work so I didn't watch. Was the penalty a classic juve-like penalty?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts