Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've seen a significant number of Dutch soccer players testing positive for steroids...Davids, Stam, deBoer (I think), the list goes on....This is not fair! One has to take a look at the Holland-Yugoslavia match at Euro 2000 - the Dutch players were faster than cheetahs!
The reason Holland has been playing so crappy lately can probably be attributed to the fact that many of the Dutch internationals stopped taking 'roids and this has tremendous detrimental effects on an athlete's performance (speed, strength, etc.).
I'm just sick and tired of everyone accusing Romania of taking steroids at the Olympics (especially westerners), now I'm glad that justice was done with the Dutch.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Yah it also seems weird to me how one day the dutch team is a penalty kick away from making EURO2000 finals and the next day they can't even make the playoff round to get into the WC>

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hey now, your forgetting the superior footy of Ireland that helped in their downfall ;) :D

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Romire said:
Hey now, your forgetting the superior footy of Ireland that helped in their downfall ;) :D
That's right let's not take credit away from the "mighty leprechauns":D The're after my lucky charms!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You should come down to Kitchener if you catch me I'll show yee the gold at the end of the rainbow :D

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
:rollani:

Frank de Boer isn't really the example of a speedy defender or is he? It is proven that nandrolon doesn't help much and certainly not with such low measurements. There were dope-tests at EC200 too so saying that nandrolon bright them into the semi-finals is bull.
The reason why the Dtch NT didn't qualifie is the hangover of the EC2000. We we so close to the final, only our superb penalty-kick skills :rollani: stood in the way. The Dutch NT just wasn't focused during the first few matches.
Kluivert, Stam, Van Nistelrooy didn't really underachieve after the EC, or did they in you opinion?

·
Registered
25,390 Posts
P. Kluivert said:
:rollani:

Frank de Boer isn't really the example of a speedy defender or is he? It is proven that nandrolon doesn't help much and certainly not with such low measurements. There were dope-tests at EC200 too so saying that nandrolon bright them into the semi-finals is bull.
The reason why the Dtch NT didn't qualifie is the hangover of the EC2000. We we so close to the final, only our superb penalty-kick skills :rollani: stood in the way. The Dutch NT just wasn't focused during the first few matches.
Kluivert, Stam, Van Nistelrooy didn't really underachieve after the EC, or did they in you opinion?

I agree with you. I really like Holland and in EURO2000 they were the strongest teams. Too bad they don't have luck. In their qualification round for the WC2002 they were also the strongest teams (sorry Romire, but it's the truth...). Actually, Holland deserved to go to the WC much more than us, Romania, to be honest.

There are quite a few good teams that won't go to the WC, I would really like them to get together and have a tournment... Just think of it: Holland, Yugoslavia, Czech Republic, Romania, Colombia, MArocco, etc.

·
Registered
768 Posts
yeah I would like such a tournament too!

I must say I absolutely hate the Dutch NT. I hate the way they always play to the left and the right of the pitch instead of playing forward. They take the speed out of the game and boy have I seen some boring matches of them. They played class against Yugoslavia but pleeeasssssseeeee dont take the pace out of the game so much, and do NOT play to van der sar so often.

I also dislike the characters of more than 50% of the players, bunch of arrogant losers. Oh no definitelt the brothers De Boer went aborad only to get a higher level of play, a challenge for thier carreer, no WAY we're leaving for the money, and look who's playing in Scotland now... :confused:

Van Hanegem will show you what a real player should be like! :D
Go wimmmm :)

·
Registered
25,390 Posts
Holland plays a very good football. Fast, technical, aggressive.

About the players, you might be right, but we judge a team according its performance, not according to its players' smile...right? :)

The one million of dollars question: If Holland an Yugoslavia played together, with which team would our beloved Montenegrina cheer? :D

·
Registered
768 Posts
HeY I already admitted they totally crushed Yugo then.. they were really good. :mad: :D

Lupi, I have been watching Dutch NT games since I could speak, that means watching the dull friendlies, qualifications, and eventually the head tournaments. Last years they have done nothing but taking the pace out of the game. They always have an awful lot of ball possesion but that's because they keep passing back to the keeper, defenders, or to the left and right of the midfield. I wish they could play more offensive. Most of you get to see them 100% only when they are playing the head tournaments, well if we go back to EC 2000 I reckon the match vs Yugo (@#%!#@% ;) ) was pure class :star:. But their group matches were pretty poor and they were lucky to get an unfair penalty to win over the Czech Rep.. Ah just get full tapes of their games, watch it, and see what I mean if you don't believe me. We're not as good as everyone thinks and we didnt qualify because we're not good enough. (I speak in the 'we' term but of course I will always support Yugo more ;) )

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
lupisor lupetto said:

I agree with you. I really like Holland and in EURO2000 they were the strongest teams. Too bad they don't have luck. In their qualification round for the WC2002 they were also the strongest teams (sorry Romire, but it's the truth...). Actually, Holland deserved to go to the WC much more than us, Romania, to be honest.
If they had been the strongest team in the group they would have at least qualified second. The strongest team in the group was Portugal, not only because they came in first but because they were consistent and found ways to win. Holland may have had a great Euro but they stumbled from being a really good team to an O.k. team. Sure Holland has a great history and some top players but buttom line they didn't get it done and Portugal and Ireland did. History, hype, having a great team on paper, potential; all these things are irrelevent if you don't do the job.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
i do think that Holland should be in the WC as well. They are gonna be the most missed in my opinion. Second most missed is prolly Romania and the Czech Rep. followed by Yugoslavia.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I think Czech Republic will be missed most. Romania and Yugoslavia did not impress me at all. Time for them to start building a winning team again. Same goes for Holland, kick out their spoilt oldies!!!!! :) It's better not to qualify than to qualify and look like a fool (which Yugo would have done I suspect)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I hope Poland doesn't look like a fool. I am really really happy they finally qualified

·
Registered
768 Posts
Kaluzny I think you guys won't look like a fool, after having missed so many big tournaments, the players will really want to show themselves off AND you have one of the best keepers, he can win matches for you! (I hope Ebi Smolarek will play for you some minutes, he's a nice guy) Anyway, good luck to your team :)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Holland boring....?

Holland always plays offensive game but their player kinda lacks personality today.

The 88 team for example with Van Basten, Raiijkard, Guulit, Koeman etc all had personality

The team now is just like buissenes men.

At least thats why dont find Holland as intresting team as they used to be ,nevertheless they got quality players .....but a bit overated.

:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts