Xtratime Community banner

How many goals will Mutu get this season?

• 6. He will not score any more.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 7. He will score one more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8. Two more.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 9-15

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • 16-20

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 20+

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's been playing OK for Chelsea but hasn't scored in 12 games despite starting 10 of those. When will he start scoring again? Gudjohnsen, Hasselbaink, Crespo and Lampard all have more goals than him this season. Mutu has only 6 while Gudjohnsen and Lampard have 7, Crespo has 8 and Hasselbaink has 9.

Mutu is a failiure and if he continues like this I hope he goes back to Romania or Italy. :yuck:

·
International
9,682 Posts
Oh please. I've seen the game myself and he was more than OK, certainly better than the team average.

You should also be counting his assists.

Mutu should get back to Italy. He could improve much more there. He moved to England just for the $$$. EPL for Romanians is :yuck: .

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
I voted 9-15.

He already has 6, I'm pretty sure he'll get another 6 by the end of the season. I think Ranieri is realizing that Mutu is a better playmaker than goalscorer...

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
David said:
Oh please. I've seen the game myself and he was more than OK, certainly better than the team average.

You should also be counting his assists.
How many? 2? Oh, I forgot about them. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who voted 20+? Come on, own up... :tongue:

·
Registered
16,438 Posts
Your timming couldn´t be worst, Raven. Now that Mutu is on a dryspell it seems obvious that he won´t score much, but if you had done this at the begining of the season we would have predicted more than 20 goals. I think that he will start scoring as soon as he gets one inside. There´s a reason why he plays every match

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Part of the problem I think is that all of Chelsea's midfield is looking for goal themselves and not necessarily to service the forwards. Lampard and Duff are as likely to try to take on the opposing defence and shoot at goal as they are to give a set up pass to one of the forwards.

In the beginning Mutu was being played as an out and out striker and receiving more balls. Lately he is playing more retracted and I often see him starting at the midline of the field. It seems like he himself doesn't know exactly what he's supposed to be doing, or Ranieri isn't exactly giving enough of a structure for the team.

In Italy he was the crux, the pivotal piece in both Verona and Parma. Most attacks went through him and so he got to both score and set up the other forward. At Chelsea he has been marginalized as everyone in the team and their grandmother wants to have a go at goal. The proverb of there being "too many cooks in the kitchen" springs to mind.

Real Madrid can make it work, but then again Zidane and Figo are a few classes above Duff and Lampard. And even with Real Madrid, it took them a bit to figure out how to play with their line-up. Also Zidane is much more of a playmaker, so he invests most time creating instead of trying to score all the time, ala Chelsea's midfield.

Anyway I am not married to these ideas, I just offer them as points of discussion :)

Having written this book, I still voted that Mutu will score 16-20 :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
I think one of the reasons he did not get too many goals is because he did not take as many free kicks as he did during his Parma days. :( Back at Parma, Adriano for the left footer, Mutu for the right footer. He got about 7 goals through free kicks alone.

At Chelski, he have Veron, JFH, Geremi and a few others to contend with. Plus the incredibly selfish Hesselbank insist on taking 90 percent of the free kicks in any position even if we all know he is past it. Too bad Mutu is not in a position to argue.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
MINDSCAPE said:
Plus the incredibly selfish Hesselbank insist on taking 90 percent of the free kicks in any position even if we all know he is past it. Too bad Mutu is not in a position to argue.
Exactly!
Mutu is a much better free-kick taker (at least he used to be!).

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Well the good thing is that he's won his place in the first line-up and sincerely I can't see anyone replacing him in the current team. And there are very few people who can replace him in Europe.

So .. wait, the goals will come,as the team's trust in him will increase.

·
Registered
25,390 Posts
eugenius said:
Well the good thing is that he's won his place in the first line-up and sincerely I can't see anyone replacing him in the current team. And there are very few people who can replace him in Europe.

So .. wait, the goals will come,as the team's trust in him will increase.

:thumbsup: that's what I think as well

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lupisor lupetto said:
:thumbsup: that's what I think as well
What I think, is that Mutu is lucky to play tonight at all. :groan:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm happy to say I was wrong.
Mutu starts with Crespo, kickoff anytime now.

V

·
0 Posts
Mutu isn't a player who lives from goals, he is also a good creator.
He makes a team also better when is doesn't score, so I think he will at least 5 more, but I think 10 is also a good possibility.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Greetings from Mikael Forssell: Mutu, keep up the good work, maybe you reach ten goals in this season! See you in Romania 18.8.04.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
nlz said:
Greetings from Mikael Forssell: Mutu, keep up the good work, maybe you reach ten goals in this season! See you in Romania 18.8.04.
How about... *friendly censorship by Lupi :) * :finger:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Uhh, here we have a man with a great sense of humour.. well at least you handle the international small talk. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
nlz said:
Uhh, here we have a man with a great sense of humour.. well at least you handle the international small talk. :thumbsup:
EDIT: Thanks, lupi. :finger:

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
nlz said:

Adrian Mutu to Mikael Forssell:

I'm sorry Mikael, but I do not know you? Are you a football fan? In that case I've received your message congratulating me on the good work and I thank you for that.
It does look like I will score more than 10 goals this season, and to show my gratitude, I will dedicate my next goal to you Mikael Forssell, my true and devoted fan!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts