Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buffon seems destined to move to a bigger club(no offence Parma fans:)) How long will he stay with Parma?

I think one more season at the most.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I dont know any bigger club than Parma in Italy.I know 6 equal to Parma but bigger no...

Buffon stays till he leaves.And that goes for every player on earth.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Milan, Inter, Juve and Lazio are all bigger, much bigger.

The only reason I bring up is because Buffon could have left already but decided to stay. It's nice to see some club loyalty from such a young player.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
hehehehehe
im not really a fan of italian football
so im neutral here
i reckon the biggest clubs are milan, inter and juve
then comes the others
lazio, roma and parma

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Guys,history and prestige wise,Juve,Milan and Inter are bigger clubs becuse they are older.Now,football wise,Parma has nothing to be jealous of apart from a scudetto,besides,which of them won a scudetto in their first 10 years in Seria A? so,Buffon is at a club with ambitions and he is not destined to move anywhere.Just explain why they are bigger football wise and why Buffon would move there?

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AMOROSO, Milan is a bigger club because it's got a bigger fan base, a bigger market, thus has more money. This is what I mean when I say "bigger" club. It's not meant as a knock against Parma, I just don't see how you can put them on the same level as a Milan.

Maybe you were thinking I meant better club, but that's not what I meant.

You jump on me when you get the chance, why?!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
No,IVO,I dont jump on you...I jump on everyone who says something without reasoning it.

Milan has more money.Granted.What do they do with it? take this summer...who exactly did you buy? Roque Junior,a player you had to take Parma's permission to buy him or else you would have to wait till the winter transfer period.You also bought a guy from Brescia named Bric or something like that who costed the fantastic fee of 1000 Euros!!! Impressed...you really use your money.

Tell me,why would Buffon want to leave?

What I see is FOOTBALL teams.On that,Parma is on the same level with Milan and the rest.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It doesn't matter how Milan spends the money at this point in time. They have the money. As for asking permission, there must have been some sort of contract or something of the sort, there could be no other reason.

Why would Buffon want to leave Parma. Same reason Veron wanted to, and the same reason Thuram wants to.(and Thuram has said this before) The allure of playing for a bigger club, and the monetary rewards would lead him to leave.

Like I said in my earlier post, I didn't mean better as far as the quality of the squads, but definately bigger. Put it this way. If they were both going for a player, and they absolutely had to have him, Milan would win hands down. I think (it's only my opinion) that more players aspire to play for clubs like Milan, than they do for clubs like Parma.

Why do you always jump on me(and yes, you do it) I'm just trying to be a nice guy:)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Thursm wants out? and he wanted out long before? well,to me he seems he isd stayting...Veron also did not want out,Parma sold him because he didnt work as Malesani wanted and because Malesani thought Ortega would do better.Stupid but anyway...IVO,let me get things right,when was the last time Parma sold a player we absoutely did not wanted to loose? ehm...let me think...no,I cant remember...can you help me?

As for players choosing Milan over Parma,yes,because current players that grow up now met the succes of Milan as kids when Parm was still at Seria C or somethin.BUT players who grow up now,that are kids now,see the success of Parma as well...so this is not going to change.Besides,both Amoroso and Appiah opted for Parma last season instead of Milan.This doesnt mean anything but there are exeptions.Players go where money goes.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess you'll your jaw will drop when Thuram leaves then. As for Veron, I distinctly remember the Parma fans booing him at Parma-Lazio. Doesn't sound like the treatment you'd give to a player who wanted to stay with the club does it?

I can't even believe we're having this arguement. Even Lazio isn't really on the level of Milan, Juve or Inter, but they're close, and much closer than Parma.

Did Parma not want to keep Crespo? The last I heard that deal was on again, Lazio got their man. Don't even try to tell me Parma didn't care to keep Crespo. The money was too good to refuse.

If we can get back to the point here, how long do you think Buffon will stay in Parma? For the majority of his career? I'd sooner pick Skonto Riga to win the CL.:p

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The Crespo deal is not done yet.Besides,even if Crespo wanted to stay (he doesnt mind staying) for this kind of offer I would sell him.As Parma did with Veron.Replace players properly and sell as many as you want.Simple as that and Juve has been doing this for years.

Do you know many former players who do not get booed by the supporters of his former team? only special occasions...

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AMOROSO! said:
Do you know many former players who do not get booed by the supporters of his former team? only special occasions...
I can give you a great example.

Dinamo played Partizan in Beograd a few season ago for CL qualifying. I'm sure there were a lot of Red Star fans there too, since it was a little more than a club match.

They were booing and whistling whenever we had possesion(as we did to them in Zagreb) but as soon as Robi got the ball, it stopped, almost immediately. That transcended the political overtones of the match.

Surely if the Serbs didn't boo Robi, than the Parma fans could have been more hospitable to Veron.

M

·
0 Posts
AMOROSO...AMOROSO...What r u talking about?? Of all people, u should know where Parma stands amongst the elite of Italian football. don't get me wrong. I got nothing against Parma but they r no way near the like of Milan, Inter and Juve. That's a fact, agree with it or don't.

PS. Is Parma in the G14 Group - the elite of European football?? Don't think so.

---------
Forza Magico Milan

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AMOROSO, nobody's disputing the quality of Parma. How could we, it's a great team. All that I said was that it wasn't a big club like Milan is. You're taking it the wrong way.

How'd you like my example? I think that one put me over the top in this arguement, you really can't argue against it:p

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Hmmm... To go into our forum and tell us that all of our stars will leave is just plain rude. Maybe so, but we do pay our players like we should. Salas would almost double his pay check if he would come. So, we have the money to keep the players. We can, and will, qualify for Champion's League this year. Perhaps even win lo Scudetto. So, we have the success to keep the players. The only thing we can't offer is a huge stadium. Instead we can offer a calm and nice city where the players can feel relaxed. And Milan is not far away either if their wifes want to go shopping. :) I personally think Inter have lost some of the glory around them.

To those who is talking about another sell out at Parma couldn't be more wrong. In recent years we have sold (only "big" names) Veron, Chiesa and Fiore. Veron wasn't very cooperative with Malesani and he wanted out. Malesani didn't feel he was worth sucking up to. Perhaps that was wrong but it's easy to make the right decisions afterwards, isn't it? Chiesa would never have accepted to be a bench player. As things turned out Amoroso was injured almost the entire season. Again, Malesani could never knew that before it happened. So, in retrospective, another bad decision. Finally there was Fiore. The guy was booed at the Tardini for some less than great, to put it mildly, performances. So, we sold him. Yes, it was the third bad decision. Perhaps even the worst decision of the three. Although it was clear that Stefano had talent it was also clear that he would never succeed wearing gialloblu. So, we didn't have the best of transfer campaigns last season. I think we have compensated that this year. But DESPITE these wrong moves AND the long term injuries to Amoroso, Boghossian and Torrissi we were very close to qualify for Champion's League. That's impressive. I think that Malesani is perhaps the best coach out there today. Capello and Lippi seems to have lost their magic touch, Trap is just past it, Ancelotti is plain boring and Eriksson is, well, dull. 4-5-1, eh? ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.