Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the base of your team for teh world cup?

I read parts of teh thread agaisnt Croatia and it seems that Pekerman is pretty lost.

Does he have an bright idea of who will he field in Germany?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
nope!!!!

the argentinian players need to be given rolesm but it seems pekerman just pus them on pitch and expects them to od magic. the players dont know what they are doing.

alot of people wanted messi roman tevez crepso in a 42-22 formation
it just didnt work as crespo keeps on drifting to side, or tevez(he can but crespo cant dribble)

playing one holding player will allow argentina to play player on left hand side and give extra option if roman needs it. every team in the world has right and left sided midfielders but not argentina.

at least the last world cup we had belief of winning and ability. this time i dont belive we can neither are capable with curetn 4mation.

i blame 4mation, tactics, then coach. but coach in charge of everything?
and tevez is not a winger tho, he is a no9 with skill.
galetti, delgado, solari messi can lay on wing. tvez and crepso cant.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carlitos in Brazil plays as a left forward. Not a # 9. He plays off Nilmar. The thing is that Crespo has no skill whatsoever to play outside the box. That is the main problem for Argentina in attack. Therefore, to play Messi and Carlitos (I think both have to play). you need to put Crespo as a centerforward. So in other words, you need to have a 3 men attack, no matter what. Then build the team from that. The way CArlitos & Messi play, Argentina has to field them above anyone else

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Carlitos in Brazil plays as a left forward. Not a # 9. He plays off Nilmar. The thing is that Crespo has no skill whatsoever to play outside the box. That is the main problem for Argentina in attack. Therefore, to play Messi and Carlitos (I think both have to play). you need to put Crespo as a centerforward. So in other words, you need to have a 3 men attack, no matter what. Then build the team from that. The way CArlitos & Messi play, Argentina has to field them above anyone else
Absolutely right. And Messi has alredy shown he can play on the right side, and how he can do it.

About players with a secure place in the starting 11 i would say Pkman has, ayala-sorin-cambiasso-riquelme-messi-crespo

Samuel- Heinze- G. Milito, will fight for the LCB position.
Zanetti- Ponzio, for the RB.
Mascherano- Lucho- Demichelis for a place in the midfield
Tevez-Aimar (and maybe Maxi Rodriguez) for the left supporting striker

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
batigold said:
Absolutely right. And Messi has alredy shown he can play on the right side, and how he can do it.

About players with a secure place in the starting 11 i would say Pkman has, ayala-sorin-cambiasso-riquelme-messi-crespo

Samuel- Heinze- G. Milito, will fight for the LCB position.
Zanetti- Ponzio, for the RB.
Mascherano- Lucho- Demichelis for a place in the midfield
Tevez-Aimar (and maybe Maxi Rodriguez) for the left supporting striker
I would play G. Milito besides Ayala, Zanetti and Sorin with Mascherano and Lucho in the midfield behind Roman and Messi. Tevez and Crespo upfront.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
I'd like to see something like this:

----------------Franco/Pato-------------

---Zanetti-------Ayala------Milito--------Heinze( If fit)

------------Lucho-------Mascherano---------

------------------Roman-------

----------Messi----------Tevez-------

---------------Crespo/Milito-----------

-Zanetti is the first choice RB. No discussions about it.

-If Heinze is fit enough for the WC then he must start. If not Sorin replaces him.
Ayala-Heinze in the center with Sorin as LB is also a very tempting option.

--Mascherano will shield the defence while Lucho will the link between the lines. A very important role to create danger upfront.

-Roman+Messi+Tevez is also a must. They can seal the outcome of the game in any moment so their presence is essential.

-Crespo or Diego Milito for the striker position.
Hard to decide because they're different styles of players.
Against attacking teams i'd play Milito as he's a perfect couter-attacker and is very effective in front of goal and Hernan should get the nod against defensive teams.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Carles

That line up is so similar to mine

I have been thinking abt it for months

Its the only logical way for Peckerman to field them

But he's such an @RSE isn't he

Zanetti Samuel Ayala Sorin/Heinze
Maschereno Cambiasso
.............Riquelme
Messi.........................Tevez
..........Crespo/Cruz

I can't see any other formation without both Tevez and Messi startin that can yield the world cup

But Peckerman is ain idiot and it has become evidently clear

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
TAZZ said:
Carles

That line up is so similar to mine

I have been thinking abt it for months

Its the only logical way for Peckerman to field them

But he's such an @RSE isn't he

Zanetti Samuel Ayala Sorin/Heinze
Maschereno Cambiasso
.............Riquelme
Messi.........................Tevez
..........Crespo/Cruz

I can't see any other formation without both Tevez and Messi startin that can yield the world cup

But Peckerman is ain idiot and it has become evidently clear
Guys, if Ayala, Sorin, Heinze and Mascherano would have been fit, they would have played the Croatia game.
I think that will be Pkman`s formation for the WC. Maybe Aimar for Tevez.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
sopel said:
which Gonzalez do you mean?
Kily Gonzalez has proved time and time again that he's fit to wear the national team shirt. No one on their right mind would say that Cristian doesn't deserve a spot on the final roster.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Loco said:
Kily Gonzalez has proved time and time again that he's fit to wear the national team shirt. No one on their right mind would say that Cristian doesn't deserve a spot on the final roster.
i agree, esp with bilos wanting to play for croatia now.
atleast im not onlyone who thibks he should go.

if u think of it u have 2 sides of spectrum.

aguero who is awesome, and is very young, talented but no national team expereince,
kily, older, 31, i admit not as good as aguero, br more expereince in national team, good at penerlties.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Loco said:
Kily Gonzalez WAS fit to wear the national team shirt. But not anymore.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Yvonne said:
Kily Gonzalez WAS fit to wear the national team shirt. But not anymore.
Agree, he has had no continuity for more than 1 season. How can we expect him to perform????
But, if he gets more continuity at Inter, and display good performances, who knows, he may have a shot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts