·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how is cerci progressing for roma i wud like to heard how this guys doin

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
well he has scored 4 goals so far this season for the primavera side in the league, he ended up scoring 11 (roughly) last season which was excellent for a 16 year old, but as far as i know he doesn't play in the primavera as much this season.

after his good form for the youth team last year, and with Roma's crisis in terms of squad depth he is practically a fixture in the first team squad this season, and is almost always on the bench these days. from memory i think he has only had 5 minutes on the field against Inter so far this season (for now the older Corvia is given more chances), but he could definitely make an impact for us if he was given more playing time.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I think its sad that the guy has played hardly any football this year. He should definitely move back to the Primavera squad if he isnt going to be used in the first team at all!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Cerci is on the bench for us at basically every match now so he must be impressing Del Neri (but maybe that's also to do with a lack of options). for his own sake all that needs to happen is for him to get onto the field a bit more and play some matches, or at least get a chance as a sub.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Yes I agree with Deano and Vagabondo that Cerci really needs to start playing more if he is ever going to develop into the very highly rated striker everyone expects him to be.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Yes indeed, he needs to play.. Maybe Roma would Loan him next year for some SerieB or even Serie A side in order to get 1st team experience!!
Thats very important, he should be introduced into professional football as soon as possible, we should never say he's still 17 or 18, look at Wayne Rooney, that's what Roma should have in mind in order not to loose his talent..

I see Cerci as a left winger more than as a forward, he should be trained on freekicks also, because his shooting ability is impressive!!

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
are we talking about alessio cerci the human beeing or alessio cerci the character in championship manager???

give this kid some time cause there's absolutly no need to hurry in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
il_principe said:
are we talking about alessio cerci the human beeing or alessio cerci the character in championship manager???

give this kid some time cause there's absolutly no need to hurry in my opinion.
:thmbup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no but if he doesent get loaned out his talent will be wasted

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Not that but Cerci i the last 3 months has only really trained and played a couple of matches in the torneo di viareggio plus a 5 minute cameo appearance in the Inter match. IMO for a guy so young he needs more football and that means being put back to the primavera side I think.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
No, i think he should be introduced next year to regular first team in a respectable team, at least in serie B..
When wayne rooney played in the premiership he was younger then Cerci now!! Thats how great players are made!! We shouldn't waste his time in viareggio or primavera, if roma really cares they should manage hm a loan deal in the near future, or maybe an English side will come & take him with a professional deal!!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
HB21 said:
No, i think he should be introduced next year to regular first team in a respectable team, at least in serie B..
When wayne rooney played in the premiership he was younger then Cerci now!! Thats how great players are made!! We shouldn't waste his time in viareggio or primavera, if roma really cares they should manage hm a loan deal in the near future, or maybe an English side will come & take him with a professional deal!!
i hope the club can issue a big "hands off" when the English clubs come knocking the door down to get their hands on our players. in a way though i see your point, he probably would get more of a run over in England.

the club should play him (and some of the other untested young players) more often now that we're not actually in contention for anything. Del Neri did this against Cagliari last Sunday, and i'm confident that Conti will give players from the primavera a go too, since he was running the show with the youth teams up to now and must know who has potential etc.

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
your freakin comparing rooney to cerci!! wuts wrong wit you lol rooney is way above cerci level metally and technically lol just cause they are the same age doesnt mean anything cerci has the potential to be a good striker with his speed and striking ability he could potentially take over montellas spot in 3 years or 4 years :thumbsup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes that sounds gud about the loan deal i think ur rite there

1 - 16 of 16 Posts