Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys but I make myself sick. I get all nervous and can't sit still. I don't know if I'll be able to handle this Italy vs Mexico game this Thursday. Maybe I won't watch it and just pray for the best and then watch the replay..... Is anyone else this nuts??

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Same here. I also have all sorts of 'rituals'... like I have to be standing when I turn on the tv to watch the match, I never empty the ashtray during the match, I always refill my glass before it's empty, the remote has to be on the couch to the right of me, when the match goes to penalties I get down on my knees in front of the tv, etc.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh good, I'm not the only crazy one here:D

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I yell and scream at the tv, and my wife thinks I'm nuts !!!! Especially since it's 7:30 in the morning where I live when the games are on !!!!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Things I do before the game starts

Ritual...:rolleyes:

A cup of cappuccino.. Italy souvenirs, like posters, glass, and everything ...should be on my side , Alex's foto (Even if he doesn't play :D )... Do not change the channel.. stick my eyes to the TV for 90 min.. don't care if the commercial bugged me.. and oh...My black cat (Panther)... he should be on my cuddle and I believe that he gives me strenghth to watch the game when the worst is come..

When its start to kick off, I scream out loud, giving the instructure for the team.. try to build the connection between me and them, and usually it worked..:D :D

I think we all going to be nitwit everytime Italy plays.. and that's allow once for a while ...

This game vs Mexico.. it a death match!!! so, people starts crazy !!
:fero: :fero:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:yawn:Let's see, I'm in LA and the games are in the middle of the night so I really don't have much choice about where I watch the game.

Game 1 against Ecuador I watched in my room in bed and all went well :)

Game 2 against Croatia I went to my girlfriend's house and watched it with her and her French friend. :eekani: WELL THAT DIDN't WORK so its out of the question.

Game 3 against Mexico will be watched at home in my room just like the game against Ecuador. I will not wear my Azzurri jersey because everytime we get eliminated I wear it (Argentina in 90, Brazil in 94, Germany in 96, France in 98 and France in 00) so that is out of the question.

I will be in bed :nervous: $#iting in my pants.....

FORZA ITALIA!!!!!!!!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I watch the matches in the sports-bar, where they have a huge south-american following... I will smash them w/ a full bottle of Tequila if Italy doesnt qualify.

But I m more prepared to buy pizzas for them.

Italy win

Cheers!

·
Registered
13,165 Posts
I'm shaking in my boots 24/7 till match's end. I'm at the point where I'm not even certain I'm gonna be able to watch the match. I'm seriously considering just checking the score (of course I'll be glued to the set). I don't know why, but I've had premonitions about this match for ages. Mexico is our nemesis. They are everything we are not: quick, attacking, small and gutsy. But they are talking trash against Italy already and the Italians have openly stated they want to play with "anger," a term rarely evoked by the Azzuri.
Bottom line? I'm a nervous wreck. Scared, anxious, worried and paranoid, but with a small percentage of quiet confidence left. We have to remember that Mexico barely squeaked by Croatia and even Ecuador looked better against them.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I get very worked up but that is the great thing about football the passion! When we played Croatia I was going mental, screaming and punching, but thats the way I get when Parma or Italy get cheated or lose a big match. I always have my Italy shirt on when they are playing with Cannavaro and 5 on the back :D and when they score I shout :tongue:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Crazy ! And if italy looses tomorrow and I hear any stupid comments from ass hole, I am going to break there faces, staright and simple. :fero:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i dont normally have rituals and so on........but if i'm sitting in a certain position on the coach......and iatly seems to be playing good or even scores a goal.......i stay that way for the whole game.

and everyone else in the room has to be quiet and stay the same way they are as well.

Eg. i changed sitting psoition between the brak of the euro2000 final, and trezeguet scored straight away. Coincidence or is my theory of sitting somewhat true :)

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I am also like CUG, if Italy are doing well, and I am doing something like holding a cup or sitting a way, I stay there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts