Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have very little knowledge of French Football but every now and then, there is a player that comes from the league and becomes a world class act. So i was watching the champions league game with lyon and Weder Bremen, this lad totally impressed me. I have no inside information on him but then i found he has been linked with a move to Manchester United. How much is he worth, what is his qualities? How would you compare him to Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira? Also will he leave Lyon this summer?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Certainly a lot of people. :googly: :rolleyes: .

He is certainly the new phenomenon of the Ligue 1 (although i think Diarra is not that bad either), can play defensive mildfielder and central defender. I hope your team got somes millions, because Lyon won't let him go for peanuts.

·
Registered
56,257 Posts
i'm afraid he will leave us.
faz, essien is rated very high here. one of the best central defenders. plus he is very strong for put the ball front ahead. precisous player. would be a shame if we make money with him.

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Nope :D, Djemba Djemba was not even stable in Nantes's starting line-up. Essien has already proved a lot in the Champions League and in Ligue 1 with Lyon. :nerd:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Essien is more versatile than Djemba Djemba, stronger physically. i 'd rather say, physically he's a monster. agressive, pacy, powerful shot, huge stamina. Djemba disappears sometimes and shows inconsistency. Essien is always 100% in the game and never deceives. he's regular in his performances and they're always good.

·
Registered
56,257 Posts
ah! pretender, i thought you forgot your favourite team:)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
He is a national team player for Ghana and born in 1982. I only wanted to ad some info :)

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Essien is awesome. I wish Barca will sign him, I'd love to see him in blaugrana!

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Aye that was the interview on sky sports today. Now that the guy has shown his desire, its up to the club to buy him, but knowing our board, we will get some shite average ****.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts