Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ruben Micael - the next Porto superstar

I havent seen much of this player, but I've heard alot of good things.

So I'm just requesting a bit of an anaylsis on him and how much quality he has.

Is he a dominating prescence in midfield? Whats his style like? compare him to the likes of meireles/moutinho etc

It really seems like since he joined porto they've skyrocketed in terms of performance, while nacional has plundered down the table...a big coincedence

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Don't worry, he doesn't do as many tricks and dribbles as Manuel Fernandes.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
He's very good.

He runs the midfield and although in my opinion seems a bit weak (so far) in his physique, he makes up for it with intelligence and all round play.

A definite for the World Cup, and even challenging for a starting position in my opinion.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
He's very good.

He runs the midfield and although in my opinion seems a bit weak (so far) in his physique, he makes up for it with intelligence and all round play.

A definite for the World Cup, and even challenging for a starting position in my opinion.
You're right, he's not from the Ivory Coast or anything in terms of brute physicality and strength, but he has fight and balls. Unlike the Raul Meireles', Tiagos, and other soft Portuguese central midfielders, Ruben has a ton of intensity to his game. He regularly jumps into challenges with reckless abandon.

Regarding the World Cup, he wasn't even a call-up for Queiroz to try out in a friendly now. Varela was. I fear the best current Portuguese CM in Europe won't be at the World Cup, and it's no slight on the others but his form this season has been outrageously good.

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
LOL

Ruben Micael? serious???

the new flavour of the month at the Cagao stadium is Ruben Neves, until his career is killed when Puerto buys a south american to replace him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts