Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Of all dominating club teams in the past, how does this team rank?

La Liga Stats Out of 30 GAMES:

Top Scorers:
1 Samuel Eto'o Barcelona 26
2 David Villa Valencia 22
3 Diego Forlan Atlético Madrid 20
4 Lionel Messi Barcelona 19
5 Negredo Almeria 17
6 Frederic Kanouté Sevilla FC 16
Gonzalo Higuaín Real Madrid 16
8 Thierry Henry Barcelona 15
Raúl Real Madrid 15
10 Sergio Leonel Aguero Atlético Madrid 14

Assists:
1 Xavi Barcelona 15
2 Lionel Messi Barcelona 10

Mata Valencia 10
4 Pedro Alvarez Munitis Racing Santander 9
Daniel Alves Barcelona 9
Gonzalez Jesus Navas Sevilla FC 9
7 Duda Málaga 8
Gonzalo Higuaín Real Madrid 8
9 Thierry Henry Barcelona 7
Robert Pires Villarreal 7

Longest Unbeaten Sequence 22 games Barcelona
Most Wins 24 Barcelona
Fewest Losses 3 Barcelona
Highest Points per Game 2.5 Barcelona
Goals Scored 87 (first by 18 gols)
Goals Conceded 24 (first by 3 goals)
Highest Goal Difference 63 Barcelona
Fewest Games Failed to Score: 1 Barcelona

Champions League
Most Goals Scored 18 Barcelona

Top Scorers:
1 Lionel Messi Barcelona 8
2 Steven Gerrard Liverpool 7
Miroslav Klose Bayern Munich 7
4 Lisandro López FC Porto 6
5 Thierry Henry Barcelona 5

Top Assists:
Xavi Barcelona 6
2 Frank Lampard Chelsea 5
3 Cesc Fábregas Arsenal 4
Juninho Lyon 4
Lionel Messi Barcelona 4
Raúl Meireles FC Porto 4
Franck Ribéry Bayern Munich 4
8 Thierry Henry Barcelona 3
They are also in the Copa Del Rey final.

You could say la liga is weak, but the Barca machine is tearing up in the CL as well. Obviously the league nor CL, nor the CdR is over. And this is all very reminiscent of a certain Galactico team that lost it all in the last 2 months... however I dont think they had stats like this Barca team does. If Barca win one out of the 2 titles in contention where would they rank with the great one season clubs?

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
they are the best side but the problem is how they rank with past greats, they don´t face much competition in La Liga so you can´t really judge how good they are when they don´t face teams that give them a challenge.

·
Registered
70,549 Posts
They're awesome but honestly this year's team isn't as good as the 2002 Galacticos. That Real Madrid side played the most aesthetic football that my young life has seen, and they just had so much mystique around them.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,501 Posts
Chelsea will mop the floor with them, for sure!
Madrid will win la liga, no doubt!
and Barfa will have to settle for the Spanish Cup!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Let's wait until after the season to assess how good they are/were. If they happen to win 3 major trophies (cl, league, copa) then they would have a case of being one of the all time greats. Right now it is just promise, nothing there yet.

·
Scudetto
23,987 Posts
They're awesome but honestly this year's team isn't as good as the 2002 Galacticos. That Real Madrid side played the most aesthetic football that my young life has seen, and they just had so much mystique around them.
What? Doubt it. This Barca is scoring goals like crazy. That Real Madrid team was not unbeatable. This one almost is. Closest thing to something like that I've ever seen.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
The games against Chelsea will tell us alot, but I think they are awesome

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Well we are good but i guess the next month will tell the story of the season. All the stats are amazing but we still havent won anything. Still only at the CdR final, still only at CL SF and still 8 games to be played in La Liga.

As of now our biggest enemy is exhaustion. Hopefully the hard physical work Pep made with the team earlier this year will pay off and the team is ready to ride the challenges out.

Though i think the good performances have somehow shadowed other teams. As a reminder also Chelsea and ManU are firing on all fronts, though Chelseas momentum has gone down a bit in EPL.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
They're freaking good to say the least. Manchester United has hogged a lot of the spot light this season, but Barcelona looks keen on taking it back. Chelsea will be dangerous though. Under Guus Hiddink they are a different team and dismantled a Liverpool side who before the first leg people thought were going to take Europe and England by storm.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Cant forget a certain Man Utd, on for something stupid like a Sextuple this season, not to mention last seasons double. Had Barcelona had their dip now rather than Man Utd we would be seeing their name heading this thread. Much like we saw earlier this season in Barcelonas dip.

This team is great, although the funny thing is most Barcelona fans thought at the start of the season (and probably still do) that its about 1 or two seasons from its peak. Still a few key positions that could be upgraded and a bit of depth.

How well do they rank? Depends at the end of the season because we could end with nothing. Without checking my fact book though (I lied I dont have one) at this stage the galacticos were never in the hunt for a treble, and if you can see the league is weak now, well their rival Barcelona was among the worst ever during those times.

The most fitting Champions League final will definately be Barcelona Vs. Man Utd. The best official team on earth against the only team people could arguebly call better. And what a fitting way to end the decade than with a treble vs. treble (ok, hextuple :D ) Champions League final with the winner getting that mighty accolade. Just the same as the last decade for a bit of trivia.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Right now it is just promise, nothing there yet.
Indeed. Greatness has to be coupled with trophies and Barcelona hasn't won anything yet and the schedule they face in the next month is brutal.

Chelsea will mop the floor with them, for sure!
Madrid will win la liga, no doubt!
and Barfa will have to settle for the Spanish Cup!
If they only had Ronaldo, then they could also win the Naranja Cup.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Well we are good but i guess the next month will tell the story of the season. All the stats are amazing but we still havent won anything. Still only at the CdR final, still only at CL SF and still 8 games to be played in La Liga.

As of now our biggest enemy is exhaustion. Hopefully the hard physical work Pep made with the team earlier this year will pay off and the team is ready to ride the challenges out.

Though i think the good performances have somehow shadowed other teams. As a reminder also Chelsea and ManU are firing on all fronts, though Chelseas momentum has gone down a bit in CL.
:confused:

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Well have you dropped out of some competitions ? Cause as far as i remember you are still playing for the EPL, CL and the FA Cup. Am i wrong?

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
About as good as they were when they won the CL back then, just instead of an insane Ronaldinho they have an insane Messi.

If they want to beat Chelsea they cant play with Xavi and Iniesta IMO.. theyd be outmuscled massivly by Chelsea. Toure, Xavi and Iniesta at left instead of Henry would do. I really like to see the defence of Barca vs Chelsea, their defence and GK are their weakest spots but they havent been really under pressure yet, I think that'll change vs Chelsea.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.