Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm too far young to know about this legend even my dad was no clue when he was asked about this player. I only know he was behind Real Madrid's success in early '50.

What's his position ? His strengths ? His uniqueness ? And event that made him memorable (e.g Maradona's solo goal against England) ?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Great player - played total football twenty years before it was "invented". In the days of more rigid systems, if he was on your team you effectively had two in each outfield position. Until recently, the question of the best ever invariably came down to a question of either him or Pele. Some oldsters still think that's the case. You could write an encyclopaedia on his importance to football and the influence he had. Imagine if he had stayed at Barca and not gone Meringue in the early 1950s - Real Madrid would be....? A great player - maybe the greatest player and incredibly effective and functional, but there remains a question of style, because the best description has always been that "di Stefano was manufactured on earth, Pele was made in heaven".

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
arfy05 said:
i dont know how good he is now :D,

Well the original question was "How good is Di Stefano", so let me assure you that he sucks and I could kick his ass at football any day of the week.
:finger: :tongue:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts