Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
given you dudes have an outstanding knowledge about Brazilians and league and football in general,I'vo noticed how my team Ac Milan are Tracking this young talent for a while now.I don't know anything about him or have never seen him in action Can you guys please feel myself or anyone else who's Interested in knowing more Grazie amici.;)

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Well, AFAIK, he is not Nesta, but he is still very good and strong defender. He also scores a lot of goals for a defender.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Great defender, can get even better with time. Not a screw-up who has his moments like Roque Júnior, he's more like a great player who has his screw-up moments (like every defender does).

He is very tall, strong, he doesn't have the annoying habit of carrying the ball from the defense like other brazilian defenders do. He plays, simple, objective footbal. Great in the air (especially offensive) and also a very good free kick taker (powerful shot).

He is not left-footed, even though he plays well on the left-side.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
end3r7 said:
IMO, he is VERY VERY overrated...

I agree, Alex is probably better then alot of the defenders in Brasil but I still don't think he's good enough to play for Milan. Speaking as a Milanista, I'd much rather get Mexes from Auxerre. :)

Alex? No thanks. He'd be decent at best, and he's vastly overrated by the Brasilian media. So are the other two "wonderkids" on his team. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
He is not so overrated IMHO

but all the discussion is senseless/ Real Madrid has him practically contracted. Anyway it will happen after the final of the Libertadores where Santos beleive they will be

Milan does not need him for now , they have Nesta, but RM will make the most of him and will have a more balanced team :(

They are also menacing to take the "talento azul" the other Alex , Cruzeiro playmaker. They have already sent some spies to BH.

Alex (The Cruzeiro one) has the "clauzula" in his contract that he can leave in June
if he receives an attractive offer from a leading European club

Well, whether we like it or not, Real Madrid is like a black hole, everything that is worthwile gets sucked in:mad: :(

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I agree that he keeps it simple
is big,strong and very good offensively
powerful shot
if we gonna mention a weak spot
it would probably be that
he isn´t very agile,fast or technical
perhaps for a guy his size
but not really
though he keeps his play accordingly

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Re: He is not so overrated IMHO

LUZ13 said:
but all the discussion is senseless/ Real Madrid has him practically contracted. Anyway it will happen after the final of the Libertadores where Santos beleive they will be

Milan does not need him for now , they have Nesta, but RM will make the most of him and will have a more balanced team :(

They are also menacing to take the "talento azul" the other Alex , Cruzeiro playmaker. They have already sent some spies to BH.

Alex (The Cruzeiro one) has the "clauzula" in his contract that he can leave in June
if he receives an attractive offer from a leading European club

Well, whether we like it or not, Real Madrid is like a black hole, everything that is worthwile gets sucked in:mad: :(

where did you get this news from?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I follow the Mandril tactics for a long time

In Madrid they have As and Marca newspapers, usually everybody that AS is talking about is really being contracted

I also read in the Estadao that the directory of Santos admitted receiving 2 interesting offers for Alex, one from Benfica and one from "a spanish team" Aproximately on the same time AS had begun to write several article praising Alex. It is really rare that AS dedicates a lot of space to a Brazilian that has not yet played in Europe.

Furthermore, it is cmmom knowledge that Real Madrid needs a good central because this is the weak link of that team. Thewy tried to get Nresta but did not succeed thank the Lord. They got Milito and than decided he is not good enghou for and invented some knee problem and sent him off to Saragoza instead. Now Santos declared they will demand 10 milions of dollars for him, which is a small change to Madrid.

We are talking June 2004

I will be happy to be told in June that I was talking nonesense, but I am afraid they will get him and ,heavens forbid , the Talento Azul as well.

Again, I will be only happy to be wrong

·
Administrator
29,709 Posts
D&T:

He have a weakness in the air game in his area. Perhaps something about positioning but he failed a bit when the ball was high and long in the area, behind him. Training helps, but Leao thiks he is perfect :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If he does'nt come to Milan then so be it,He is'nt the only player around there is so much talent worldwide.We're Milan.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts