Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually a intresting topic:

I mean from now and then he has been seen to produce some breathtaking displays in the shape of great overview and reading the game as a whole, the passing not to be forgotten. Yet he has not yet show us ANYTHING like what he did against Tottenham for a regular basis i mean. That was quite frightening as he did some toelicking balls to Riise from what? 70 yards or so! Luis Garcia and Nuñez could them all enjoy either standing still receiving a 40 yards pass or running into it with scary perfect accuracy. The commentators (english) were screaming "midfield display of many years" and the Anfield were cheering.

Question is:

How good can the son of Euskadi be? If he continue in this direction i would have no problem to state him as the best central midfielder in the world by streets ahead of the others. Of course he was not that marked and all that but even the best around would have a hard time by doing anything near what Xabi produced in terms of passing accuracy. It was near perfection, and the game as an art were to be seen.

IMO, he is under Gerrard and Carra in the club as the San Sebastian-man are not a son of Liverpool as them, but against Tottenham they were all lurking in the shadows. A new Liverpool-legend is under making.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Certainly has the ability to be the best player in the world in his position, people within the club are already talking about him having the same effect on the side as King Kenny, and that is a very big compliment.

Just imagine if we had someone decent on the wing instead of Nunez, recieving all them balls from Alonso we would of destoryed Spurs..

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
3rd topic of xabi alonso.

Already shows the attention he is getting. And almost, unanimously, everyone agrees that he is good.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven´t seen that many Xabi Alonso threads AFTER the Tottenham-game, maybe i´m blind :D There couldn´t be too many. ;)

And even Manure-fans (and some Chelskis) are agreeing so what would THAT say about the player.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
He's already good. The question is whether he can become a great? ;)

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Casillas said:
3rd topic of xabi alonso.

Already shows the attention he is getting. And almost, unanimously, everyone agrees that he is good.
Yeah, everyone but Marc. :doh:

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Xabi is a fantastic passer. I wud really like to see him play alongside SG more often. I also fancy him playing behind Cisse and Moro than Baros.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
I was getting laughed at and accused of preparing for the worst and being sour etc when i said that Xabi is a better footballer than Gerrard, this is before his return against the Old Lady.Its no fluke people, he's the ducks nuts.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeye!

There are always some black sheeps among the great whites. This time, though, there aren´t THAT many, so that´s supposed to say something.

Against Portmouth he were MOM by far and dropped the ball for not more then, i guess, three times.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Theres some people who are only happy if played are doing Ronaldinho-esk flicks or running around the pitch at 50 mph diving at peoples feet, they don't appreciate a good footballing brain everything Alonso does is like a fine peice of art work.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SM Online,

My opinions in a nutshell. There are those clowns (and god knows they are plenty of ´em) whose only crave is of a 17 oversteps before a sidepass, and they all jumping there socks off getting these ones skirt, with print on it.

It´s world class for them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts