Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a poll on a german website, Olivier Bierhoff was rated the worst striker in the squad which contains 4 strikers.

This is my line-up

---------------Kahn---------------
Babbel-----------------------Linke
-------------Matthaus-------------
------Hamannn--------Jeremies-----
Deisler----------------------Ziege
----Neuville-------------Scholl---
----------Bierhoff/Rink-----------

In the 3-4-3 system, the defnsive trio consists of Babbel and Linke as man-markers, while sweeper Matthaus lines up between them and has the freedom to push forward into midfield at every opportunity. From there he often unleashes long diagnol balls to wide areas.

Just in front of the back 3 sit the midfield holding pair of Hamann and Jeremies; midfield width is provided by Deisler and Ziege.

The attack is three-pronged with central striker Bierhoff flamked by Neuville on the right and either Scholl or Bode on the left.

Its a system with lots of flexibility. When the need arises, the two wide attackers pull back into midfield to make a 4-5-1.

Despite the outcome of that poll, I think Ribbeck should stick to Bierhoff for at least the first game. He's captain, and has tons of experience, but on the other hand, who could be missing Klinsmann sorely at his first major tournament without him.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Here's my team Germany:

____________Kahn____________
______Nowotny__Rehmer_______
Babbel_________________Ziege
_______Jeremies__Hamann_____
Deisler_______________Scholl
________Rink____Kirsten_____

system: 4-4-2

1 - 2 of 2 Posts