Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was browsing the archives b/c you know, I got nothing better to do than waste my time reading useless shit on the Internet rather than finish my 20 page paper due in about .....well now 5 hours...

And I found all this:

FIGO THREAD

Adriano10 said:
sure, 5 suitors would likely be paying the same peanut to him, as they do .. to Hierro.

Santa Claus Moratti likes to provide Rusty-Old-Galacticos much better.

We all know, OLD is NOT GOLD.
Old = Gold :D :D :D

Schumy said:
Maybe a few years back but not now,Inter don't need Figo and obviously should be looking elsewhere.Inter is a huge club and should just concentrate on the future ala Cassano,Pizzarro,Maxwell etc and the list goes on.
Quite a good addition, wouldn't you say! :D

Pulsar36 said:
I agree, though I will say this- I would take joaquin or denilson over Figo.
:lala: :lala:

Rob Edwards said:
Eh, he's still only 32, 33 in November. I don't think he's a player that age takes too much of a toll on. Certainly I can still see him playing at a high level at 36 personally.
Rob Edwards gets an A in my book :thumbsup:

Inter01 said:
If Inter want a right wingman, they should look no further than Cagliari's Esposito. Figo is a an old Mardid ******.
:dielaugh:

Razman said:
No retiring players please
Quite a game he played in the derby, wouldn't you say? :tongue:

Pulsar36 said:
Well this is the deal. Figo is one of those players that people like to throw in the trash, saying, ohh scrwe this guy, he's old as helll, he sucks now, etc etc

However-

If you watched Real Madrid this year, you noticed one thing. Despite FIgo's anger at management outside the pitch, he was one of the best players on the field. Even better than Beckham, ZIdane, Solari. Figo was the man. IF we get him for 1-2 years, I don't thik its a bad short term investment.
:D :D :D Yeah I'm the man!

Carson35 said:
Figo Can Leave Real, Claim Spanish Press
6/1/2005 11:44:00 AM

Spanish sports daily Marca claim that Luis Figo has been given permission by Real Madrid to negotiate with other clubs.
The 32-year-old has fallen out with Real coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo after starting several games from the bench in the latter part of the season.

"I don’t know whether he will stay," director of football Arrigo Sacchi told Punto Radio. "He’s got a contract with us and I hope he stays because he could still be a great player for us and he is a great professional.

"But I think his future depends more on him than it does on us...If he continues to feel down about his situation then it won’t be good for him or for us."

Marca claim that Inter have made enquiries about Figo, Santiago Solari and Walter Samuel.

goal.com

=================

samuel??? :D
Wow, tribalfootball right on the money! :D

Carson getting excited about Samuel :thumbsup:

Too bad Carson didn't know yet that Samuel would get suspended twice :dielaugh:

Anyways, let's make this the new thread for funny archives!

But first, the best one of all:

2pac said:
If Figo comes to Inter, I will eat my socks and put the film on the net . . . No Joke
I wasn't laughing 2Pac. We're still waiting. Please don't be long. :D

Gangsta Party!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CAMBIASSO Signed:

Al Capone said:
Great. Just great.
:lala: :lala:

Razman said:
Recoba had the best goal to minutes played ratio last season.. So I'd keep him for one more season. If he screws up then bye bye

Cambiasso not a starter! good for a sub
:tongue: :tongue:

Drito the Man Utd only fan said:
why did we have to sign him??? overrated piece of garbage
Not as overrated as Man Utd's central midfield.....what central midfield? Good question

Adriano10 said:
my first choice DMC would be Almeyda+CZ.. or Davids in there. 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2...basically... Cambiasso is not needed.
Good first choice pairing. Do they even play anymore? :tongue:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I should attribute those quotes to a certain Pulsar36 and just plead the fifth. :lala: :lala: :tongue:

·
Registered
57,735 Posts
Hey, where are my older quotes ? :stuckup:

I'll do some research now. :D

·
Registered
57,735 Posts

·
Registered
57,735 Posts
Razman said:
Stankovic was in Dubai and I didnt know!??!?!??!?! I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED HIM DAMMIT HE SHOULD'VE MENTIONED SOMETHING
why man, did you want to give him a beating or something ? :D

Nerazzurri4life said:
So now we have 6 Azzurri players and not 5. :D ;)
After we signed Favalli in the summer of 2004. How times change huh... :tongue:

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Why the heck am I the center of attention here? :D

For the first quote, even Wome can have a great match once in lifetime. As for the second, look at our roster back then. We had CZ, Emre, Stankovic, Kily, Kara, VDM and an off-form Veron (coming from Chelsea, he did suck in his first few months with us). Its not strange that I rated him as one of our best midfielders, especially after his first half season with us.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
This thread promises to be a crackerjack . . Puls you sure you gonna finish off that 20 page report of yours ?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Al Capone said:
Not as overrated as Man Utd's central midfield.....what central midfield? Good question
After the summer our midfield will be amongst the best in europe.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I dont know why United go on a buying spree like Chelsea when the clearly NEED players in central midfield . . class players. And theyve got the money.

I dont get it.

·
Registered
43,738 Posts
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2935960&postcount=64

Firdaus said:
CZ was the man!

And N4L, I dare you to watch the match again and tell me that CZ wasn't superb in blocking and recovering the ball by tackling cleanly and passing it off. He also launched some great counters but Martins couldn't capitalise on by making that final pass.

He was awesome. But since he didn't play the whole match, players like Martins and especially Vieri (that goal from such a narrow angle was class!) deserve all the praise they get.
Nerazzurri4life said:
Agreed 100% of course !

Believe it or not, I was actually going to write a post just to praise him but I had no time as I went to watch the UEFA Cup final (btw that Carvalho fellow playing for CSKA is great.)

Cristiano won each and every single challenge in those 10+ minutes. He was all over the pitch and showed what he's capable of doing when he's on song. I kept a close eye on him as to be able to evaluate him properly, knowing that he's your favourite player and all.

Pulsar

One of the long haired dorks in their defence (Bega, Conti or Lopez can't really recall who exactly) provoked Oba (just like he did at Cagliari) so Martins held him from his shirt while having a "wtf are you up to dude ?" look on his face.

Vieri was indeed offside as replays showed later.
:D

·
Registered
57,735 Posts
So, he had a decent ten minutes. No biggie Fird. :stuckup: :D

As for Man U, well...

They have a world class trident in attack (now they use CR and Park on the wings though, no more 433 module anymore) and their defence is tight. They should ONLY sign a couple of midfielders and they're set. But it's not THAT simple - Afterall, this is no Championship manager game, perhaps those new midfielders won't adapt or they won't play well together, you never know in this crazy game...

·
Greta joke sharer
22,993 Posts
I just stumbled across this hilarious episode which occured a few years back. San Siro getting caught in the act trying to steal trophies. Instead of confessing he responds with insults, well initially anyway.

Originally posted by San Siro
Now, regarding the historical aspect of it, here's an interesting comparaison between Inter and Milan, decade by decade and the titles/cups won during each decade. That should make you realize who's the best side, historically speaking.

1899: (creation of AC Milan)
1900-1909:
3 scudetti for Milan (1901, 1906, 1907).
1909: creation of Inter by a group of Milanisti wanting to have more foreigners in team.
1910-1920:
Inter: 2 scudetti ( 1910-1920). Milan: nothing won during that decade.
1920-1930:
Scudetto 1930 for Inter. Milan, nothing.
1930-1940:
Scudetti 1938, 1940 and Coppa Italia 1939 for Inter. Milan nothing.
1940-1950:
Nothing for both teams.
1950-1960:
Inter: Scudetti 1953 and 1954.
Milan: Scudetti: 1951, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1959.
1960-1970: The Golden Years of Inter.
Inter: Scudetto 1963, 1965 and 1966, Champions Cup 1964 and 1965, Intercontinental Cup 1964 and 1965.
Milan:Scudetti 1962, 1963, 1967, 1968, 1969. Coppa Italia 1967. Champions Cup 1963 and 1969. Intercontinental Cup 1963 and 1969. Cup Winners Cup 1968.
1970-1980:
Inter: Scudetti 1970. Coppa Italia 1978.
Milan: Scudetti 1972, 1973, 1977 and 1979. ( :star: ). Coppa Italia 1972, 1973 and 1977. Cup Winners Cup 1973.
1980-1990:
Inter: Scudetti 1980 and 1989. Coppa Italia 1982.
Milan: Scudetto 1988. Champions Cup 1989. European Super Cup 1989. Intercontinental Cup 1989. Italian Super Cup 1989.
1990-2000:
Inter: Italian Super Cup 1990. UEFA Cup 1991, 1994 and 1998.
Milan:Scudetti: 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996 and 1999. Champions Cup/League: 1990, 1994. European Super Cup: 1990 and 1995. Intercontinental Cup 1990. Italian Super Cup: 1992, 1993, 1994.

Now, after seeing this rapid comparaison decade by decade for both clubs, one can conclude that the ONLY time Inter won more than Milan was between 1910 and 1949. After that, Milan won more than Inter, even during Inter's "golden years", the 60's. In the 50's, 70's, 80's and 90's, Milan won overwhelmingly more than Inter. In the 60's, a time where both Milan clubs were dominating not only in Italy but also Europe and the world, even during the Golden years of Herrera's Inter, Milan won more!!!! :eekani: :proud: :stuckup: :cool:

Originally posted by Nacka
Wow, good job "inventing" those Milan Scudettos in the 60´s. According to my sources and everybody elses, Milan only won two Scudettos (1961/62, 1967/68), but somehow you manage to make it five.

And about the Pro Vercelli incident, Inter lost one Scudetto in the same manner (against Bologna, I think). So that pretty much evens itself out.

Talking about disgraceful behaviour, maybe you should take a look at your own club´s history.

Rather than confessing his crime San Siro insists that the trophies are rightfully his, and he launches a counter-attack.

Dude,
This is not made up Scudetti. You can check the official Milan site and also the Gazzetta's archives and also the Serie A's archives. We did win those scudetti. Typical Inter, sorry I meant Perdenti style excuses.... :rollani: :howler: Please come up with better "arguments". If you have nothing to say, then don't say anything. :) What I wrote here is the hard cold truth. Not made up stuff or illusions of winning something big anytime soon, that you Interisti have built your entire life on... :howler: :dielaugh:

Inter who??? :howler: :dielaugh:

FORZA MAGICO IMMENSO MILAN!

Originally posted by Neil Down
This huge post of yours San Siro must be the biggest pile of misinformantion ever put together.

First of All Inter Milan was founded in 1908 not 1909.

Scudetti won in the 1960s :
1960/61 Juventus
1961/62 Milan
1962/63 Internazionale
1963/64 Bologna
1964/65 Internazionale
1965/66 Internazionale
1966/67 Juventus
1967/68 Milan
1968/69 Fiorentina
1969/70 Cagliari

sources : http://www.calciofootball.com/seriea/history-a.asp
http://www.a-liga.8m.com/legacalcio/index_history.html

In your Accusations against Inter you did not Mention the 1963/64 scudetto which was won by bologna, but Inter fans could make a similar argument like the one you did about the PRO Vercelli Incident.

3 scudetti for Milan (1901, 1906, 1907).=3
Milan: Scudetti: 1951, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1959=5
Milan:Scudetti 1962, 1963, 1967, 1968, 1969=5
Milan: Scudetti 1972, 1973, 1977 and 1979=4
Milan: Scudetto 1988=1
Milan:Scudetti: 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996 and 1999=5

According to your so called facts Milan has won a total of 23 scudetti.

This is how reliable your sources are. Geez I'm sure going to believe all of your claims.

I'm more generous than you not only I gave you a class on history, but also in Math! :D

PAyman you can come with all your excuses or Explanations, but I wont take you seriously anymore. You manage to find the 6 lost scudetti.

I dont know if you lie on purpose, or If you are really dumb, the only aprent thing is you keep trying to mislead people.

Originally posted by Nacka
So your sticking to your story?

Don´t you think it´s just a little bit strange that according to your listing both Inter and Milan won the Scudetto in 1963. And you keep claiming that your information is accurate. Well maybe you have your own truth, but to the rest of the world Milan only won the Scudetto twice in the 60´s.

1960 Juventus
1961 Juventus
1962 Milan
1963 Inter
1964 Bologna
1965 Inter
1966 Inter
1967 Juventus
1968 Milan
1969 Fiorentina

These are the real Scudetto winners in the 60´s. As you can see Milan only occurs twice. Seems as if it´s not me that has got a problem with illusions.

Realizing he is caught, San Siro begins softening up but he is still not prepared to confess to the full extent of his evil-doing.

First of all, I want to appologize. :angel: I did indeed make a big boo-boo with all those scudetti in the 60's. :embarass: You both are right that Milan "only" won the Scudetto, as far as the 60's are concerned, in 1962 and 1968. I'm truly sorry to make such a bad mistake... :eek: I must have been :drunk: Again, you're also right that Inter were created in 1908 and not 1909, what a big difference that makes!!! :eek: ... :eek: My bad for not remembering such an important date, the creation of the 2nd team of Milano... :eek: :D

Other than that, all the other things are true and absolutely verifiable. To get back to your original comment, yes historically, Milan has won more than Inter. Except the period going from 1910 to 1939, where Inter clearly out-won Milan, Milan has always out-won Inter. In the 40's, no team dominated as none managed to win anything. :eek: Yes, even during the "Glorious Days" of Inter, in the 60's, where Inter may have won 3 Scudetti and 2 Champions Cup and 2 Intercontinental Cups, Milan out-won the Nerazzuri!!! :proud: :stuckup: Milan won 2 Scudetti, 2 Champions Cup and 2 Intercontinental Cups, 1 Cup Winners Cup and the Coppa Italia 1967. :)

Cheers. :)
FORZA MAGICO IMMENSO MILAN! :star: :cool: :)

Originally posted by Neil Down
I Dont want to be a meanie but your numbers manage to add up 23 scuddetti, If you take the 3 extras scudettos of the 60's (that you have since apologize for )there are a Total of 20 more Titles while It's common knowledge that Milan has 16 championships of SerieA.

4 More scudetti, Enough to make Milan beat inter in a couple of decades.

I do want to stop this seeing that none of your Milan friends in this board helped you by advising you or giving you the right data.

Again not the rest of your stats are true, but I wont go in detail bit by bit finding more errors

After once again being proved wrong, San Siro tries to blame it on the booze instead of taking responsibilty for being an evil-doer.

What's wrong with me lately? Having too much of :drunk: or what? :groan: :pp

Ok, here's the official scudetti won, from acmilan.it:

1901/02, 1906/07, 1907/08, 1950/51, 1954/55, 1956/57, 1958/59, 1961/62, 1967/68, 1978/79, 1987/88, 1991/92, 1992/93, 1993/94, 1995/96, 1998/99.

You're right, that makes a total of 16 scudetti...soon to be 17! :)

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1202885&postcount=18

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
hahahahahahahahah

:wallbang: :jester: :howler: :D:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts