• Win the WC! (in our wildest dreams!)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I asked this question before and its a part of the prediction pool but with quite a few exhibitions under our belt I wondered if the result would be any different

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I think we'll get to the last 16 but we have a good chance to go further than this. We're hard to score against and that gives us a good chance of frustrating other teams and hopefully we can take advantage of this;)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
FINAL!!! WE RULE!!! :tongue: serious

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I said that we go to the semi's and lose to one of Argentina, Italy, France and then we lose in the consolation game to another one of these top teams

O.k. who are the 2 guys who posted we'd win the WC. Give me your reasons if your serious.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
It depends on how you finish in the group. Finishing second will most likely mean a 2nd Round clash with Spain, and likely elimination, but if you finish first, Slovenia or Paraguay will probably stand in your way, and Ireland should beat both of those teams, and it could mean a possible quarter final against Italy.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm not worried about any team that we could play in the second round. I'm more worried about Germany and Cameroon. I would be extremely confident of giving Spain a serious game and am pretty certain that we would beat the other two(Paraguay and Slovenia)...

Remember how we got to the World Cup??

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I think we'll get 3rd place. We'll probably meet Italy in thq 1/4 finals and knock them out. They are an overrated side. Can't see us making it to the finals, but I reckon we'll do a Croatia.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not at all worried about Spain if thats who we meet, it'll be about time in the tourny for them to choke. If Paraguay finds themselves back in form I'd be more concerned about them, but not overly concerned and thats only if they start to play up to their potential again which they havn't since the end of S. American qualifying. (Slovenia won't there, they suck, they lost to Honduras 5-1 and could only tie China.) We would lose for sure to Argentina, they WILL be the World Champs (but Argentina are on the other side anyway). I'd give us a 35% possibility of beating France who are back in great form (but I think they are not on our road) and against Italy, well 50-50. (Italy IS on our road). Cameroon in our group concerns me big time. Germany will be close, but if we eek out a victory there in what will be a boring game we're good to go because even if we lose to Cameroon, S. Arabia shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Mise_Me_Fein said:
I think we'll get 3rd place. We'll probably meet Italy in thq 1/4 finals and knock them out. They are an overrated side.

Why are they overrated? :confused:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Italy's a great team and has a chance at winning the whole thing. I've always been a big fan of Italy, my family on my Romanian side lived in Naples for centuries and so I understand the Italian game. To one who doesn't it may apear that Italy are overrated. You know how Italy are they apear to be outplayed in many of their games, of course they arn't its just there style of absorbing a crap load of pressure and being patient about when to strike. That and Italy always starts slow and don't always play their best in friendlies. Italy's a weird team that way. What really makes Italy one of the top teams is that they can have a horrible game and still win the thing.

-------------------------------------------

Nowotny is injured and won't make the WC. That is a huge blow for Germany, he's probably their best player after Scholl and Effenberg who probably won't be going either. Germany are fighters but this is too much, they had an aging troubled team to begin with. So I'm not bothered at all by Germany anymore, we might even be able to beat them 2 or 3 nothing like Portugal did in the Euro's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts