Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give me your best bids...

You might as well try to predict Sweden's success in "Japoera"..

I think Denmark has to win the group in order to proceed from the 1/8-finals. We can't beat Argentina - Sweden, Nigeria or England we'll be able to beat.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Sweden will fall out in the first round... :)

Denmark will fall out in the second round. You may go further if you get an "easy" opponent in the second round.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think we have a great team which could be the big suprise in this world cup. But for this to happen the players really need to get in maximum shape and generally get the most out of their talent. Also injurys to the likes of Graversen, Henriksen and Laursen would be a disaster!

Judging by our players talents I would say that a quarterfinal is a realistic target, but since we seem to meet Argentina in the 1/16( :( ) i think thats were it will end:(

IF we get through Argentina or somehow manage to get the first spot in the group then it really is imposible to tell, cuz such a situation would really give the players a lot of confidence and the teamspirit would probably rise to the most imaginable. If this were to happen i think we could beat anyone.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You may go further if you get an "easy" opponent in the second round.
We will not get an easy opponent. It will either be Argentina, England, Nigeria or Sweden and that deffinately doesn't sound easy...

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
These are indeed hard opponents but I just hope we won't have to meet Argentina. We can do to Nigeria like we did four years ago, :) Sweden would be a 50-50% and I actually think we would have a fair chance against England. I think they are overrated and they have quite a few injuries and doubtful players.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Sweden will go down in the first round.

Denmark have their best team since 1986, it is just really bad luck that they were drawn in the 2'nd worst group and even have to play against a team from the worst group if they reach the 1/16 final.

Well we don't need to analyze France, they stink :cool: :cool:

Uruguay has a very strong team, their defense is amazin, 14 goal were scored against the in 20 WC-qualification matches (including the OZ-matches). Their offensive is certainly very strong to; Silva, Recoba, the football-nomad Sebastian Abreu and my favorit Uruguayan player Magallanes. Well I do think that Uruguay has a stronger squad than the Danes, but still Denmark has a chance of reaching the 1/16 final. I have to admit that I don't know that much about Senegal, but reaching the final og the African nations cup speaks for it self.

If Denmark don't have to face Argentina in the 1/16 final then I think they have a fairly good chance against England or Nigeria.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Denmark have a verey strong team and should be able do advance to the second round.
Only weak spot i see is the crappy goalkeeper of Sorenson.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I am still mad that Niemi or Jääskeläinen weren't chosen into the Nordic dream team. Finland has by far the best goalkeepers from the Scandinavian countries. Peter Enckelman is also #1 at Aston Villa. We are three good keepers both of which were chosen best in Scotland & EPL. Teuvo Moilanen is the #1 for 1st division Preston North End.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Gollum said:
Only weak spot i see is the crappy goalkeeper of Sorenson.
Gollum I really don't follow you here:wth:

...is Gandalf much better then:rolleyes:?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great to hear that you guys in general are optimistic.. I hope AND think we'll do better than in Euro 2000 - I think any other coach than Bosse Johansson would have been buthered in the media with results like that...
Big difference this time is that all players seem fit (don't know what Bosse were thinking picking so many injured key players for Euro 2000).

I do think that if Denmark proceed to the 2nd round and meets Nigeria, Sweden or England we'll go far in this tournament... I just fear Argentina (my favourite for the title)...
The teams I care about when Denmark isn't there has always been Argentina and Holland. Brazil ´82 was brilliant too - I wasn't that fond of or impressed by Brazil ´94.

Which teams do you follow more closely when your OWN team are out? (I like Argentina and Holland as stated above)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I dont have any certain teams I follow, when Denmark isn't there. But I do have soft spots! I have soft spots for Italy and especially Spain. I had a soft spot for Holland once, but not since Euro 2000.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Other than Denmark i really like Argentina and Italy. These 2 teams have so many profiles and i think that they, along with France, are the favotites for the titel

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
If Denmark don't win....:angel:, I'll be hoping for Spain to conquer. Else one of Brazil or Argentina, just as long as France and Italy don't win, I wouldn't be happy with that.

Daniel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts