Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Group Stage

Votes: 5 38.5%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far will Benfica go in next seasons Champions Leage?

·
Administrator
25,465 Posts
its a bit early yet...as things are currently, we cant yet be sure we will be in CL;)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm pretty sure we'll atleast finish second if not first and second now gets a direct trip to the group stage.

·
Administrator
25,465 Posts
im very hopefull we will win, but the truth is that as it is, currently, we can end up 3rd, and if sporting doesnt win the uefa cup, we may be going to CL qualifying like last year

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
inacio said:
im very hopefull we will win, but the truth is that as it is, currently, we can end up 3rd, and if sporting doesnt win the uefa cup, we may be going to CL qualifying like last year
WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE, INACIO!!! :stuckup:

·
Administrator
25,465 Posts
good, good:D

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Guess I'm being optimistic, when I say quarter-final, but why not ... if we will make it there, we'll make it anywhere! ;) :D

·
Administrator
25,465 Posts
i was a bit more optimistic...with the new milennium...bella guttman is in debt to us:D

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
inacio said:
i was a bit more optimistic...with the new milennium...bella guttman is in debt to us:D
Hopefully :eek: we have suffered for a long time, now ... if the spell still isn't over we have to become more drastic and dig up his bones! :mad: ;) :D

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
With our coefficient, we will probably be placed in the 4th pot.
I think that it will be the year 0 for Benfica in Europe. We are about the become champions after 11 years, and our finances will start to suffer a significant boost.
Benfica has to start making the best out of the available resources (14 million fans) and to slowly establish in the CL.
We are by far the biggest club in Portugal, so let's start being the best portuguese club in Europe.

Edit: I think we can make it past the group stage, but with the lack of experience, i don't think we can go very far.

·
Administrator
25,465 Posts
in the end it will all depend on which players will we actually be keeping for next season , and which ones will we eventually buy .......and of coz which group would we end up in...some groups may be so tough, that we might end up last ...

either way, we have some catch up to do:D

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
Hopefully very far.

Benfica should be back on top of Portugal and competing in Europe regularly, where they belong. :stuckup: :stuckup: :thumbsup:
:proud: :star: :)

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I think it's looking a bit more like another season of the UEFA Cup, Braga and Porto may even come out ahead of Benfica.

·
Administrator
25,465 Posts
wow , we are "eventually" tied on top with sporting, and all of a sudden we are already behind braga looking for a uefa cup place...if we luky right?;) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
porto will most certainly get the 9 points. i believe that benfica won't lose to sporting so I think porto have the most chances from the three candidates.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Porto entered the title race, but i don't think they can make 9 points out of 3 games, even though i recognize that all 3 of them are "relatively" easy.
The problem is that a win against Sporting is not enough to secure the title. We will most likely have to win both games, and that won't be an easy task.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Porto have just dropped two points, drawing to Moreirense. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts