Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are struggling!!!!

I mean we can't even beat South Korea.

BUT, i really think that we will do good in EURO!!!
The team is not fully organised, fully prepared, pumped up and JUST NOT FEELING THE PRESURE!!!

THEY ARE PLAYING LIKE THIS BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT THIS TOURNAMENT IN ASIA IS NOTHING TO THEM!!!

Trust me we will do good in Belgium and Holland

Anyway is isn't our real team

BOSKOV IS JUST TRYING OUT SOMETHING BY PUTTING IN THE UNLIKELY STARTING 11.

LETS JUST HOPE WHAT I AM SAYING IS RIGHT!!!!

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
I think you guys better pray that Spain chokes at Euro2000 like they did at Wc98. I have a feeling that Norway will upset Spain just like they did to Brazil at Wc98. Your success depends on the game agaisnt Spain. If you win it you will qualify for the quarters. If you tie, you are in tough against Norway. I think Yugo's progression will stop as far as the Dutch or France which are likely to escape their group.

Good luck.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still think we'll walk out of EURO2000 European champions.

We did not play perticularly well in the last two matches, but I agree with you Stojkovic, the players know that these games mean nothing.

My prediction for the next two games...Yugo 2-0 Korea, Yugo 3-1 Hong Kong...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wouldnt mind getting Holland in the QF... avenge that WC loss :)

I think we'll go alright @ euro, regardless of these results... its not that easy to beat every team 4-0 or whatever (note: Korea lost 1-2 to Brazil last time they played, having been in the lead for 75, 80mins)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
My prediction since very long is that Yugoslavia will WIN EURO 2000. They will beat Sweden in the final. Don't worry about the rest - they shall choke, when it really matters. I'm afraid Yugo have the tuffest group ion EURO 2000, well maybe only D is tuffer :), and it is very hard to say what will happen, but I'll go with España and Yugoslavia and Yugo then going on to win it! Top goalscorer will be Predrag "Pedja" Mijatovic :D! Yes!

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehehehe labas man u love Mijatovic!!!
well i hope yer right what you said!!!
Labas r u Romanian?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We will have it hard, we will struggle, but we will come through, and no I cant say we will become champions, because I dont know that we will, but what I know is ...
that we will beat SLOVENIA! haha

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope your right King_11 becasue we barely beat Iran and USA and Slovenia is better then both of those teams in my opinion so we shall wait and see.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yugoslavia will choke against Slovenia. I guarantee it. If they get lucky they might pull a 1-0 win over them... It's a thing that always happens with "low" teams. [No offense meant to Slovenians] Like in WC98, against Iran, I bet all the players and even I thought they could nail the suckers 3-0 EASY but they barely walked away with a 1-0 win. Then they got to Germany who is a past World/Euro champ and the players knew they would have to play tough and they led the game 2-0. Same low score vs USA, then almost a 2-1 lead on the dutch. Oh, if only they let Mihajlovic take that penalty...

Anyways, to answer the question of the topic, I think if Yugoslavia get out of the first round, they will win the tournament.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okej people, I've been thinking about this long and hard, and I am sooooooo fed up with the slack performances by Yugo. I don't mean that by the score lines against China and S. Korea, just the level of play that we are putting in, they are both tough little nations, but our guys just ain't putting in the hard work, they have no will or motivation what so ever, and I'm not happy with it.

What will let us down is that we don't play like a team, that's the difference between us and leading nations...We have just as much (if not more) talent than most nations, but all our guys are trying to be the heros...They need to realise that it's a TEAM sport and it can't be won by one player, no matter how specail he may be.

Until we sort that out, and the fact that we slack of against :EASY: nations we have no hope at all, because that's what fakt us up BAD in WC98, if we had of played with full might against Iran and USA, we would have been top of the group and only God knows how useful that would have been...Arrrrrrrgh

Come on guys...At this rate a 2nd round birth would be a success story for us...Let's face it :(

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.crvenazvezda.is-here.net/

www.dejanstankovic.co.yu
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.crvenazvezda.is-here.net/

www.dejanstankovic.co.yu
</A>

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Yeah, against the small teams we "lack motivation", and against the big ones we choke... :(
I am really fed up of waiting for our team to wake up and start playing as they should and could. It's always: " It will be better next time. Now they are going to be motivated..."..
But yet that motivation never seems to kick in. And it will be no surprise whatsoever to me if we sc*ew up again. :(

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Supposing you'll pass the Group stage (either 1st, or 2nd), to go beyond you need to eliminate one of Holland or France in the QF's (according to the program).
Think you can manage? If not, bye bye Euro.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Before the Asian tour I thought that we were going into Euro with one of the Best strike forces that could score through any team but If they cannot even score 1 agianst S.Korea then we are in serious trouble.
I remember reading not to long ago some of our players being quoted as saying things like "We will die out on the field if we have to" and "We will play with all our hearts".
Well we shall see becasue for a team with such talent they should be scoring goals.
Before the World Cup we beat S.Korea 3-1 and I think that S.Korea is better now but our coach is saying we are going to win Euro.I think that the path to the final of Euro is going to be a little bit thougher then the asian tour we are on.

[This message has been edited by Mijatovic (edited 31-05-2000).]

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Well said Mrs. Stankovic! I am reffering specifically to the team work part. I just posted the same thing about your country in the Eastern Forum under bookmaker's topic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts