Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we can make it to the 1/4 finals. If we win the group of get second place we'll have maybe Spain or Slovienia. I think we'd beat both of them. Spain never live up to their potential in WCs.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I agree that we could go to the quater finals, although I see Spain and Paraguay as more likely oponents. Yeah I agree on the whole Spain thing, it would be about that time in the tournament that they would choke ;) you can pretty much set your watch to it :)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Yeah, 1/4 Finals will br great. No less...:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Winning the group is by no means out of our reach. We match up well with the current German squad.

Having watched Cameroon in the African Nations over the past week, they haven't impressed on many levels, especially up front.

Spain or Paraguay seem the likely opponents at the second stage, and honestly, we could beat either one.

If we were to make it to the quarters, we could end up with Portugal or our old friends, the Italians. And history does have a habit of repeating itself.

REVENGE FOR SCHILLACI!

·
Registered
547 Posts
we're going to win it...

I hope we keep playing the big teams because we always prevent them from playing well.

I'm more worried about Cameroon than Germany. I think we will reach the quarters and maybe the semis if our front players are on form...
I just hope Roy Keane doesn't get sent off early in the competition and get banned for a few games.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I agree we are giant killers arn't we. We really really step it up against the bigs teams. And yes I agree Cameroon is a greater concern, they have a great talented young team.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
They sure do, it will be a great game against them. June 1st, Match 2, Niigata Stadium! It will be great!:tongue:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts