Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before and after games?

When I am to play a football game I am usually quite exited and feel good. I always look forward to games, regardless of prospects. Like right now as I have a game in 4 hours, I feel "pumped up".

Now after the games on the other hand is dependant on result, but also partly on my own performance. A good result and even moreso a good result where I played good will keep me happy for days, while a bad one may almost make me go into a depression.

Is your mood affected by results/games?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
yeah it sure is i am also pumped before. after if i win and play well im happy untill the next game. if i lose and play poorly im sick for that day and the next.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
This isn't to say that I dont try hard, and i'm one of the most passionate footballers around but...

before a game, i'm usually a bit nervous and often i wish i didnt have to play that day.

(once the game starts, i forgot all that and give it absolutely everything i've got though)

a good game will keep me in a good mood for quite a while, but i am usually able to get over a loss pretty fast (unless it is a SF or Final loss etc)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Yeah, not so much these days though, I just play pub football for fun really, though I still don't like losing, but 3 hours after the final whistle, I'm usually drunk as a skunk though, so all is forgotten ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
I always try and get in "the Zone" so i can come on to the playing field with the uptmost focus and not lack in mental toughness. I like to listen to music just like the players before a game especially something that gets me focused some Massive Attack usually does it for me.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
well i'm your best friend off the pitch but on the pitch im ultra competitive, i shout, swear, scream, order, direct, it brings out another side to me, but the guys i play with are about the same. that's why we get really competitive games.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
arfy05 said:
well i'm your best friend off the pitch but on the pitch im ultra competitive, i shout, swear, scream, order, direct, it brings out another side to me, but the guys i play with are about the same. that's why we get really competitive games.
:pp I'm imagening you during games.
arfy: MAKE THAT PENALTY OR I'LL SHOOT YOU!!!
arfy: IF YOU DON'T PASS THE BALL NEXT TIME I'LL CUT YOUR BALLS OFF!!!
arfy: YOU SON OF A ***** THAT WAS AN OPEN SHOT!!!MY GRANMA WOULD OF MADE IT!
arfy: COACH YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT!I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LET ANDY PLAY AND I'M SITTING ON THE BENCH NEXT TO 'STINKY PIT'.
Pit tries to tap arfy on the back.
arfy: DON'T TOUCH ME A$$HOLE!!

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
I amble onto the pitch, say nothing and don't get at all psyched up but as soon as that whistle goes I switch into win mode. I aim to win my prsonal battles on the pitch, hate anybody getting the better of me. That's why I faked a birth certificate and play under 12's.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
arfy05 said:
That is me 100 % . sometimes ive been known to take it a tad to far

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I'm usually a bit nervous before games but when the game starts i just get into the flow of the game.

I get really competitive but i don't scream at my teamates but rather i argue with the defender marking me. If we win, i'm obviously happy. If we lose, i'm usually extremely pissed and don't want anyone talking to me for a few hours. I remember we lost a game 4-2 for school(Our last game of the season and our defense sucked so bad) and even though i scored and assisted my friend adis, i still wasn't happy with my perormance and the teams so after the game, one of the players from the opposite team walks by me and says "Good game Number 11" and i responded with "**** off" lol. I also drew a PK but my teamate peter missed it. Not an excuse....:pp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts