Xtratime Community banner

How do you think the asian teams will do in the WC?

359 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  serghe 
#1 ·
Will the asian teams continue the amazing progress they had in the last World Cup? Wil teams like South Korea and Japan do good again?
And how do you guys rate Irans and Saudi Arabias chances in this tournament.

I personally feel that South Korea and Japan have been playing well after the World Cup and should continue their progress, especially due to the fact that there are many more players from these countries in Europe nowadays and they have played with some of the greats and gain valuable knowledge.

Iran has perhaps the best chances, they have ended up in an easier group than their asian nemesis, and will have fairly good chances to qualify from the group.

Saudi Arabia should have problems in my opinion. They are in a tough group with Spain, Ukraine and Tunisia (possibly the best team in Africa) and shoud have difficulties in qualifying to the next phase..

#2 ·
Without the massive home support and dodgy refs, theres no chance in hell that Korea and Japan will do as well.
Korea might make it to the last 16, Japan wouldnt make it out of the group stage after getting smashed 3-0 by Australia, Iran and Saudi Arabia are in tough groups and have no chance. Australia to make the quarters.

#4 ·
Japan and Aus have a tough group, but hopefully one of them will edge Croatia.

I do not see the Saudis

Korea and Iran have a realistic chance if Korea beat the Swiss, and Iran beat Mexico.

Focusing on Iran, if we get past the group, we must play the winner or running of Argentina, Holland, Serbia group. So round 16 and out for us I think. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.