Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do U think about ASIA soccer ?

I want to know how do you think asian football.
I think korea is best asian team.
How about U ?

Let's talk about Korea,Japan,Iran,Soudi and so on ..

[Edited by Hwang18 on 04-07-2000 at 13:49]

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
last time i watched s.Korea playing was in Iran friendly torniment, a month ago when they beat Eygpt with a lovely goal.

in Asia sKorea is one of the top teams along with Iran , saudi, japan, kuwait..

but to be honest to win Asia 2000 will be very difficult especially that histroy says no eastern Asian country comes to the west Asia and walks away with the cup. the comptetion will be between 5 teams Korea, Japan , Kuwait and Iran. Saudi are facing lots of problems there are rumors that they might sack their coach but saudi is always big when real time comes. I guess these teams are my favourties but Iran should go all the way.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
They are gona have it tuft as usual. Korea one( (downgrade from the) best team in the far east. I just wish they'd done what Japan is doing now in the 80's when korea started its league. Aside from Japan and Korea everybody else in the far east is a joke (maybe not mainland China). The middle east is stronger and their playing at home, as if things aren't bad enough for Korea. I wish korea had proven players at the top level.
My prediction for Korea is quarterfinals or semifinals in Asia 2000.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I think that the Next Asian Cup will be between Iran, Japan and Kuwait.
Saudi Arabia may qualify for just the second round as well as South Korea.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's pretty hard for East Asian teams to go to West Asia and play matches...it's an advantage for the Saudis, Iranians, etc.

It's always going to be the big four Korea, Iran, Japan, and Saudi Arabia fighting for the top spots, but I think Kuwait and UAE are not too far behind, and China is closing the gap. Thailand seems to be getting better, but they haven't proven anything outside the regional (that is, SE Asia) level, although they did have some convincing victories over Estonia and Finland (3-0 and 5-1 respectively).

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish South Korea well in the 2002 World Cup, but which ever group they'll be in, realistically speaking I can't see them progressing out of their group, unless theyr'e in a real simple group like Group C in WC 98. :)

This Asia 2000 championships isn't really going to test the SOuth Korean team. They must organise more of thise 4 nation tournaments, like the ones which invovled Belgium and Croatia, but then there is a possibility that those team may not send their strongest teams to the Far East. :(

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why doesn't Korea go to Europe then?

I'm sure a lot of European teams will be willing to play Korea as a warm up match before the qualifying tournament.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts