Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What signs give you the impression that a player is Milan quality?Is it his technique,the way he reads the play,consistency,the way he performs in the big games?what do you think?

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
I think that hard working is the biggest quality of our players, nobody takes anything for granted
As for Milan quality, don't get too cocky schumy. :)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bernmilan1 said:
I think that hard working is the biggest quality of our players, nobody takes anything for granted
As for Milan quality, don't get too cocky schumy. :)
No I'm not,I'm just saying not any player can represent Milan and succeed.you have to possess those qualities that really stand out in the big games and prove consistency with your football.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Depends on what you mean by quality. Players like Sheva & Kaka have different qualities to say a Gattuso or Ambrosini. So long every player fights with great pride and honor for the Devilhood with every drop of their blood, sweat, tear, they are more than welcome at Milan :stuckup: :devil: :proud:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bernmilan1 said:
well, it seems like you figured it out by yourself
Yeah but I'm asking the Milanisti on what they think. ;)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
We don't know if a Milan player is Milan quality when he joins or starts for us. His performances determine that. :devil:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Usually the first 5 minutes of a players first game in Red&Black :shades: determines wether he's Milan material or not :stuckup: Usually it works out :stuckup:

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I think any player with some qualities is good enough to start playing for Milan, no one can tell whether he will be fit for a king or fit for nothing :rollani:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
It's so much more than mere quality. IF it was all down to technique and skill, then guys like Kluivert and Davids and Viera and Redondo and even Rui Costa would have worked out better. Its also opportunity and mixing with what we have and having a foundation set up so that new players fit in and are not expected to make the system themselves. That last bit refers to the horrible experiment of 97-98 when we brought in all those players and none of them worked out.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Dae said:
Its also opportunity and mixing with what we have and having a foundation set up so that new players fit in and are not expected to make the system themselves. That last bit refers to the horrible experiment of 97-98 when we brought in all those players and none of them worked out.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
leoshev said:
Kutuzov looked pretty good in his first 5 minutes...;)
Believe me, the first 5 minutes are important :stuckup:

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Dae said:
Its also opportunity and mixing with what we have and having a foundation set up so that new players fit in and are not expected to make the system themselves.
yeah, absolutely correct, but can you tell whether someone will fit in or not?

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
luba said:
yeah, absolutely correct, but can you tell whether someone will fit in or not?

Not to a 100% accuracy. However, if you acquire players to fill needs and future needs (scouting and grooming talent) then you avoid the splashing of money merely to acquire names for spots that are filled (Rivaldo, Redondo etc..). I'd much rather see us spend 8 million on a Kaka (a player for now and the future and who was not a huge signing) than spending a fortune on players with shorter futures.

But no, in the end, predicting success at your club is often merely crossing your fingers and hoping. However, with a plan and a system and then finding players to fill the needs of the plan you can eliminate a lot of the needless buys and pointless failures.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
leoshev said:
Kutuzov looked pretty good in his first 5 minutes...;)

Kutuzov was an impulse buy. It was not the result of scouting. Teh same thing happens when a team plays some south american club in a pre-season tourney and Diego Rodriguez Simplicio happens to net a really great goal and the manangement decides to buy him for a couple million. Those buys almost NEVER pan out. That's not scouting...it's more a "Me First!!" and buying some one-shot kid before Juventus does.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dae said:
It's so much more than mere quality. IF it was all down to technique and skill, then guys like Kluivert and Davids and Viera and Redondo and even Rui Costa would have worked out better. Its also opportunity and mixing with what we have and having a foundation set up so that new players fit in and are not expected to make the system themselves. That last bit refers to the horrible experiment of 97-98 when we brought in all those players and none of them worked out.
Yes dae I agree,those duds we bought in that period were just a joke.I mean C'mon Jose mari,Chamot,Pablo garcia etc were all bunnies and so overrated.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
There is one important aspect of this issue - if s.o. is not Milan quality, doesnt mean in 1 00% of all cases that he wont fit teh team. Best example is Bierhoff. I still think he has never been player for our team, but his goals brought the 99 Scudetto. May be similar is Gatuso - he compensates with hard work and passion.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Gattuso has the workrate that has been essential in the pressing game that Sacchi, Capello and Ancelotti emply. He's totally rossonero.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts