Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man, i am so frigging good at penalties! seriously i can make 99/100! my technique is quite simple, but you need good vision and a long run-up. as i run up to kick it, i keep my head aimed at the ball, but my eyes at the keeper. he doesnt notice though. if he makes an anticipation move, i can see it early and go the other way. if he doesnt, i slam it in the bottom right corner. works like a charm, never missed in practice or in a game wit this technique. How do you guys take yours????

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I remember in the finals of my championship, I took the penalty and the goalkeeper blocked it but I ran for the rebounce of the goal and shot it right in. :dielaugh:

:jester:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
That's some good advice there but myself it's better that i don't relax to much because if i do i will miss the penalty for sure, i don't like taking penaltys that much to be honest because too much pressure and spotlight for the momment, quite simply i don't know how the proffessionals can put up with all that pressure especially in the World Cup like in 98 between France and Italia. :eek:

Anyways, my team Brazil won in penaltys in 94 during the World Cup finals, trust me i'd do way worst then Roby Baggio did. :D

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
My technique involves no run up, just one step, look at the keeper, go to put it one way, and then just totally hit it in the other direction. You need to look at the keeper, just in case he sees what ya trying to do.

Whatever way you take penalties, you need to do what Klosstefan1 said, basically remain calm, and dont hesistate. Commit to what you're going to do. Of course, it's easier said than done.;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
My penaltys are not guarenteed to say the least but i can sure tell you that i am a big time player when the game's are close so even if i miss it, that means i am sure to knock in a hattrick in the next 5 minutes out of anger! :tongue:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts