Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think that Liverpool are on the right track?Are there so many problems at Anfield are you full of optimism or are you rather sceptyical?Let us hear your thoughts on the pool's future. :)

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I'm very optimistic.

When we get everyone back and a few new signings (good quality like the Alonso and Moro deals) under the guidance of Rafa I'm confident we can challenge for the title.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gees SM is the only one showing optimism for the pool,scary! :D :pp

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
just a cuople of signings like SM say and the return of our injure players and we should chalenge even for the Champions League. ;)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's cool guys,I was only stirring.all the best.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The future is Red..........................................

..........................................it's Man United Red

Liverpool should concentrate on learning how to beat Brum (or at least try and get a draw out of them).

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
zack_manutd said:

Liverpool should concentrate on learning how to beat Brum (or at least try and get a draw out of them).
No worrys we've got plenty of time to learn becaouse you're not going to catch us up for a long time in terms of trophies. Forever in our shadows 18:4

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
zack_manutd said:

As how you should concentrate on learning how to win more than 1 European Cup.

:)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Schumy said:
Gees SM is the only one showing optimism for the pool,scary! :D :pp
hmm..missed this thread earlier

optimistic ? no doubt. many mistakes; lots of bad luck with injuries; inconsistent performance all season; but i feel we're still heading in the right direction. don't kid yourselves though, it could get worse before it gets better; changes will have to be made to compete for the top.

and i think it is fair to excuse this season as a transition period for the new management, and think it unfair to lose faith in them so early in their efforts.

cheers

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Schumy said:
Do you think that Liverpool are on the right track?Are there so many problems at Anfield are you full of optimism or are you rather sceptyical?Let us hear your thoughts on the pool's future. :)
Actually, it can be only better in the future ;).

No, without joking, hopefully with less foreigners representing our team, and with good fresh attacking football... but don't see this happen in the near future with Rafa, hopefully on the long term...

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Personally, I don't see the basis for the optimism the Liverpool fans seem to give off here. I hope you do well though. :)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Spoken like a true wagon hopping ex LFC fan.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Kirkland
Gerrard
Alonso
Garcia
Kewell
Cisse
Baros
Smicer

All have been injured for a decent period of time, or, are still injured. With the exception of Kirkland that's the majority of our creative/attacking players meaning the club has had to get by with a patchwork attack made up of bit part players, youth players and fill-ins.

No suprise we're where we are now.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Let me tell u something: i'm not a Liverpool fan (at all) but i think that Nando is gonna be a figure important there and he's going to get goals for Liverpool and Baros too.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IMO Kewell has been somewhat missed this season and is a class act,Morientes in good time can also contribute quite well.There may be a bit of work still but in due time things can get going. :)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
Theyve won 2
ehhe, actually i wanted to type winning more than 1 cup in a few years. But i forgot in how many years did we win our last 3 and sort of lost the momentum of posting the reply.

Then i accidentally pressed the send button and was too lazy to edit the reply.

Sorry for making meself look fooilsh lads. ;)

But 2 in 30 years?

Great.

You guys got a decade of glory, when we have the glory days since the late 70s up to '91.

You Mancs will be wishing for these good times again in the next 5 years.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Schumy said:
IMO Kewell has been somewhat missed this season and is a class act,Morientes in good time can also contribute quite well.There may be a bit of work still but in due time things can get going. :)
he was slowly gaining his form back before he was injured again. Somewhat is a correct assessment, anything more I would be skeptical, but when Harry is on form he is great. Come back soon Harry!

·
Registered
10 Posts
karrmadamaii said:
As how you should concentrate on learning how to win more than 1 European Cup.

:)
You should concentrate on knowing what you are talking about, before you type it?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts