·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Compare to the last ones (94,98).

·
Registered
470 Posts
Much much much much better that last three finals. :) Not as classical than 1986, 1974, 1970, 1966, 1958 etc. though. ;)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I think it was a great final. Two teams who both wanted to play some good football and that's simply what made it so great. Of course also the goals from the lost boy, Ronaldo. But I think the fact that both teams were very positive minded up to this match and in it made it very attractive to watch.

A truely great final with a great winner and a great loser :strong::star:!

Compared to '94 and '98. Well I think it was better than last year and also way better than the one in the States. Why? Well because of what I already wrote ;).

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
A better final than the last three. Certainly much better than the last final Germany played ( italia '90 :yuck: ).

Great play by germany. But the worthy winners got the trophy. :cool:

·
Registered
461 Posts
this final was really good...france '98 was good also...but this 1 was better...'94 was boring...till the shootout

·
Registered
88 Posts
I thought Germany was going to play their predictable set pieces via air to header tactics. The Germans played a very good game, but the day belonged to Brasil. Defenetly the best WC final since 1986.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
I didnt even watch it !!!! :mute:
Neither one of the Teams I care for ......

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
colocolo said:
I didnt even watch it !!!! :mute:
Neither one of the Teams I care for ......
How can a fan of football not watch a World Cup final :wth:???

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Yakubu said:

How can a fan of football not watch a World Cup final :wth:???
Super Easy ..... If you dont care for neither Team...Whats the sense ???
Its like eating stale bread ..... :yuck: !!!!!

·
International
9,526 Posts
I'm glad Brazil won, but did anyone besides me think that there was a hint of a foul when Ronaldo won that ball back that led to the first goal?

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I actually agree with colo, after Spain got eliminated, i felt like the remaining games were boring and I watched the final cause it felt like i "had to".... thats the way it is when you put your hopes on one nation :(

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I agree. I was looking for a classic tounament. With Spain,Portugal,France,Italy,Argentina,Germany,Ireland,Brazil, and England to all be in the 2nd round together. Then this number would get smaller and smaller. I was hoping to see an all Portuguese speaking final with Portugal against Brazil, a repeat of Euro 2000 semis, Portugal v.s France, Argentina v.s Italy,Portugal v.s Argentina, basically I was hoping for many great possibilities for the final, and I was given only one which I didn't want.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Comparing this final with ones in 94 and 98?
Well, it's easy to answer! :)
I think it's the same since there were Brasil team on those finals!
Like we all know, everytime Brasil on a game, I think they will entertain us with their kind of magic in the field.

Too bad, the result of 98 was out of our prediction.

But the game was still almost the same... :)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
The best WC final in over 15 years!

This game was much, much better than the finals of '90, '94 and '98.

In '90 we witnessed a horrible display that can barely be called a football match.

In '94 Italy refused to attack and sat inside their area waiting for the penalties - so it was booooooooring, the only good thing was the Baresi x Romario duel, won by Baresi. Good thing Baggio wanted to advertise his book, 'A Goalmouth in the Sky', by shooting at that goalmouth. :D :howler:

And in '98 Brazil was a shadow of a team, and France won practically by WO. The French deserved their victory, but the truth is Brazil entered the pitch already defeated by Ronaldo's fit. :( It was a sad display and I was glad when it was over.

But this year...! Germany, against all odds, attacked Brazil trying to get a goal they could defend later. Vöeller attempted a 'tactical trap' that managed to corner Brazil for 25 minutes; then Scolari untied that knot by changing Gilberto's position and Brazil took over the game.:) The Germans put up a great fight, and it only made our victory much more grandiose. It was a great match between two completely different schools of football; and both teams deserve the applaud of their supporters. But there could be only one winner. :proud: And as good as Kahn was, he couldn't carry Germany by himself. It was a superb match. :cap: :smileani:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Very high! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i rate this finfal good, apart from the goals.
congrats to brazil, but IF the goals were with better style, this world cup final would of been really good.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
It was much better than 94 and 98.....i mean i couldnt even watch the whole final games in 94 and 98, i fell asleep....they were that boring....:(

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
i rate this finfal good, apart from the goals.
congrats to brazil, but IF the goals were with better style, this world cup final would of been really good.
man what else do u want the second goal had magic written all over, Kleverson running from the right flank, Cafu goes in wanted him to pass, he saw Rivaldo, then passed, Rivaldo let the ball pass between his leg and then Ronaldo stop it make a move,
look at Kahn, (Kahn prayed real fast :angel: ) and Ronaldo scored.

Great Goal
The final was perfect, unless you were supporting Germany :tongue:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
this Final game more exciting than every final before,.....:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts