Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that everybody always talks about his goal against Juventus, but other than that, was he still considered a great player with Real Madrid?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,390 Posts
Serb said:
I know that everybody always talks about his goal against Juventus, but other than that, was he still considered a great player with Real Madrid?
with That goal he ll be remember more than anything Ronaldo has done in Madrid since the day he came here. As Hala said a legend in my books not just for the score but how cool he was when scored, the game was so close that One gol was enough for any of the team, We ll be always thankfull for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did he play as a real striker for Madrid, or more of a "forward" type?
 

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
20,440 Posts
very true. a legend :proud:. whan you watch videos from games he played with us, ...he was an absolute genious. Although always rated as a striker, he could also play in creative midfield and was superb there. His understanding with Raul but especially with Seedorf was amazing. He could well anticipate and had a great overview of the game.

but that goal topped everything and was the highlight of his career. im sure if he comes to the bernabeu today he will get a standing ovation :angel:.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
A good player... a stupid arrogant and I'll stop before I say stupid things that I'll regret. :mute:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Koeman4 said:
A good player... a stupid arrogant and I'll stop before I say stupid things that I'll regret. :mute:
No, go ahead, let it all out...
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Serb said:
No, go ahead, let it all out...
No, I better shut up in this, especially in this forum... Mijatovic was a fantastic player. Probably, one of the best players of the last 15 years, but he spent too much time in Valencia, when that club wasn't as big as it is now. If he had played in Madrid being younger, he would have been as highly considered as Savicevic. As a person, he was a liar, a damn arrogant, very stupid, lacked class and was a provoker... the most similar thing I've seen to Figo, but his case was less famous out of Spain. Anyway, that's how he paid Valencia for all they did for his daughter. A "thankful" person. Imbecil. I hate him, not for being madridista, just for being how he is. And that's the nicest I can say about him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,221 Posts
Koeman4 said:
No, I better shut up in this, especially in this forum... Mijatovic was a fantastic player. Probably, one of the best players of the last 15 years, but he spent too much time in Valencia, when that club wasn't as big as it is now. If he had played in Madrid being younger, he would have been as highly considered as Savicevic. As a person, he was a liar, a damn arrogant, very stupid, lacked class and was a provoker... the most similar thing I've seen to Figo, but his case was less famous out of Spain. Anyway, that's how he paid Valencia for all they did for his daughter. A "thankful" person. Imbecil. I hate him, not for being madridista, just for being how he is. And that's the nicest I can say about him.
Who really cares about his personal life? Man what a soap. Most important thing is what he does on the field... does he win trophies in his personal life? NO. That's a different game altogether. Ok he might've not been the nicest personality off the football field, but take a look at Maradona, he was so arrogant his shit was valuable. But you don't hear everyone going on about his off-field antics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Koeman4 said:
No, I better shut up in this, especially in this forum... Mijatovic was a fantastic player. Probably, one of the best players of the last 15 years, but he spent too much time in Valencia, when that club wasn't as big as it is now. If he had played in Madrid being younger, he would have been as highly considered as Savicevic. As a person, he was a liar, a damn arrogant, very stupid, lacked class and was a provoker... the most similar thing I've seen to Figo, but his case was less famous out of Spain. Anyway, that's how he paid Valencia for all they did for his daughter. A "thankful" person. Imbecil. I hate him, not for being madridista, just for being how he is. And that's the nicest I can say about him.
u know what they say, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62,100 Posts
A player full of tremendous football.

A true legend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
A legend. One of the better support strikers of his time.


On a sidenote, was it he who was involved in that nasty spitting incident with Seedorf?

Got to refresh my memory here...


BTW, like Alter Ego mentioned, he did a whole lot more for the team than that joke of a pig called Ronaldo.
 

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
Joined
·
2,008 Posts
Serb said:
I know that everybody always talks about his goal against Juventus, but other than that, was he still considered a great player with Real Madrid?
Superbly skilled, he tuned almost immediately with the club's atmosphere and the with the fans. He knew exactly what was expected from him.
On his debit, after his goal against Juve, eventually he was defeated by tons of hair gel on his head.
Even without his Amsterdam goal, he would be remembered as a great player.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,343 Posts
A player we need right now
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top