Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Certain players remind me of objects. For example, Vincent Kompany makes me think of a large bird's foot. D'Allesandro makes me think of a green leaf and a pair of coconuts. Take that for what it's worth.

·
Registered
788 Posts
lol Faìsal is going to kick you for that Ampersand.

I haven't seen him play, so I can't tell you what I think of him.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Il Messiah said:
How do you rate D´Alessandro??
He's good but when he was young I thought he would be better. Maybe like kaka.

I was wrong. :neutral:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
D'Alessandro had a great first half of the season, but I haven't been able to see any Bundesliga action since. He looks like he could do well, but like every other player in Germany he will be fed to Bayern at a later date.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
ampersand said:
a 'recoba' type of player, great on his day but far too inconsistent

I've seen this guy since he was in River plate, A talent but the same sort of talent level as a Joe Cole for example (though both can get better)

Not in Recoba's league, Recoba playing week in week out for Wolfsburg would be far from 'inconsistent'. Especially in his prime. They'd make a statue of him outside their staduim or something.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
When I saw him in the Olympics he played some great football. Often were the best player on the pitch, although Teves got all the headlines.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Interista said:
Is anybody in Chino's league, Faisal?

Listen man, If you talk about really great supertalents then its ok but D'Alessandro ain't in Recoba's class

I can't belive I even have to justify myself.

For me its like when someone compares Luis Fabiano to a Ronaldo or Adriano

·
Registered
219 Posts
Very highly - there's nothing better in football than a left-footed guy from South America who wears that number 10 (either literally or in his heart).

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
yes, el chino is better, i meant d'alessandro is in his mold, a lefty silky talent from the rio de la plata...

Faisal said:
Listen man, If you talk about really great supertalents then its ok but D'Alessandro ain't in Recoba's class

I can't belive I even have to justify myself.

For me its like when someone compares Luis Fabiano to a Ronaldo or Adriano

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
D'Alessndro is also the worst penalty taker in the world.. He couldnt score if his life depended on it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
He had huge potential and was scouted by the biggest clubs in the world and he decided to go to Bundesliga!!!!! idiot!!!!!! he is a very giffted player and i think he can still make it somewhere if he gets out of Bundesliga soon!!!!!!!!

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
He has a really bad temper, that makes him not get focus many times.
Nevertheless he is very talented, but in Argentina you not only have to live to be the next Maradona, Di Stefano (to name two faumous in the World, there are tons: Alonso, Bochini, etc...). With that t-shirt number, you have to live at the expectations of being Aimar or Riquelme for instance to gain a place in the NT.
The thing is that many players like Andres may be in another country they will have more success, the competition is too much hard, and he could end in that group of: Equi Gonzalez, Ibagaza, Romagnoli (same story, sadly sold to Mexico, nothing against that Liga, but they vanish, as Morales, Castillo, Alvarez), Ludueña (idem Romagnoli), Insua, Montenegro, and worse new guys are appeaaring: Barrientos, Sosa, Agüero, and really a kid that can be huge: Messi.

The thing is that there is no huge difference between the mentioned and Aimar and Roman in the pure skills department (dribbling, shot, passing), but still there is difference with them, and mainly in the BRAIN and Personality, Roman and Aimar, had a vision, and tactical sense out of this world, so comparing him to Maradona is uselles, he will never. But is in his boots the possibility of having an Aimar, Roman level, after all the dif with for instance Ludueña (this kid is loaded but still not performing at what his skills deserve) is that Andres made it in River, and in his club in Germany he is doing well, the personality isuue is ok with him, he nwvwr will have the vision of Aimar or Roman, but yet can be a greater player, than he already is.
Is hope here, but he MUST mature.

PD: when I say Messi has EVERYTHING, not be a playmeker, even more a ****ing wild card, I mean it, this kid has a second march, a confidence, and skills out of this planet, he can really make a name of his own...

PD2: I don't get many times the potentiall issue, he already won in River, he was second in Copa America, he won in the Olympics, he is third in Bundesliga (I think), so he as many that are treated like potentiall, is more a reality, there is not much place for be the ONE, so is uselles, he just have to mantein his level till now, that's all, if he become better, well perfect, but expecting for each player to be Maradona is just not fair, is just dumb....

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Yes exactly, I've stopped listening to the comparison and try to see the players for what they are because its unrealistic to expect legends because of nationality.

Also I think CM is a problem

P.S Fangio Aguerro is that 16 year old for Indepientente? I saw him last night in some preseason thing and he looks lively though he didn't get the ball much so I have to see him more but for sure he is a prospect, I was happy to see a young player getting a chance instead of the talents being taken and wasted in some big youth system.

Sometimes starting from the bottom is better than starting from the top, For the mental side because alot of these guys are getting too much money at too young a age and it makes them lack hunger(More so here in Europe than South Amercia)

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Yes Agüero is the kid that made the assist of the game, the thing is that won't be the lasy to be eat by constant pressure, or an injure in many cases and mostly in some transfer that is nly a negociado, there are two kids that I heard wonders and kind of disappear: De Petris (never saw him, was bought by Baresi, a trial becuase he was twelve, and now, Czar told me he is in River..never saw him), and a year or a lttle more, there was akid that pair Messi in Newelle's that made the Youth NT, that man was ****ing talented, hugely, but not even starting had something of an attitude grwoing on, his name was Rodas, I can't understand that a player that has the skilss to be huge doesn't realize it, I hope someone recovers him...

What is CM?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts