Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In france a lot of people says that boumsong is the next dessailly!
Personnaly i like this player, he's very strong and powerfull, but in the europe How do you rate him?

And oleguer, i saw him play in champion's league, he don't impress me but a catalan friend say to me :"This a future star", that's right?

tchao

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Boumsong's shite :crybaby:

Seriously, he's a very good defender but not yet world-class. He has just about every raw attribute to make him world class in the next year or two though. I think he needs more CL experience, which he won't get in the near future. Still, if he can stop Newcastle leaking goals I doubt anyone will question his credentials.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, that's sure he need experience but in 2 or 3 years, i think he can become a world class defender!

Why he leave rangers?

money, or something else?

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
It might have been money. He had a clause in his contract saying he could get 10% of any future transfer fee. Rangers are just as big a club as Newcastle (if not bigger), but of course the SPL isn't of a great standard. I'd have to question the integrity of the player and his agent though.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:greed:
just money!

that's bad!

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Oleguer is turning out to be another Pavon. Had a fantastic first season with his club but then became total shite. Oleguer is definetely Barca's weak link.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
Oleguer is turning out to be another Pavon. Had a fantastic first season with his club but then became total shite. Oleguer is definetely Barca's weak link.
You took the words right out of my mouth :dielaugh:

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
deklong said:
And oleguer, i saw him play in champion's league, he don't impress me but a catalan friend say to me :"This a future star", that's right?
It seems to me your Catalan friend is a liar.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
In the past few games and most of this season , Oleguer has been pretty awful and makes the defense look very suspect ....

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok
So oleguer, is not a good player!
One question about spanish players.

Why spain products many , many top world defensive midllefield players(guardiola,xavi,helguera,bajara,mendieta,etc...) and no good center back(the last one for me was nadal, 5 or 6 years ago)?
That strange, spain school teach how to be a great marathon man, but not how to be a great defender?

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
deklong said:
ok

Why spain products many , many top world defensive midllefield players(guardiola,xavi,helguera,bajara,mendieta,etc...) and no good center back(the last one for me was nadal, 5 or 6 years ago)?
That strange, spain school teach how to be a great marathon man, but not how to be a great defender?
Puyol is the 2nd best centre back in the world atm, only behind Nesta.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
puyol is a right back but now he play in central defense?

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Both are average. Add Mexes to the list. I am highly disappointed in his gameplay and attitude. And he was supposed to be the next Laurent Blanc. :dazed:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
he's not very big(something like 1.76).That's not a problem for him?

And for mexes, he's supposed to be the next laurent blanc, but contrarily to blanc, he's a stupid guy!

In france a lot of young player,think because they are hot prospect in france they can be good in all the world!

Our best defense of all time, (france 98) was composed by player who wait for gone to the "big league", and when he play in this league, they accept to learn with an "old" defenders!
Dessailly arrived in milan at 24 or 25, thuram to parma at 24 , blanc move at 26 and liza 25.
And when dessailly arrived at milan , he accept to learn from the best(maldini, costacurta, etc).
In france a lot of young player, when they become to be great want to move now to the big club!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
oleguer has been awful this season!! :stress:
he made a lot of mistakes and he isn't sure at all!! :doh:
for puyol,he has been playing in CB position for over a year and he's a wall there even he isn't that tall!! :thmbup:

·
Registered
70,038 Posts
Oleguer is not so bad, but this season he´s average. The last season he was impressive. He needs to progress and he will become a good player for Barça, not a star.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Oleguer was more impressive last season as has been mentioned. That's perhaps why you're friend commented as he did. He'll be fine as a backup as seen as our injury problems subside.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Oleguer has been decent for most of the season. He'll probably never be anything more than a good back-up, but he is NOWHERE NEAR as bad as a lot of people make out. Particularly from our own fans, disappointingly enough. He makes one mistake and people see four. Yet others make four and people see none. :rolleyes:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
deklong said:
ok

False, Oleguer is not that bad as some of you are saying. He's not Puyol, but he's not a bad player. Maybe Barça could have a better center back, but he has enough level to play in Barcelona's first team. Maybe not as starter, but he could be a good back up. In any case, it's his 2nd year as Puyol's partner in Barcelona's defense and I would rate his performances as good.

Personally, I don't feel unsafe with him in the back... I recommend you to see Frank De Boer's matches in his last 2 or 3 seasons in Barcelona. That's an unsafe defender... even Puyol was unable to close all his mistakes.

About the Spanish central defenders. You're right. The hole left by the best Hierro, Nadal and Abelardo is really big. Puyol is a good central defender, a top class player, but Helguera is far from being a top class defender. Puyol adapted to the new position without a problem, but Helguera is a midfielder reconverted and he has never reached a great level.

I really trust in the Atlético Madrid central defender, Pablo Ibáñez. This guy is class, a really good player (and tall, as you like them). A defense with Puyol, Pablo and Del Horno sounds quite good... we still need to see another right back, since Salgado's form is poor lately.

Anyway, you're right... we have 10000 good midfielders and 3 good defenders... and whenever you want we can start to talk about the strikers. Can't Spain have a player like a top striker? I've seen many supporting strikers (Raul, Torres, Butragueño, etc.), but when a great striker? A 9?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts