Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you want to see a NT that will try to qulifay to EURO2004 with what we have now.

Or a team that will be built for Germany 2006?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Tough question to answer. Personally I think that we have really hit bottom after a few years of Nielsen so it will be very difficult for us in the 2004 qualifying. I just hope that Kashtan or whoever is named coach starts us back on the track of playing good football. If it takes a few years it is okay with me.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mideast Mirage said:
Tough question to answer. Personally I think that we have really hit bottom after a few years of Nielsen so it will be very difficult for us in the 2004 qualifying. I just hope that Kashtan or whoever is named coach starts us back on the track of playing good football. If it takes a few years it is okay with me.
The condition of the NT is not nilsen fault.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I don't mind if we get into Euro 2004 or WC 2006...

I just want to get Israel of the 32 year Jinx of not making it in any World Cup finals and to participate freely.

I don't see Euro being any different from WC, all it is, is the same teams that get into the WC all the time, minus the african countries, minus USA, Minus Saudi Arabia and Minus Brazil and Argentina. That is what truly is Euro :)

Whatever opprotunity hits us first i am sure that we will go for it!!!! :)

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
I want to see our NT bouncing back from the last qualifiers, whether we manage to get into Euro2004 is not that important, just bounce back first and have a team that is capable of qualifying to WC2006.

As for what you said Kappa, it is not quite true, you have the usual top teams in the WC and the Euros, but the smaller teams change and many of them get very far (actually France won the last WC after 2 WC's which they were absent from).

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
True, i just feel that France bounced back big time. They were the no shows in Italy and USA, and i feel they made a comeback and became a prominent figure once again.

I feel that Israel can do the same. Does anyone have FIFA rankings from 1970?? just before Mexcio '70?? :) How was Israel in the Ranking?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
ohhh bait.........

so if there was FIFA ranking in the 1970's, how would you think Israel was to be ranked with all the success they had in Asia and ofcourse with qualifying in the WC like that?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Ruven_Atar said:

The condition of the NT is not nilsen fault.
I would say that the condition of the NT is not *only* Nielsen's fault. But he does have a part in our present condition. Let's examine just a few of his "accomplishments":
1) Had the NT play with as many as *9* defensive backs and told the defenders to kick the ball to the terraces.
2) Also used the famous Nielsen 5-5 setup. Five defenders and 5 midfielders with *NO* strikers/forwards. What other NT plays like that?
3) The average NT player had no confidence in Nielsen and in fact lost confidence completely and had no idea what Nielsen wanted from them.
4) The NT was so boring and defensive that Revivo quit the team.How many good internationals do we have???
5) Nielsen did not use Shavit Elimelech even as the second goalkeeper!!! despite the fact that he had a fantastic season in Europe and is much better than Strauber.
6) Nielsen left Yossi Benayoun, the best young player in 50 years on the bench!! He barely got to play.
7) Nielsen played players out of position (defenders as midfielders, midfielders as strikers,etc.) causing total confusion in the team.
8) Nielsen decided that the time to experiment was a game against Germany in which he played a ridiculous system whcih led to a 7-1 (!!) loss which destroyed the team's confidence completely.
Should I go on?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
GO ON!!!!!!!!!! :fero:

When do we get to the Bikin suite competition?!?!?!?! :depress: :depress:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts