Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a thread to discuss the tactics of the match, nor what needs to be changed for next year..

I just want to know how everyone felt waking up this morning. Yesterday, my heart was broken. It's almost the same pain I have suffered in this round every year, but this year was far worse.

I remember yesterday being sick to my stomach watching the game, and there was a point in the second half when Roma hit the cross bar that made me want to puke. I couldn't handle it anymore, their second goal just ripped me to pieces. There was so much rage going through me, but there was nothing I could do about it. Just absolutely devastated.

Last night I kept waking up during the night... Even though I was half asleep and pretty unaware, I couldn't stop thinking about the game, and when I woke up this morning, I really felt empty inside.

I think I realized today how much I really love this club, truly and sincerely, my love for this team grows more and more everyday. I love them with everything I have.

I also remember now after we scored, the energy that Raul and Robinho brought, it was truly inspring. There was too much going through my mind to think about it when I was watching it live, but now I really appreciate their efforts. We just lost tactically and mentally. But this team is young, the coach is still learning, and it is very scary how good this team can be. We have a bright future ahead of us.

Feel free to use this thread to get off anything that is on your mind..

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Shattered.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Did you guys really expected Schuster to win it in his first year...

You must be feeling real bad if you did.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Did you guys really expected Schuster to win it in his first year...

You must be feeling real bad if you did.
No, but we expected to pass Roma.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
not as bad as the 3 years before. i didnt have high expectations, but then again i thought wed atleast pass roma (as did so many others).

our coefficent is gonna suck ass. do they count it on both national and european performances or either one?

I also remember now after we scored, the energy that Raul and Robinho brought, it was truly inspring. There was too much going through my mind to think about it when I was watching it live, but now I really appreciate their efforts. We just lost tactically and mentally. But this team is young, the coach is still learning, and it is very scary how good this team can be. We have a bright future ahead of us.
totally with you on this mate. in these type of games i seem to black out for 90 minutes, i dont concentrate on the little details of the match just whether its a goal or not. after it when i calm down it comes flooding back.

ill always support this team, but this isnt hte end of the world. it's just another year, an unfortunate one but we move on.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Why do I feel worse than I did against Bayern and Arsenal the last two years?

Mind you, this still doesn't compare to how I felt when Raul Bravo right-footed the clearance to Zalayeta in 2005. That was... well, I don't know... I can't even explain.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Josh, yeah. This is the worst I have felt since that day in Turin.

But that was different for me. We had the best team in the World, and an advantage going in the 2nd leg.. Shit like that was really hard to swallow.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
I thought this thread was a play on the first question to Schuster on the press conference:

Reporter-Mister, how do you feel after failing to qualify for the next round

Schuster-Fine, thank you

:googly:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I thought this thread was a play on the first question to Schuster on the press conference:

Schuster-Fine, thank you

Will you stop with your bullshit already? Opportunist at it's best. You go silent when we're winning, and show up to post non-stop when we lose. Now since yesterday, every single post is about Schuster's press conference. We get it; you don't like the guy. This isn't even the right thread for your bullshit. I'd expect alot better from you, Raul.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
C'mon man, this thread has nothing to with that press conference, keep that in a relevant thread please.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts

Schuster-Fine, thank you

sorry but what a question is that? journalistically highly developed. :googly:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
:depress: & :broken:, but I still love the club

Hala Madrid

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Josh, yeah. This is the worst I have felt since that day in Turin.

But that was different for me. We had the best team in the World, and an advantage going in the 2nd leg.. Shit like that was really hard to swallow.
Same here. I was soo confident we were going to pass them. We should've atleast reached the final. Plus I missed having those big European nights. Lets no kid our selves, facing the Bayern we faced last year and Roma aren't the big nights we used to have. Not even Arsenal. I remember the game against Manchester. Thats what the CL is about.

I feel disappointed because we are superior to Roma. I feel disappointed because I know we couldn't passed them if we didn't have 7 players out injured.

But what can we do? We're going to come back stronger than ever next year.

PS. If only the team was half as passionate as Raul. Look at his reactions after we scored the equaliser. He gave EVERYTHING he had. He didn't give up. Thats why he is our captain. Thats why no coach wants to drop him.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Why do I feel worse than I did against Bayern and Arsenal the last two years?
Because Roma are far inferior to you guys and the their teams that knocked you out?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I didnt feel too shattered, was depressed the first few hours after the defeat. But I've watched nearly every Real Madrid match this season, and our team is far from good enough. Hopefully this will make people within the organization realize that we need to improve our midfield.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I feel disappointed but I expected it after the result from the first leg in relation to the performance. That's why I had a bad feeling about the game yesterday. At this level, you have to be ruthless in front of goal or chances are you'll be punished.

Also, with so many players injured and other key ones like Pepe and Robinho coming back from injury, we were not in our best shape.

Personally, this doesn't feel as bad as last year. I'll never forgive Capello for lining up 3 DMs against the worst Bayern side of the last decade.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
I guess i matured this year, i was upset for about 10 minutes after the game but then got over it. The last years i would be upset, turn my cell off, break things and be in a bad mood for days but now i realize its not worth it, i love this club but if they play like shit like they did yesterday and i never really expected them to do well in this competition anyway why should be upset? Its just a game afterall.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts