Xtratime Community banner

How do you feel right before the game starts?

• I'm so nervous/excited I feel like I'm going to throw up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I get the shakes

• Massive butterflies

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Scared sh*tless

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Psyched and raring to go

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Calm and collected

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Game time is drawing closer. How do you feel in the minutes before the game starts?

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Psyched and raring to go. Especially after watching the Girls Gone Wild infomercial for the 14th time:D

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Psyched and raring to go. It's ass whuppin' time. Not even the match against Portugal had me scared or nervous.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I feel exactly like I felt just before matches I played in years ago. Everything is in slow motion and I am just waiting to begin with just a touch of nerves. I also used to work up just a little anger before walking onto the field. When the mix was just right, I was ready for the kickoff! These days as a spectator I try to knock the edge off the anger portion with just a touch of beer!:) I'm drinking Bud this game because they are a proud sponsor of our team.

BTW: (I've tried to put in a world tour of beers for each game. Carlsberg, German beirs galore, Tecate, Asai, Guiness, Bass, Whitebreads, Newcastle, Koeing, Pilsner, Peroni, Elephant, etc. I am having trouble finding Croatian, Turkish and Korean beers. Oh, well!)

GO NATS!!!!! I'm SOOOOO HAPPY!!!!

Oldplayer

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
There is a turkish beer that is pretty famous Oldplayer:). I think you could be able to find it, there is even a local cajun restaurant that serves it. It is called Efes Pilsen. It also sponsors the best basketball team in Turkey.

I think Tuborg is another Turkish beer (or it might be German, but made in Turkey).

I don't drink beer, but most of my cousins say it tastes better then the American beers, like Miller and Bud.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Denice, Efes took the name from the Belgian beer Maes Pilsen who sponsor the team. Its Belgian beer.

And Tuborg is Dutch. I think.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Sorry Amo, Tuborg is Danish...:)

·
Registered
541 Posts
I feel like I do before reffing an important match. Adrenaline starts to get me a little edgy. A couple of deep breaths, some stretches, and some water allows me to get myself in control. Then I focus at the task at hand. I go over an inventory in my head.

Who to watch?
What area of the field does the US control? What area Korea? This helps determine who's suffering.
Can our geologic defense positionally be effective in blunting the speedy Koreans.
Keep track of unforced errors. Scream at the idiot culprit.
Be active during the game. I'm clearing out an area around me so I can act appropriately. i.e. celebrations, exhortations, exhasperations, incredulations, confident satisfactions.

It'l 8 PM I'm going to bed. 2 alarms set. Be there.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Denice, Efes took the name from the Belgian beer Maes Pilsen who sponsor the team. Its Belgian beer.

And Tuborg is Dutch. I think.
Alright, thanks for the explanation. But the beer labels have Efes Pilsen on them as well, how does that work out?:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts