Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what type of players would you put into the category of being a legend?what credentials,achievements,attributes etc would give them legendary status according to you.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
You don't "define" a legend by anything.

Legends just are. They live on in our imaginations way past their playing time and transcend generations. There's no technical definition to it; you simply look at a player and know: he is a legend.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
it doesn't matter how you define one, what matters is that you can exaggerate their talents greatly and massively overstate their importance for fun.

example: Charlie George is a legend, if it wasn't for him Arsenal would have gone bankrupt at that time due to low attendances.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I think there are two types of legends.

1. Someone who when you hear their name, everyone just knows they are legends. Goes without argument as such. Maradona/Pele type.

2. Someone who may think that person is a legend, but someone else doesnt even consider them great. I think Maldini is a legend, but others say he is just good (this greek guy at work told me that yesterday, i just walked off and didnt even bother).

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
A legend is someone that has a great impact in the game like Pele, Garrincha , Maradona and others.
Today Players such as Romario, Ronaldo, Zidane and Maldini will easily be remembered as legends IMHO.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
You have the global legends like a Pele or a Maradona who are known all over the planet, and then you have the club legends like Ian Wright who mean nowt to the vast fanboys because they didn't play in SERIE A :star: but are the best thing since sliced bread to the fans who grew up adoring them. Then there are players who are legends for different reasons, like Cygan being a legend at being shite. Oh, and:

:proud: :D

·
Registered
625 Posts
Posters with 10000+ posts, such as Jern and Cug. :D
You guys are legends :star:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
CUG said:
I think there are two types of legends.

1. Someone who when you hear their name, everyone just knows they are legends. Goes without argument as such. Maradona/Pele type.

2. Someone who may think that person is a legend, but someone else doesnt even consider them great. I think Maldini is a legend, but others say he is just good (this greek guy at work told me that yesterday, i just walked off and didnt even bother).

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Andrija PFC said:
You don't "define" a legend by anything.

Legends just are. They live on in our imaginations way past their playing time and transcend generations. There's no technical definition to it; you simply look at a player and know: he is a legend.
:thmbup:

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I define it as someone who will be remembered as a hero by club/country/league long after they have left.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

Legend or moany bastard ? :smileani:
Obviously it's possible to be both. :stuckup: :D

btw - I've got this picture of Trap tackling Cruyff in a magazine at home from the Milan - Ajax 4:1 demolition job in the '69 ;) European Cup final. but can i find it on the net? or is it any wonder that Cruyff hates Milan/Italy? no :( :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
does a legend have to be a good player or can he be one just because he scythes down a 17 year old kid clean through on goal with a brutal professional foul to stop him being the youngest ever player to score in an F.A. Cup Final ?

is that legend, hero or probably cult-hero ?

WILLIE's gonna get ya !!!! :howler:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts