Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During Freekicks?I've learned u have to shoot it slightly off center. Also, if i want to make it curve right to left,do i shoot it slightly to the right or to the left?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Well the way I do it is with a quick snapping action of the foot when I'm kicking it. Basically when I kick it straigh I just hit it straight on and pound the thing. However, when I'm trying to curve it, I hit it with my foot but my foot is also moving side to side as welll as forward. Its not a slow motion, but rather a quick snap of the foot to the side as I hit the ball and the ball curves to the left if I snap my foot to the right. More importantly, I hardly ever hit the ball int he middle. I usually hit the edge of the ball closest to me and barely at that. Though the kick is still strong.

EDIT: NOw that I think of it, I actually think I move more side to side than forwrard in tersm of my fooot action.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Can a moderator please move this thread to XTratime on the pitch?

·
Registered
69,455 Posts
its easier with a flatter ball :D
well what I do is just hit it with the outside of my foot and the spin usually makes it curve.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Wow, curving the ball with the outside of the boot is the popular method these days? I haven't seen anyone do that since Roberto Carlos!

For me (a right-footer), the easiest way to curve the ball to the left is to lean back, throw my left arm backwards, and hit the ball low and to the right with the upper instep, then follow through in the direction of the curve.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
the easiest way to curve the ball to the left is to lean back, throw my left arm backwards, and hit the ball low and to the right with the upper instep, then follow through in the direction of the curve.
ur right, i use this method too, + it doesnt need much power.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Best and easiest method is to drag your non shooting foot way, way over the ball and plant. Then drag your your shooting foot forward and bend your body inwards, kinda like Lampard on a lot of his shots. A bit of practice needed

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I hit it with the instep upper part

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Like I said earlier, I do use the outside of my left foot but if I take a free kick I usually us the inside of my foot or I 'lace' it (not my real laces because they're to the side but you know ;))

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Left footer, so I hit the ball on the bottom left of the ball. I fall backwards as my leg goes high. Use this more often when it's closer to the goal i.e 20-27 metres. I hit it more to the bottom so it floats into the corner ;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
use some banana boots, they are great, but make sure you conform to EE standards. :shades:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I suggest watching what beckham does, I replicated what he did when taking freekicks and you can get awesome amounts of curve.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts