Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel that all this praise is coming from EPL fans.

My view: :D
They are workhouses. They cover every blade of the grass. Make long passes. Take long shots at goal. Sweat for 90 minutes. But that's it! No skill. Poor ball control. No dribbling skills whatsoever. They are just average. I can do whatever they can do and I am not even a professional footballer. How these average footballers are considered world class in england is beyond me. And the funny thing is they have some skillful players like J.Cole, Hargraves(sp) who are not given enough chance and praise

·
Registered
251 Posts
Lampard: all class great creator, scorer and hard working midfielder

Gerrard: overated, plays too many long balls, is a hardworker but really is a bit of a rusty knife

·
1st Tier Poster
48,801 Posts
Calcio100 said:
They are workhouses. They cover every blade of the grass. Make long passes. Take long shots at goal. Sweat for 90 minutes. But that's it! No skill. Poor ball control. No dribbling skills whatsoever. They are just average. I can do whatever they can do and I am not even a professional footballer.
If you can do whatever they can do then why are your sitting behind your computer instead of making millions in EPL?

Arsenal could use you in their central midfield.

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
they are both great players. if i was the boss of a big team they would be one of my first choices for the central midfielder position...

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I think they both are great players. Especially Gerrard. He is fantastic and way to good to play for Liverpool in my view.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I rate Lampard as a joke. Most overrated player in the world along John Terry and Fabio Cannavaro.

I rate Gerrard as one of the great. He´s everything Lampard wish he´d be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gerrard undoubtedly better; bigger influence on the team, better passing, makes pentrating runs with his pace and is better at tracking back and defending. Did anyone see the way Lampard disappeared against Barcelona??

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think both of them are great.And nobody mentioned that Gerrard has a very strong,powerful shot.
And Baboti what do u have against Terry and Cannavaro...they both work very hard and push themselfs to the limits for their teams:)

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
Decent effort till you mentioned Hargreaves, Calcio. That was taking the joke too far. ;)
Yeah, he's not even English. :howler:

Anyway, as we know from XT expertise in proving things -

"The EPL sucks."
"English football sucks"
"Every English footballer is overrated"
"Rooney is useless"
"Lampard doesn't do anything for the Chelsea team running away with the league... nor Terry for that matter. They're both crap."
"Gerrard is utter crap who is in love with Henry."

So there is no point in this thread as they were proven rubbish with the irrefutable arguments exampled above. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
They are both trully world-class.

Gerrard, at least for me, is the best box-to-box midfielder in the World.

Lamps is also quite simply superb.

Man, football isn't always dribbling half the team and scoring, both these guys bring something else/ different to the table.

·
Registered
931 Posts
these two blokes get a big bagging on xtratime..seems cool to hate em. it takes many footballers to make an..erm..football world.?? sure they arnt as attractive as watching a player like messi or henry but they get the job done for their respective teams. There style to suits the epl..simple as that.

if you dont like it you can get out..

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Marc said:
Anyway, as we know from XT expertise in proving things -

"The EPL sucks."
"English football sucks"
"Every English footballer is overrated"
"Rooney is useless"
"Lampard doesn't do anything for the Chelsea team running away with the league... nor Terry for that matter. They're both crap."
"Gerrard is utter crap who is in love with Henry."

So there is no point in this thread as they were proven rubbish with the irrefutable arguments exampled above. :thumbsup:
As opposed to Marc's expertise in proving things:

"England would be much better than Brazil if it wasn't for Eriksson."
"Every English player is the best until Sven picks him over Dean Ashton and Michael Carrick for the NT. Then they become my pet hates and I go on hissy fits."
"Glen Johnson is wonderful."
"Lampard whipes the floor with Ronaldinho. Terry is the best defender in the world."
"Michael Carrick is both the best defencive midfielder AND the best passer in the world."
"An aura enriched by the smell out of Frank Lampard's ass has been proven to be beneficial to the mankind."

You and calcio have more in common than you can immagine. Problem is, he is a permanent pisstake, while you actually believe them crazy things. ;)

Cue Marc coming guns blazing "I never said them things!" and asking me to dig up his posts where he says Lampard is "as good as Ronaldinho" when in fact he "only" said "he does everything as good as Ronaldinho except having bit less flair". ;)

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Gerrard is world class, can only think of one CM better than him.

Lampard is good and all, but overated. He never passes, unless he has to, which is the last minute possible.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
As opposed to Marc's expertise in proving things:

"England would be much better than Brazil if it wasn't for Eriksson."
"Every English player is the best until Sven picks him over Dean Ashton and Michael Carrick for the NT. Then they become my pet hates and I go on hissy fits."
"Glen Johnson is wonderful."
"Lampard whipes the floor with Ronaldinho. Terry is the best defender in the world."
"Michael Carrick is both the best defencive midfielder AND the best passer in the world."
"An aura enriched by the smell out of Frank Lampard's ass has been proven to be beneficial to the mankind."

You and calcio have more in common than you can immagine. Problem is, he is a permanent pisstake, while you actually believe them crazy things. ;)

Cue Marc coming guns blazing "I never said them things!" and asking me to dig up his posts where he says Lampard is "as good as Ronaldinho" when in fact he "only" said "he does everything as good as Ronaldinho except having bit less flair". ;)
Except for the fact I don't come anywhere near the things you are saying of me while what I said is not only true but actually stated in this very thread. You know this though since you're just out to troll in many a thread, repeating the same things but running away when called on it.

I never said England would be better than Brazil if not for Sven, I said we might actually play like a team. :rolleyes:

Yeah, thinking the likes of Crouch and P. Neville are lesser players than Ashton and Carrick is a real stretch.

I mostly say Johnson has potential and that I rate him over a lot of other rightbacks mostly due to how poor that position is. But he hasn't had games so haven't really said anything of him lately.

Where did I say Lampard wipes the floor with Ronnie? I mostly respond to the argument saying Lampard is crap for the twenty seventh time, I don't start threads saying he is better than anyone.

Carrick the best DM? Eh? I would play Parker ahead of him. Your not even close. Best passer? He's not even the best passer in the England squad let alone the world.

Well thats true, but no man could deny such a thing.

No shit cue me saying I never said those things. You have continually LIED about what I say, when i ask for quotes of me saying these things you suddenly become a mute and sulk off to your hole. :howler: :finger: Away you go, back to your hole under the bridge. Until next time.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Ho-hum. ;)

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Indeed.

No shit cue me saying I never said those things. You have continually LIED about what I say, when i ask for quotes of me saying these things you suddenly become a mute and sulk off to your hole. Away you go, back to your hole under the bridge. Until next time.
Wow, Amoroso failed to give a single quote to backup his lies... again. There is some kind of pattern here I am not seeing. :howler: I look forward to our next meeting, I have no doubt it will be as amazingly forthcoming as every other encounter.

"Marc said the universe is made out of popcorn, and that he sells poison to girl scouts, and his arms are made out of rockets and oranges."

"What! When?"

"...... *runs away flailing arms*"

:thumbsup: :finger:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts