Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was talking to a guy at Uni last year sometime and he told me he used to be a coach at Southamton. I've been researching how I can get into it but haven't really gotten far, so now I'm asking you guys for some help. I really want to get into coaching and my dream is to one day be working at Fenerbahce. Do you guys have any advise you could give me?

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
The first step you need to find out about is the FA Coaching Level 1. I believe the cost is around £150 for the course, which is only about a 8hour course. This qualification lets you coach a side under the age of 16. This course is extremely easy.

The next level, is level 2, which I think is twice the price, and the first man coaching level you need to coach mens football.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, do u know what happens after that? How would I go about finding a coaching job?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Ask around at some local amateur clubs. I've done the coaching course and did some part-time coaching for U12's last year. It's better to start off with kids because it's easier, and less pressure. :)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
My mate did coaching at college, and the college got him on loads of courses for free, he got in touch with Derby County, and got involved with coaching children for free, he know coaches Derby Ladies and is getting paid for it and is only 19.

Basically you have to get on courses, get qualifications, keep asking around for opportunities to coach, and hope you get a lucky break.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ur mate sounds like he's sorted! he's only 19 which is really good too. thanks for the advice u guys, keep it coming.....

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Your best bet is get the fa 1 and 2 coaching badges and then findyourself an ameteur club to learn your trade. Also down the page somewhere i put in the coaching thread some goalkeeping sites which gave some good drills etc.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I have the FA Level 1, and it is unbelievably simple. Its basic first aid/CPR, best practice and a bit of coaching. My College subsidised it as a complimentary study, but I still had to pay £40. It was good though, and I've done a bit of coaching the summer since then, and some for work experience. Word of advice though, don't work with kids.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I thought the same. Kids are a nightmare, believe me. They don't listen, and you're constantly repeating yourself. The majority are well behaved, but theres a few who aren't, and this will be a big problem, believe me.

·
Banned
2,017 Posts
Hehe yeah ofcourse but don't let it get to you, if they sense that they are getting to you they will only be worse, its more about mutual respect but like you say it depends on the kid, they aren't all that bad but in this country there is a lack of respect with kids compared to most parts in the world.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I still believe kids are easier then adults as in aus ive been coaching young goalkeepers for a year now and if one doesnt like what were doing i send him for a lap and just send him away to watch. Dont let 1 bring down the team

1 - 14 of 14 Posts