Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have some Zeljo fans here, Sarajevo fans, Velez, etc. How did you guys get into watching your club?

I remember when I was really really young, I was mostly into watching Yugoslavia. I kinda liked Red Star but didn't watch clubs much at all. But even after the war I always liked the idea of Yugoslavia. I liked the idea of a multi-cultural team. I mean many people today from all the republics say how they would prefer being in Yugoslavia than their current countries.

I grew up in Kljuc, so I had no local club in the big league.

In any case, in my teens, after I moved to Canada I got to really paying attention to Zeljo. And really what drew me most to them was this "multi-cultural" image and the fact that it was a "working-man's" club. I felt it was the "real" people that cheered for Zeljo and the uptight asses that cheered for Sarajevo heheh. I posted a lot on message boards, got to see some games, and really fell in love more and more. And that is how it started.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I Grew up in Germany, Lived on the same street as the stadium, thats how i FELL In LOVE with VFL Bochum, I followed them when I came to America.Saw my first games there, ill upload 1 or 2...

NK Tosk and Pobjeda are my mahala teams,

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
I was born in Mostar so of course I was always going to be a Velez fan.my old man took me to every game when I was 4 up untill the war began,Velez is the symbol of Mostar along with Stari Most,and has an impressive tradition not only in the strong ex-yu league but in Europe as well .Its a Legendary club with legendary players like Bajevic,Maric,Vladic,Baka,Tuce Kodro and so on.Cheering for any other club would be unthinkable.It doesnt matter that we arent at BB anymore,we can play at Vrapcici or wherever Velez fans will always support the club through good times and bad.

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Cheering for the BiH NT needs no explanation,I started following Manchester United because of Cantona,the guy was amazing and I love the passion that he played with,and I started to follow Hoffenheim because they have Ibisevic,Salihovic and Mesic.Obviously all these clubs are way behind Velez.

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VELEZ1922 said:
I was born in Mostar so of course I was always going to be a Velez fan.my old man took me to every game when I was 4 up untill the war began,Velez is the symbol of Mostar along with Stari Most,and has an impressive tradition not only in the strong ex-yu league but in Europe as well .Its a Legendary club with legendary players like Bajevic,Maric,Vladic,Baka,Tuce Kodro and so on.Cheering for any other club would be unthinkable.It doesnt matter that we arent at BB anymore,we can play at Vrapcici or wherever Velez fans will always support the club through good times and bad.
Very cool, Velez.

Come on Bosanac, Ero, Zloca, Adnan, Bosnian and the rest..lets hear it!

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
like i said in some older posts, i'm not a fan of the bih league, but i like sarajevo. i used to be a fan of cz when i was 5-6 though (i feel ashamed lol). what can i say, prosinecki was one of my favorites back then. some years later though, i started liking milan a lot and just stuck with it. dinamo zagreb was one of my favorite teams to follow in the mid to late 90's, and i still like them today.

·
Registered
36,179 Posts
Wwell, my old man played for Velez before I was even born. Growing up in Mostar I was an avid Velez fan. Went to all the games I could and even watched some from my aunties balcony who lived in the Bijeli Brijeg neighbourhood, and her building overlooked the stadium.

Rodjeni rodjeni, na neretvi rodjeni !!!

Now I'm going to be a little controversial, but for me, Velez, the symbol of Mostar and my club ceased to exist when the war began.

Zrinjski was re-instated and I've been following them since.

The National Team is a "svetinja", ljubav. When we play, I can't eat, I can't sleep for days, when we lose, same story. Depression for at least a week. During the game, don't talk to me, don't ask me anything, don't comment, shut up and watch :) There's only 2-3 people in this world who I can watch an NT match with without telling them to f.uck off at some stage. Passion, pride and unconditional love.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
As a young chap i moved to Australia pre war time , Football in Australia was not very recgonised and it really did resemble our league atm . Many clubs came from diffrent backgrounds and at times was pretty much run by south melbourne (greek). And other major sports in the country AFL made it hard for the sport to develop . So i was unable to follow any team in Australia thats was involved in a hige level of the game .

The reason for Zeljo being my club is that my family overseas would send zeljo track suits to me from Bosnia and stayed in my head . As i grew older and older i really began to lean what the club stood foor and its great history . This made me wonna follow the club even more and since then i have developed a great love for the club . Its very intresteting because i come from a family thats have been fk Sarajevo fans for generations . Yet at the time my grandmother could only find Zeljo track suits and jumpers in the markets which today has contributed for my love to the club .

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Lovely story there adnan (clap clap clap ) lol

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
I started cheering for the one and only Zeljo once i realised FKS sucks arse, somewhere about the same time i learnt to walk ;)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
lol i like that one bosanac

·
Registered
36,179 Posts
Adnan said:
To keep a long story short: my dad was always a big fan of Velez and with me living in Hercegovina, not far from Mostar, it wasn't difficult to fall in love with them, especialy with the big history they have.
The story of most Velez fans lives ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ero said:
The story of most Velez fans lives ;)

Look who is talking, an "ultra" from 1993:yuck: .are you sure you aren't torcida from hercegovina :rolleyes: :howler: ....make up you'r minds for once.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
dad was a huge fan of Celik when he was young went to all their games for about 5-6 years, so that is why i support them now..

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Samadhi said:
Look who is talking, an "ultra" from 1993:yuck: .are you sure you aren't torcida from hercegovina :rolleyes: :howler: ....make up you'r minds for once.
Ero was just kidding mate so let's not ruin this thread as well, it's just banter. He keeps saying these things because his club lacks the history Velez has so he has to make arguments (which are silly) like these ;)

·
Registered
36,179 Posts
Exactly, history! BTW, how many championships has Velez ever won? In their "history"?

(cue crickets chirping....) ;)

·
Registered
36,179 Posts
I want a number...how many? How many in their great "history"?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts